Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Piggott Back!

Comments

• Options
    I like him, think he has something about him. Good touch and Trekkers for a big lad. Sadly I think this season may be too early, but the rest of our strikers arnt up to it so give him a go. Certainly won't be less effective than Church.
  • Options
    Hardly doing the business for Gillingham. We should never have sold Smith.
  • Options
    Polish Pete must be bad then to disrupt the Pigg's loan at Gills
  • Options
    I have nothing against Piggott but if we're falling back on him ahead of Church, Sordell, Tudgay, Reza and Obika then we really are in trouble.
  • Options
    Feed the pig and he will score!!
  • Options
    At this rate we'll be playing 4-2-4 with 4 centre forwards on the pitch...
  • Options
    I suspect Riga's been asked - should we keep him next year - and Riga has let's get him back at Sparrows lane so I can judge for myself on a day to day basis
  • Options
    Gills' fans rated him....

• Options
    Nah lets keep playing church the Charlton goal machine
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We really do have a ton of shit that we call strikers
  • Options
    Maybe we've just recalled because Gillingham are crap? Wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned back out again.
  • Options
    I just really really hope he's made (significant) progress since the Millwall game last September................
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Maybe he's been brought back because of his hold up play... As its been stated on other threads we've got Sordell / Obika / Church / Reza who can all run off the last man whereas they're not that good at keeping hold of the ball to bring others into play whereas Pigott did that well against Oxford and Leicester and has a good pass on him too
  • Options
    young lad, lot of potential but too soon for him. chuck him in now to a stuggling team and it could break him.
  • Options

young lad, lot of potential but too soon for him. chuck him in now to a stuggling team and it could break him.

We have an 18, 19 and 20 year old regularly starting plus the likes of Lennon and Fox who have made successful debuts.

Piggot is not too young - he's just not good enough. Cue someone calling me a to$$er.
  • Options
    He did not play very often but Peter Taylor asked for an extension to his loan, so must see something there, or he is just cheap
  • Options

What is the word on his performances for the Gills?

1 in 10 I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    get him in the team .. he simply cannot be worse than who's been 'striking' lately
  • Options
    Where's marvellous Marcus Tudgay gone. Is he on the missing persons list?
  • Options
    We undoubtedly need bodies available for the run in but it's a clear signal as to how parlous is our condition that we need to recall a youngster who's not cutting it in the division below. He'll be better than Sodall but that's like saying breaking one leg is better than breaking both.
    Tudgay's place in the pecking order is baffling. Continuing to select workshy phonies like Green and Sodall when there are any other options at all is just mental. If Tudgay plays 2 or 3 games and shapes up no better than them then, fine, drop him. Then we'll have to play the Pig cos he certainly tries hard and he's twice the size of Reza.
    Recalling Joe also sends the clear signal there's nobody else coming in with experience at this level.
  • Options
    Melrose said:

Well he was an un-used substitute against Bournemouth but isnt allowed to play Tuesday because Nottingham Forest are his parent club...

Also with the new Manager coming in @ Forest... Warnock might want to have a look at Tudgay so may recall him and if he does that on Friday (When the loan window closes) then we could be screwed if we got injuries and we didnt get a replacement in (i.e. Pigott may not have had a recall clause)

Either that or Pigott could have been recalled because we're not happy that Gillingham are only using him as a benchwarmer and may loan him out again on Friday
  • Options

Melrose said:

Pigott could have been recalled because we're not happy that Gillingham are only using him as a benchwarmer and may loan him out again on Friday
    Who would ever get someone in on loan and not use them ?

• Options
    Unfortunately the one striker who has been given a run this season is Church. Of all the others, Sordell has looked disinterested under Powell but seemed to play well against Huddersfield, and I thought maybe under a new manager was going to give it a real go. If Powell was still here we might have seen more of Tudgay (I personally think he's probably worth a shot based on how many years he's been playing, experience etc). Obika has only just come back, and we have to remember won't be playing with anyone as good as Yann. Reza has been pushed over to the right every time Riga has picked him, and seeing as he's left footed, it seems he's not best used out there. I don't see any immediate benefit of bringing Piggott back, as if people say he needs experience, then this isn't the situation to do it. I think it is probably more what @redman was getting at, giving Riga the chance to have a look at him, but we signed him up until 2016 so he's next season unless we put him up for sale.

I would have left him at Gillingham, but none of our forwards are doing well so there is an argument for bringing him back. However, we haven't got enough games to start trying out combinations now. We need to get a settled first X!
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Melrose said:

Pigott could have been recalled because we're not happy that Gillingham are only using him as a benchwarmer and may loan him out again on Friday
    Who would ever get someone in on loan and not use them ?

Does that inc. Marcel Seip / Eggert Jonsson / Luke Daniels and Neil Etheridge by any chance? ;-)
  • Options
    edited March 2014

cafctom said:

We have an 18, 19 and 20 year old regularly starting plus the likes of Lennon and Fox who have made successful debuts.

Piggot is not too young - he's just not good enough. Cue someone calling me a to$$er.
    Don't know about you being a tosser but a bit of premature evaluation there.

When he played with those other young players like Cousins, Poyet, Harriot, Fox etc he scored a lot of goals. Maybe a few familiar faces and players who know his strengths will help him out.
    I've seen him play a few times (Oxford, Millwall and in one or two of the other sub appearances when he came on), and although he obviously has a bit of strength about him, I just couldn't see a great deal of natural ability.

Though he had a good debut against Oxford, I still got the impression that sort of opposition was more his level. One problem we have at the moment is a lack of pace in the side (I'm still not buying this idea that Sordell is quick). Joe isn't very mobile from what I've seen.

I'd love to be proved wrong of course as he is one of our own - but from what I've seen so far I just can't see him being what we need. Premature maybe, but I've just got that feeling.