Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Piggott Back!

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial
LOAN WATCH: @piggydaboss has been recalled from @TheGillsFC and is available for selection at #nffc

Comments

• Options
    Strange choice to call him back. I would have thought it would have been better to keep his loan going to get games.
  • Options
    What is the word on his performances for the Gills?
  • Options
    Probably makes sense with the fixture pile up we have - gives Riga yet another option with squad rotation.
  • Options
    Or did Gillingham not want to keep him? I had a look how he was doing yesterday, has been in and out the team, subbed off early or subbed on late and I think only scored once.
  • Options
    where does it put Polish Dave ?
  • Options
    He hasn't been doing it for Gills.
  • Options
    makes sense for Riga to see him in training and make a judgement for himself. However, I'd rather we recalled Smith :-(
  • Options
    None of our strikers can score....
  • Options
    Underwhelmed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Smith, who's hardly been doing it for Swindon, one pen scored since the double on his debut, hardly world beating
  • Options
    Connor Wickham recalled by sunderland from Leeds-maybe he fancies heading south?
  • Options
    Think its unlikely for Piggot to get far with Charlton now considering the amount of strikers ahead of him on experience alone. Our "youth striker" spot seems to be well and truly assigned to Polish Pete.
  • Options
    Wickham's been recalled because Fletcher is out injured i think. And Borini can't play at Liverpool
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Smith, who's hardly been doing it for Swindon, one pen scored since the double on his debut, hardly world beating

He's scored 6 in 12 for Swindon.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2014

Connor Wickham recalled by sunderland from Leeds-maybe he fancies heading south?

Good news. Glad he will not be at Leeds before we play them. Connor Wickham made a real impact for Wednesday when we played them at the Valley.

How many clubs can a player play for in a season ? Must be reaching the limit soon. It would be brilliant for Connor Wickham to play at Charlton as he is a real talent. It would seem unlikely though.

• Options
    charltonJ said:

Rothko said:

He's scored 6 in 12 for Swindon.
    Ha! I'll play more attention to league 1 next season
  • Options
    Thank god for that, our goal scoring problems are now totally as they were
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

Good news. Glad he will not be at Leeds before we play them. Connor Wickham made a real impact for Wednesday when we played them at the Valley.

How many clubs can a player play for in a season ? Must be reaching the limit soon. It would be brilliant for Connor Wickham to play at Charlton as he is a real talent. It would seem unlikely though.

I understand we tried to get him in, but he didn't want to come. Not sure why not.

• Options
    Why not? The players we got have had a chance and clearly not scoring goals. The young lad deserves a go!!!
  • Options
    I think the problem with Pigott is that he is not what he looks.

At first glance you see this 6'+ striker so the expectation is of an old fashioned centre forward smashing centre halves out of the way to bullitt home headers.

But when you watch him play you can see he is a touch player. More Deon Burton than Andy Carroll.

If he is good enough for the Championship we still have to wait and see. He didn't impress v Millwall but that was perhaps the wrong game at the wrong time.

Will he play? I doubt he'll start but perhaps Riga wants a different type of striker and is desperate enough to give anyone a go. Must be if he is starting Danny Green. Certainly doesn't look like anymore loans coming in if Jose is saying the solution to the goal drought is already in the squad.
  • Options

makes sense for Riga to see him in training and make a judgement for himself. However, I'd rather we recalled Smith :-(

We sold him to Swindon didn't we?? We cant recall him.
  • Options
    Have we got any fantastic wingers out on loan we can recall by any chance?
  • Options

Whoosh.......
  • Options

Whoosh.......
    whhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooosshhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    As Henry says, Piggott might be asked to hold the ball up front. During ht on Saturday Riga's right hand man seemed to be asking AA to do just that (going only by his mime!). Have they realised we're not going to score through the forwards so decided we'll have to keep it there long enough for someone else to get up there? It does come back far too easily a lot of the time, either through physical weakness or just poor touch.

Fanciful idea but if / when he does get more match time during the run in can we perhaps just get behind another youth product and encourage him? He's unlikely to have much less impact than the forwards who've been ahead of him so far.
  • Options

Pigott needs a run of 10 games in the first team.

Well, it seems that is excuse when Danny Green/Sordell/whoever is useless is that he needs a run of ten games in the team.

So same must apply for Pigott? Oh no, some people have decided his rubbish so he doesn't get the multiple chances option that others do.

Go Joe Go.

Now everyone's just talking cock out of desperation and sarcasm