Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Boys of Summer - The 2014 Baseball Season

Comments

• Options

Hopefully the Giants can wrap up the series at AT & T today and set up that meeting with the evil Dodgers. super Cards

• Options
    Agree some brilliant games in the DS's. Was really annoyed I was up watching the Dodgers Cards on Friday, fell asleep when it was 6-1 Dodgers, woke up to have found out about that epic Cards inning.
  • Options
    That innings was so bizarre! Kershaw should have been pulled way before he was though.
  • Options
    So, those pesky Giants go on again. And, those pesky Dodgers go home again.

YES!! Go Giants!!!!!
  • Options
    So,
    Kansas City Royals v Baltimore Orioles for the ALCS and
    St Louis Cardinals v San Francisco Giants for the NLCS.

If your team is out, where are your allegiances now?
    For me, it's been quite an interesting change to have neither the RedSox or *Whoever is playing those damned Yanks* to root for.
    I can check out all the games as a relative neutral.

Having said that, due to the recent appearances in the World Series of both the Giants (2012) and the Cards (2013) I'm now inclined to root for whichever AL team gets through. (The Orioles' last WS appearance was in 1983 and The Royals' was in 1985).

For now though, in the ALCS I think Baltimore for me. Possibly because of that marvellous 8th inning in the 7-6 victory over Detroit in game 2 of the ALDS. Great entertainment. Having said that, The Royals' coach is called "Rusty Kuntz" so that makes me laugh every time they play!
    I can't decide on the NLCS. Maybe the Giants. There's something about St Louis I just don't like. (Maybe because they've won more WS than the Red Sox? >:-( I don't know!)

Anyway. What about you? Who are you now behind?
  • Options
    No one likes us, we don't care ; - )

Go Cards, 4th straight year in the NLCS.

We have the pitching, not sure we have the batting.

In ALCS my AL team (Baltimore) or a Missouri local Derby v Kansas? Think the Os will do it.
  • Options
    Yep - rebuilding time for the Sox.

But I would really enjoy a Cards v Royals WS. Be nice to see someone like the Royals or Orioles to win it all - like you say a change from the old guard.
  • Options

Yep - rebuilding time for the Sox.

But I would really enjoy a Cards v Royals WS. Be nice to see someone like the Royals or Orioles to win it all - like you say a change from the old guard.

Bit like saying you are fed up with Man City winning the league every year really Damo... ;-)

Except of course the squad that won in 2012 was the equivalent of West Brom winning the Premier league. :-D

Go Giants!
  • Options

No one likes us, we don't care ; - )

Go Cards, 4th straight year in the NLCS.

We have the pitching, not sure we have the batting.

In ALCS my AL team (Baltimore) or a Missouri local Derby v Kansas? Think the Os will do it.

Lol. Are you saying the Cards are the MLB Spanners?
    :-)
  • Options
    Can someone explain how the Cards seem to do it every year? Even with La Russa leaving they still get in the playoffs and go far in the playoffs. Most teams seem to have peaks and troughs but they always seem to be on a peak.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Supposed to rain here in Baltimore on Friday, and maybe Saturday, so might not get the series started on time.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Can someone explain how the Cards seem to do it every year? Even with La Russa leaving they still get in the playoffs and go far in the playoffs. Most teams seem to have peaks and troughs but they always seem to be on a peak.

Cubs, Brewers, Pirates, Reds. Historically it hasn't exactly been the Al East. Though that may change if the pirates and Cubs improve.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well after my Oakland A's completely blew it with what will go down as the worst mid season trade ever! It's hard to care. But as a Bay Area fan, I hope the Giants win
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

We are just class.

And we have the oldest and best farm system

Plus the NL central isn't the hardest and the Cubs are and always will be rubbish.

With the 12th largest budget the team ethos is important too
  • Options
    We'll gloss over the 90s though yeah?

Yeah fair point about the division. What makes the farm system so good though?
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the Cards/Giants NLCS Game 2 last night, looks like this is going to be a great series. Surprised that the Royals have won the first 2 games in Baltimore but still time for the Orioles to come back
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for the Braves to come good....or even score a home run......or move to a new stadium in the middle of nowhere
  • Options
    Cards get it back to 4-4 in the 7th from 4-0 down in game 3.

Not sure how they do it to be honest ...
  • Options
    5-4 Giants. In the 10th. This is some series.

Go Giants!!!!
  • Options
    Can see the NLCS going to seven

Kansas City now 3 - 0 in the ALCS

I-70 Series still on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aww poor Cards last night.
  • Options
    Would like to see Kansas City win it. Someone a bit different, and a World Series title heading to a real 'old school' city in middle America.

Before the Red Sox complete their Worst to First to Worst to First sequence next year.
  • Options
    Kansas leading 2-1 going into the 8th.
  • Options
    Clean sweep
  • Options

Would like to see Kansas City win it. Someone a bit different, and a World Series title heading to a real 'old school' city in middle America.

Before the Red Sox complete their Worst to First to Worst to First sequence next year.

I wanted to both like and lol this!
  • Options
    Kansas City 4 - 0 Baltimore

San Fran 3 - 1 St Louis

Not good. Losing Molina, Can't hold a lead but a win tomorrow and we have a chance
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    One for the stattoes....

Has anyone swept the entire post-season before?
    Obviously a long way to go for KC, but if they win the WS 4-0, will they be the first to do it?
  • Options
    It's baseball so there will be stats on everything.

If if if the Giants fluke a totally undeserved win over the Cards it will mean two wild card teams in the WS.
  • Options

It's baseball so there will be stats on everything.

If if if the Giants fluke a totally undeserved win over the Cards it will mean two wild card teams in the WS.

Let's hope your boys don't Randy Choke then ... :-)
  • Options
    Another great game last night between the Giants & Cards. Although it sticks in the craw a bit as a Dodgers fan I can't see the Giants blowing it from here with their best pitcher Bumgarner on the mound tonight. I don't think many would have picked a Giants/Royals WS before the play-offs began but that looks like what we have now.