Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• Options

I can only see two possibilities in the tower, Ned's sister being raped, or Jon Snow being born.

has to be the latter, I think Rheagar left his best man to protect the woman he loved and raped, from being rescued.

From memory I thought in the books Robert Baratheon was also at the tower with Ned.
  • Options

I can only see two possibilities in the tower, Ned's sister being raped, or Jon Snow being born.

Must be the birth. If she was being raped I don't think he would've paused on the stairs, turned around slowly and had a good look.
  • Options
    I was intrigued whether Ned heard Bran or not.

Could be very big if Bran can basically talk to people in the past.
  • Options
    I hope Rikon dies, pointless character in book and tv.
  • Options

cfgs said:

has to be the latter, I think Rheagar left his best man to protect the woman he loved and raped, from being rescued.

From memory I thought in the books Robert Baratheon was also at the tower with Ned.
    I'm thinking it might well be less of a kidnapping and rape and more of an elopement. That would mean that Jon is both a legitimate Targaryen and a legitimate Stark. A lot of this show, including this episode, focuses on how histories are reported by the victors. Bran was always told that Ned defeated the best swordsman ever, when he actually only killed him after his friend sneaked up on him and stabbed him in the back. It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that Lyanna willingly went with Rhaegar and never wanted to marry drunken, bloodthirsty Robert Baratheon.

Robert wasn't at the tower in the books
    Hmmmmmm if you are right it depends on the laws of marriage in Westeros as old rampant Rhaegar was already married. So John would just be a royal bastard.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

cfgs said:

I'm thinking it might well be less of a kidnapping and rape and more of an elopement. That would mean that Jon is both a legitimate Targaryen and a legitimate Stark. A lot of this show, including this episode, focuses on how histories are reported by the victors. Bran was always told that Ned defeated the best swordsman ever, when he actually only killed him after his friend sneaked up on him and stabbed him in the back. It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that Lyanna willingly went with Rhaegar and never wanted to marry drunken, bloodthirsty Robert Baratheon.

Hmmmmmm if you are right it depends on the laws of marriage in Westeros as old rampant Rhaegar was already married. So John would just be a royal bastard.
    The kingsgaurd only protected members of the royal family as well. Royal bastards had been ligitimised in the past, I think it was the Blackfyres or something like that. At the time Rhaegar would of left the tower he thought he was off to defeat Robert at the Trident, so his father would have been able to legitimise him. Plus wasn't he obsessed with the idea of fathering the prince that was promised?

On the question of rape, I think Ned believed that, but the suggestion was his sister was also infatuated with Rhaegar
  • Options
    cfgs said:

cfgs said:

targaryen's often had multiple wives.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    My missus has this on 'catch-up' and watches during the day. Every now and again, if I am home, I catch a glimpse of it or hear a line from it. What total and utter dross!! She'll be tuning into bloody F1 and NFL next if I ain't careful!!
  • Options
    edited May 2016

My missus has this on 'catch-up' and watches during the day. Every now and again, if I am home, I catch a glimpse of it or hear a line from it. What total and utter dross!! She'll be tuning into bloody F1 and NFL next if I ain't careful!!

You need to put your foot down and give her a list of acceptable TV. Women like men doing things like that.
    Yes you have to fight to watch your soap operas, Great British Bake Off and Strictly.
  • Options
    I thought this week's episode was very good. Lots going on. Can't believe it is only the 4th episode, I feel like this is the fastest season so far in terms of pacing. Last season dragged by comparison.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Was listening to something on CapitalFM this morning on the way to work.

Apparently Kit Harrington was on some American Talk Show the other day and said that he's even had to keep the truth about Jon Snow being dead or not from his family to stop anything from coming out.

The other week he was on his way home from a party and was driving rather fast... He was pulled over by the police was given an ultimatum... Speeding Ticket or Confess whether Jon Snow is dead or not.
  • Options

Was listening to something on CapitalFM this morning on the way to work.

Apparently Kit Harrington was on some American Talk Show the other day and said that he's even had to keep the truth about Jon Snow being dead or not from his family to stop anything from coming out.

The other week he was on his way home from a party and was driving rather fast... He was pulled over by the police was given an ultimatum... Speeding Ticket or Confess whether Jon Snow is dead or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn8ptplqQ38
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Fiiish said:

I thought this week's episode was very good. Lots going on. Can't believe it is only the 4th episode, I feel like this is the fastest season so far in terms of pacing. Last season dragged by comparison.

Now the TV show is flying somewhat solo from the books, they seem to be trying to up the pace. Three or four potentially juicy story lines setup this week. The acid test will be how soon we see the pay-off to the setup. In previous seasons these kind of things would take several episodes, if not seasons, to come to fruition, so I wouldn't get too excited about the pace just yet.

Was it on here that I read they are aiming for 2 more seasons? If that is the case, then with about 400 different story lines with their ends still flapping loose in the breeze, they really have to start upping the tempo a bit soon otherwise they will never be able to tie them all up.

After the latest episode though, sooner or later, shit is gonna get real!
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

The first couple of episodes had two scenes per story and it felt rigid. This episode was more focussed and harder to see where the story would venture next.

That said, it's been pretty clear for a while that they're lining up a clash between the Starks/ Littlefinger and Ramsay, who will almost certainly suffer the fate his father warned him of i.e. Being a mad dog will only get him so far.

I did love Littlefinger's "time to get in the fray" line, and wondered if maybe he also me at Frey, as in, a bit of vengeance to keep the Starks sweet as Sansa will surely question what he knew of Ramsay's insanity.

Danny can't be too far from heading west too now she has another army.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Now the TV show is flying somewhat solo from the books, they seem to be trying to up the pace. Three or four potentially juicy story lines setup this week. The acid test will be how soon we see the pay-off to the setup. In previous seasons these kind of things would take several episodes, if not seasons, to come to fruition, so I wouldn't get too excited about the pace just yet.

Was it on here that I read they are aiming for 2 more seasons? If that is the case, then with about 400 different story lines with their ends still flapping loose in the breeze, they really have to start upping the tempo a bit soon otherwise they will never be able to tie them all up.

After the latest episode though, sooner or later, shit is gonna get real!
    I was going to say that the reason the pace might be upped now could be because they are no longer shackled by the pace the books are currently at, or that they are worried that too many actors will leave/die/get too old before they wrap up their stories. Probably the former but I'm looking at Julian Glover (Pycelle) and wondering if he will make it to season 8?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Fiiish said:

That said, it's been pretty clear for a while that they're lining up a clash between the Starks/ Littlefinger and Ramsay, who will almost certainly suffer the fate his father warned him of i.e. Being a mad dog will only get him so far.

I did love Littlefinger's "time to get in the fray" line, and wondered if maybe he also me at Frey, as in, a bit of vengeance to keep the Starks sweet as Sansa will surely question what he knew of Ramsay's insanity.
    I may have to eat my words on this, but the outcome of that battle seems fairly predictable to me. The story has been so relentlessly grim that it needs a win for one the good guys at somepoint.

Littlefinger is maybe a bit of a wildcard still, but really the only good guys left, at least ones with a genuine chance to make a play for the thrown, are the Starks and Danny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Supposedly two more series after this one, but all of a sudden it seems as though it is all accelerating towards then end. I expect there will be plenty of twists yet.
  • Options
    The producers have said 13 episodes after this season, maybe split in to two for budgeting reasons. Also with a much greater focus, hence the chopping of the Dorne storyline. There has been the suggestion that this is a negotiation tactic.

Thought this week was excellent. It was great to see Danny's story finally move forward after two series. There seems to be so much ground to cover this series and only six episodes left. Potentially Clange bowl, 2nd battle of Winterfell, a return to the river lands, the kingsmoot and the tower of joy.
  • Options

The producers have said 13 episodes after this season, maybe split in to two for budgeting reasons. Also with a much greater focus, hence the chopping of the Dorne storyline. There has been the suggestion that this is a negotiation tactic.

Thought this week was excellent. It was great to see Danny's story finally move forward after two series. There seems to be so much ground to cover this series and only six episodes left. Potentially Clange bowl, 2nd battle of Winterfell, a return to the river lands, the kingsmoot and the tower of joy.

It was great to see Danny's what? ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Really thought we saw the best of Emilia Clarke tonight. Fantastic er....acting.

Tormund eyeing up Brienne cracked me up too. Really enjoying this season so far. Even the slower moments with the High Sparrow are good because Jonathan Pryce delivers it so well.

After 6 seasons though still havent worked out whats going on with Littlefingers accent
  • Options

Really thought we saw the best of Emilia Clarke tonight.

Me too....
  • Options

Tormund eyeing up Brienne cracked me up too.

That and Edd's face cracked me up.
  • Options

Well he is famed for doing Giants.
  • Options
    Jorah having a sneaky look at the end was pretty funny too.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Well he is famed for doing Giants.
    Tormund Giantsbone?
  • Options

well eventually all the characters will end up in basically the same place - westeros and potentially in the same battles either fighting for or against each other. I can see then that it might be easier to have less episodes. Also if there's gonna be a battle vs the white walkers that will have dragons in it as well that's gonna blow a massive hole in their vfx budget.