Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Planning Application for Sparrows Lane

1235»

Comments

• Missed this the other day. Great news.
  • Two page article in the Burnley programme. Big picture of the new building.

From reading the article it seems that part of the hold up was waiting for a new premier league/FA/Football Foundation fund to start up so we could be first in the queue with our plans.

All good, don't care where the money comes from (within reason) as long as it gets built.
  • any investment in the club's infrastructure is great great news. even if we get relegated, we'll have catergory 1 status and have sh*thot training facilities. Can only be a good thing.
  • Two page article in the Burnley programme. Big picture of the new building.

From reading the article it seems that part of the hold up was waiting for a new premier league/FA/Football Foundation fund to start up so we could be first in the queue with our plans.

All good, don't care where the money comes from (within reason) as long as it gets built.

Any idea how much it's costing?
  • Doesn't say in the article (I think) but the figure of £5m in total was mentioned a couple of years ago.

Some from CACT, some from this Football Fund and some from CAFC
  • any investment in the club's infrastructure is great great news. even if we get relegated, we'll have catergory 1 status and have sh*thot training facilities. Can only be a good thing.

Will still be at least two years before we get Cat 1 as have to wait three years before we can be re-assessed. Hopefully the building is done by then.

• Anyone have any idea why they haven't started building yet? Construction was to begin last year.
  • See the other thread about the training ground.

Only just appointed project management and then have to get planning permission.

Hand over on 5/12/16.
  • Thanks Henry, I've been an America for three months so must have missed something. I thought that planning permission had already been granted though.
  • Project team not going to be selected until the end of this year....

Time to have a hat with the powers that be at Charlton I think. I want to be a part of it
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Project team not going to be selected until the end of this year....

Time to have a hat with the powers that be at Charlton I think. I want to be a part of it

This year? 2015?
    I thought the work was scheduled to actually start on October 21st 2015.
  • seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

This year? 2015?
    As Henry said: end of 2016
  • ross1 said:

seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

This year? 2015?
    As Henry said: end of 2016
    Due to be finished 5/12/16. If you know your history