Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

Rob was beheaded and his wolf's head sewn on it's place btw...

Yeah I remembered that after posting. The producers also seem to have indicated that Lady Stoneheart won't be appearing in the show, but I think they might be having a change of heart about important book elements they leave out, since it would appear they have remembered that the Iron Islands actually still exist, since now previously book-only characters are making a surprise appearance, perhaps due to pressure from fans?
  • Options
    I'd like them to bring Lady Stoneheart in but not sure how they'll do it?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

There are several mentions in the show of people finding hanged bodies, I think someone mentioned to Roose this series. This will be Frey's by the brotherhood without banners, but may be laying the ground work. It'll be a lot more acceptable after Snows return. Saying that, after the first 2 episodes, it seems they are really cutting the story to the bare bones and focusing on fewer storylines.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

There are several mentions in the show of people finding hanged bodies, I think someone mentioned to Roose this series. This will be Frey's by the brotherhood without banners, but may be laying the ground work. It'll be a lot more acceptable after Snows return. Saying that, after the first 2 episodes, it seems they are really cutting the story to the bare bones and focusing on fewer storylines.
    Hopefully so. It's easy to get lost in both book and TV show with what happened last in which story.

Is Gendry still rowing?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

It would only make sense if they brought it back to the Brotherhood without Banners, and cannot see why, given all the different storylines they have already, why they would do that? I guess at the moment we have:

The Wall and Beyond
    - Jon Snow
    - Ser Davos and Melisandre
    - Wildlings and Night's Watch
    - White Walkers
    - Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven

The North
    - Sansa, Reek, Brienne and Podrick
    - The Boltons

The Iron Islands
    - The Greyjoys

King's Landing
    - The Lannisters
    - The Faith Militant
    - The Tyrells

Dorne
    - The Sand Snakes

Essos
    - Tyrion, Varys and Meereen
    - Daenerys and the Dothraki
    - Jorah and Daario

A lot of storylines to try to fit into 50 minutes. Admittedly some more important than others. And we haven't even seen Littlefinger or anything at the Eyrie so far this season. There is also meant to be some Riverlands stuff happening as well this season with the Blackfish, and I guess Walder Frey will probably do something regarding the Boltons killing his daughter? Admittedly he doesn't care about his daughter but he would care about the political ramifications of no longer having a marriage alliance with the Warden of the North.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Hopefully so. It's easy to get lost in both book and TV show with what happened last in which story.

Is Gendry still rowing?
    I think the tv show is starting to run into the same problem the books were, you get two scenes with every character. You can see why Martin split the characters by book.

The show runners said we only have about 2 series left or around 20 episodes after last night. They still need to subjugate and unite the seven kingdoms and then fight the White Walkers. All of that still feels a way off, let alone bringing in Stoneheart, personally I think it is the Blackfish.

• Options

Bit disappointed with Roose dying. I always saw him as the true psychopath; capable of doing everything Ramsay does but intelligent enough to hide his true nature from the wider world, and I thought he would eventually end up disposing of Ramsay when he became inconvenient. Still, without Roose to reign him in I imagine Ramsay will go insane now, which is always entertaining.

What with him, Greyjoy, the Dorne bloke etc, if I was a Lord or King or whatever I'd spend a bit more money on bodyguards and be a bit more careful about letting known psycho's be alone with me!

• Options
    Stoneheart will only be in a couple of episodes, if at all. Thoros of myr is confirmed for this season so if they will have stoneheart it will be then considering beric gives his life for stoneheart's resurrection. The actress who plays catelyn has also said she isn't contracted to game of thrones, meaning if she does appear it will only be in a cameo role.
  • Options
    A brilliant last five mins, was expecting Snow to come back but not expecting him to come back.
    I'm looking forward to seeing who Ramsey takes down before his own death!
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

A brilliant last five mins, was expecting Snow to come back but not expecting him to come back.

Hasn't Ramsey already hinted that an attack on Castle Black and Jon Snow his preference. Roose was anti but Ramsey was up for it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Big_Bob said:

Hasn't Ramsey already hinted that an attack on Castle Black and Jon Snow his preference. Roose was anti but Ramsey was up for it.
    Not so much hinted as flat out stated it. In this very episode.

• Options
    edited May 2016

Big_Bob said:

In the books before he is murdered Jon snow receives a letter from Ramsey taunting Jon about stannis' defeat and inviting him to come and see the heads of stannis' men on winterfell's battlements. This is because Sansa has run away and Ramsay believes Jon is sheltering her and "his reek". In the books mance rayder is still alive and Ramsey has captured him, and uses him as a bargaining chip for Sansa. In the preview for the next episode some one says to Ramsey "I have a gift"... Could this be another stark? Rickon maybe? Who else would make Jon leave castle black with his new army. In the "stark" ten second teaser released a few months ago it's Ramsey's voice saying "winterfell is mine, come and see!" Which is very similar to his "bastards letter" to Jon in the books. So I think the rumours are true there will be a huge battle between Jon and Ramsey, aka "bastard bowl".

Also tower of joy will be in the next episode. Brace for epic people!
  • Options
    edited May 2016

I think GoT is great but I just wish they would have a bit more daylight in each episode. Surely something exciting can happen outside in daylight hours.

Maybe it's set somewhere you only get a few of hours sunlight a day? North of the wall is pretty much Sweden....

I mean it is set in a world similar to the dark ages too...
  • Options

I think GoT is great but I just wish they would have a bit more daylight in each episode. Surely something exciting can happen outside in daylight hours.

Lol. Have you been watching? Winter is here and "the long night" - so called because the sun ceases to rise - is about to begin.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Maybe it's set somewhere you only get a couple of hours sunlight a day?

I mean it is set in a world similar to the dark ages too...

Lol. Have you been watching? Winter is here and "the long night" - so called because the sun ceases to rise - is about to begin.
    Yes, I am up to date. Maybe they need some down lighters in the castles, those rooms are so dingy :smile:
  • Options

Big_Bob said:

In the books before he is murdered Jon snow receives a letter from Ramsey taunting Jon about stannis' defeat and inviting him to come and see the heads of stannis' men on winterfell's battlements. This is because Sansa has run away and Ramsay believes Jon is sheltering her and "his reek". In the books mance rayder is still alive and Ramsey has captured him, and uses him as a bargaining chip for Sansa. In the preview for the next episode some one says to Ramsey "I have a gift"... Could this be another stark? Rickon maybe? Who else would make Jon leave castle black with his new army. In the "stark" ten second teaser released a few months ago it's Ramsey's voice saying "winterfell is mine, come and see!" Which is very similar to his "bastards letter" to Jon in the books. So I think the rumours are true there will be a huge battle between Jon and Ramsey, aka "bastard bowl".

Also tower of joy will be in the next episode. Brace for epic people!
    Christ - can you imagine if that happens how ridiculously desperate we'd all be for Jon to win?
  • Options
    Never watched it.

IS it on DVD/youtube/stream somewhere as don't have HBO?
  • Options

Never watched it.

Do you have Sky Henners ? All series are on Box Sets.

• Options

Chunes said:

The scene with Ramsey and the dogs was a bit OTT.

And other stuff like stabbing a pregnant woman's bump, slitting a woman's throat, gouging some ones eyes so hard their skull pops wasn't?

If you can't deal with stuff happening off camera instead then I'd say game of thrones is definitely not for you, there will be far more graphic things to come
    I'd say a newborn baby being ripped apart by dogs tops the lot!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ramsay is worse than Joffrey I think!
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Never watched it.

Sky Atlantic has the rights to all the HBO shows in the uk I believe. You can get the NOW entertainment package for like £8 a month if I recall correctly and gives you access to the complete series so far. Highly recommended, best show currently being made imo.
  • Options

Never watched it.

Do you have Sky Henners ? All series are on Box Sets.

No, don't have sky.
  • Options

Never watched it.

Sky Atlantic has the rights to all the HBO shows in the uk I believe. You can get the NOW entertainment package for like £8 a month if I recall correctly and gives you access to the complete series so far. Highly recommended, best show currently being made imo.
    Don't have NOW either.

have Netflix.
  • Options
    Read the books Irving you'll be posting about not having a clue who anyone is otherwise
  • Options

Never watched it.

Don't have NOW either.

have Netflix.
    You can buy the box sets on dvd? There are torrents around and streams (game of thrones happens to be the most pirated show ever). If you like quality programming £8 a month extra is a great investment imo. Get all the boxsets etc on Sky Atlantic.
  • Options

Never watched it.

If you have any friends or family who pay for Sky you can ask them for one of their 4 SkyGo internet passes. All episodes are available for download there.
  • Options

Never watched it.

If you have any friends or family who pay for Sky you can ask them for one of their 4 SkyGo internet passes. All episodes are available for download there.
    Bingo.

• Options
    Trailer for next week looks great too. Liking Bran's flashbacks as looks like we get to see characters like Arthur Dayne. Has to be said if i was Bran i'd be having visions about that short haired sand snake. Will also be interesting to see where they go with the Greyjoys as felt that all dragged on a bit in the books
  • Options
    I'm very intrigued as to what happened to Hodor to make him the way he is, too.