Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Hart (ed. Left the club)

124»

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Swisdom said:

He was on a huge salary, courtesy of Jimenez.

Justifiable given the recent successes of the academy. not to take anything away from Steve Avory who is instrumental but Paul Hart appeared to have had some impact there
    I think the point is rather that RD didn't want to pay at that level, and that was a factor in PH's departure, regardless of whether it was justified.
  • Leeds have got some quality young players coming through at the moment, and, similar to us, they are making it into the first team and staying there. Good luck to him.
  • Swisdom said:

Justifiable given the recent successes of the academy. not to take anything away from Steve Avory who is instrumental but Paul Hart appeared to have had some impact there
    I think the point is rather that RD didn't want to pay at that level, and that was a factor in PH's departure, regardless of whether it was justified.
    So what was the point being - "courtesy of Jimenez"?
  • edited September 2015

Swisdom said:

So what was the point being - "courtesy of Jimenez"?
    It was very much Tony Jimenez's decision to give Paul Hart an expensive five-year contract and I'm told that reservations were expressed by other board members at the time. More recently there has been a suggestion from inside the club that it was Peter Varney's decision. I don't believe that was the case or could have been the case. It's part of a mud-throwing exercise intended to discredit Varney, to which I don't wish to add any credence. Hence the attribution. But that's not the issue here.

The only reason I repeated the point was that I wasn't comfortable with Henry introducing something that sounds a bit dodgy at this very late stage. I think it was about money, but to be clear I am not criticising anybody's decision on that basis.