Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Planning Application for Sparrows Lane

Comments

• markmc68 said:

I like KM

What's there not to like about Katrien?
  • Great news for our club. Fingers crossed we get the decision.
  • Bloody well better get it the number of times that the Chief Exec at RBG has enjoyed hospitality at VFR.
  • Is it worth investing in that when we don't even own the site any more?? I thought it was sold on...??
  • It wasn't sold in the end.
  • Oh, I thought the previous owners sold it. Cool, category 1 training academy here we come!!
  • Excellent news, plans look great. Roland's in credit with me.
  • JonnyK said:

markmc68 said:

I like KM

I don't get it....I've never seen a picture of her so I just Googled it. I was expecting more the way people talk about her.
  • I just had to have a peek at Sparrows Lane on Google Earth to see how it stands at the moment. It certainly looks like Roland is staying true to his word about his vision for our future; very impressive plans.
  • LuckyReds said:

I just had to have a peek at Sparrows Lane on Google Earth to see how it stands at the moment. It certainly looks like Roland is staying true to his word about his vision for our future; very impressive plans.

Yes I Googled it too, big plans!
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to see Peter Varney's work being taken forward. If the club hadn't decided to sue him and Martin Prothero had got off his arse it could have been built already, because the club wasn't paying. But better late than never.
  • Is there any way the buildings could be converted some time in the future to accomodate social housing :-), getting planning consent does not mean it will be built, we have been there before with the Valley.
  • JonnyK said:

markmc68 said:

I like KM

I don't get it....I've never seen a picture of her so I just Googled it. I was expecting more the way people talk about her.
    Assume your lady is Miss World ;-)))
  • JonnyK said:

JonnyK said:

markmc68 said:

I like KM

Assume your lady is Miss World ;-)))
    No wonder Murray was so keen to get back on the board! Oi Oi

• edited March 2014

Good to see Peter Varney's work being taken forward. If the club hadn't decided to sue him and Martin Prothero had got off his arse it could have been built already, because the club wasn't paying. But better late than never.

Surely you mean ''Grrr... Standard Liege-feeding training facility''?
  • Excellent looking facilities.....another positive move by the new regime.
  • Both the links posted take me to RGB site, but say error. Is it just me, or anyone else not seeing it?
  • Doesn't seem to include a sheltered stand for viewing of U21 matches. Tight arse.
  • Sponsored links:

• You're going to cop it for that comment Tango ;-)
  • JonnyK said:

You're going to cop it for that comment Tango ;-)

Jonny, are you daring to suggest that some posters on here don't have a sense of humour? :-D
  • Anyone finding it a coincidence that the only place polish pete has been seen is at sparrows lane and now we're having all this work done?

Site foreman/translator maybe?

He'll need a CSCS card to do that, Charlton score, Charlton score.
  • Anyone finding it a coincidence that the only place polish pete has been seen is at sparrows lane and now we're having all this work done?

He'll need a CSCS card to do that, CharltonCan't score, CharltonCan't score.
    Fixed

He'll need a CSCS card to do that, CharltonCan't score, CharltonCan't score.
    Fixed
    Seem to have a full house of those.
  • The plans look great compared with the facilities presently at Sparrows Lane.
    What I don't really understand is why the Club haven't taken the opportunity to publish more about what is proposed with links to the application documents, artists impressions, time lines, etc on the O/S. Don't they want any good publicity?
  • This is a positive.
  • This is great news. Well done to the owner.