Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

johnny73 said:

I don't think it's entirely the Hound. Just bits of him.

Do you mean the mountain ? We haven't seen the hound for a couple of series now (but he'll be back I'm sure)
    Get them mixed up. Yes I meant the Mountain. Basically we have a Frankenstein and his monster scenario going on.
  • Options

I'm very intrigued as to what happened to Hodor to make him the way he is, too.

I'm guessing either got kicked by a horse or struck by lightening - would explain his fear when bran has to warg into him to get him to shut up.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

se9addick said:

johnny73 said:

Do you mean the mountain ? We haven't seen the hound for a couple of series now (but he'll be back I'm sure)
    Get them mixed up. Yes I meant the Mountain. Basically we have a Frankenstein and his monster scenario going on.
    Oh yeah, that's him. Can't wait to see what he looks like !
  • Options

I'm guessing either got kicked by a horse or struck by lightening - would explain his fear when bran has to warg into him to get him to shut up.
    Not sure Game of Thrones has ever been as simple as 'he got kicked by a horse'! I'm guessing maybe he's seen something traumatic and maybe important.
    se9addick said:

johnny73 said:

se9addick said:

johnny73 said:

I don't think we'll find out - he won't take the helmet off.
  • Options

Not sure Game of Thrones has ever been as simple as 'he got kicked by a horse'! I'm guessing maybe he's seen something traumatic and maybe important.
    se9addick said:

johnny73 said:

se9addick said:

johnny73 said:

I don't think we'll find out - he won't take the helmet off.
    What ? Surely he will ? Series finale or summit
  • Options

Well in that episode the Stark boys were trying to get Hodor to fight with them until Nan stopped them. My assumption was that there came a time where Nan wasn't around and one of the Starks, probably Ned, smacked Hodor in the head so hard he gave him brain damage. Would add an interesting level of guilt to Bran's relationship with Hodor as well as making him see a side of his family he might not like
  • Options
    Maybe his full name is Willis Targaryen and he is the true heir to the Iron Throne...think about it, it all makes sense #hodorisrhaegar
  • Options
    H + L = J
  • Options

H + L = J

It's got to the point that I hope Jon really is the result of Ned getting it on with a random wench. It would be a more surprising plot twist than that cryptic equation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As an aside, who the hell would be next in line now if Tommen died?!

A possible answer to my own question:

mashable.com/2016/05/03/game-thrones-heir/#xPkEwg8xQuqP
  • Options

Great article. I really hope that it happens that way. I think a lot of people erroneously think Cersei will be the natural choice as Queen Mother anyway, but I'd love the scene where the Maesters dig out the Baratheon family tree and come to the same conclusion, what a great scene that would be. Perhaps in front of Margaery who herself is claiming as the king's wife she should take over.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Great article. I really hope that it happens that way. I think a lot of people erroneously think Cersei will be the natural choice as Queen Mother anyway, but I'd love the scene where the Maesters dig out the Baratheon family tree and come to the same conclusion, what a great scene that would be. Perhaps in front of Margaery who herself is claiming as the king's wife she should take over.
    That would be a very good scene.

Then Gendry rows in.
  • Options
    Presumably Kevan Lannister could have a shout too as male heir.
  • Options
    God damn it. I wanted to see what was in that tower, now I have to wait at least another week.

• Options
    Found this weeks quite hard work. The slowest episode so far but shit will go down soon, so I can handle it.
  • Options
    A lot going on in that episode without a great deal actually happening. Thats the good thing now i guess, got very little idea of what will happen next. Could do with some Bronn though!
  • Options
    I'm really enjoying Bran's flashbacks, best bit tonight.

Closely followed by Jon Snow getting some justice.

Enjoyed the scene with Ramsay and the Umbers too, think that, Jon and Sansa's storylines are coming together nicely.

The rest (Daenerys, Mereen, Kings Landing, Arya) I agree, a bit slow.
  • Options
    Ad about Shaggydog too! Three down....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had no idea what the gift to Ramsay was going to be
  • Options

God damn it. I wanted to see what was in that tower, now I have to wait at least another week.

i knew we were going to get blue balled about it, it's the one major thing book readers are dying to know.
  • Options
    That Arthur Deyne was handy.
  • Options

Which begs the question, why did rhaegar send the best swordsman in the kingdom, along with another two of his kings guard (rhaegar only had 7 in his kingsguard) to defend a tower that just had ned's sister in it? Surely there must be some one else there...
  • Options
    If this goes into some weird time travel paradox then I will not be happy.

Bran goes back in time, and shouts people can "hear" him. Didn't "Mad" King Aerys go mad because he heard whispers?
  • Options
    WSS said:

Bran goes back in time, and shouts people can "hear" him. Didn't "Mad" King Aerys go mad because he heard whispers?

That wouldn't be a narrative paradox. That would be the "whatever happened, happened" approach to time travel, which would fit with Tree Man's line "the paint is dry".

I don't mind if they do that because it fits. Unlike Lost, where, if time travel was always the plan, they'd have sewn the seeds much earlier.
  • Options
    WSS said:

In one of the trailers the night King actually touches bran.
  • Options
    Unless the TreeMan is Bran...
  • Options

Which begs the question, why did rhaegar send the best swordsman in the kingdom, along with another two of his kings guard (rhaegar only had 7 in his kingsguard) to defend a tower that just had ned's sister in it? Surely there must be some one else there...
    Yeah, I think it's pretty certain now.
  • Options
    I can only see two possibilities in the tower, Ned's sister being raped, or Jon Snow being born.