Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Hart (ed. Left the club)

Comments

• Steve Avory is the man that has seen all these youngsters through their CAFC journey from an early age. The Academy is in good hands

He was also my games teacher at school.
  • Good Luck Paul thanks for everything
  • Steve Avory is the man that has seen all these youngsters through their CAFC journey from an early age. The Academy is in good hands

Every silver lining......

;-)
  • Having to apply for their own job ? Nice !

Thanks Paul, good luck Steve

For Paul it was not applying for his own job as it has been down graded from Director to Manager (and combined), so can see why PH would not want it, although with the rumour that he was already on his way anyway, maybe it was a statement of convenience.

I wonder if there will be announced a Network Academy director .. lots of change to come,
  • More news to come on the structure and appointments, I reckon.

Meanwhile, thanks and best wishes to Paul Hart, who seems to have done a great job along with Steve Avory.

Hurstmere, quality school.
  • Steve Avory was my North Kent schools coach from 1st year senior to the last year.The man is different class and we won pretty much everything under his guidance.The academy is in very good hands dont worry about that.
  • As Atletico says, another rumour has come true.

It shows that many posters on CL, really do have the inside track.

All the best to Paul Hart, Steve Avory and all at The Academy.

Or, to paraphrase that well known saying, if you throw enough rumours at the forum, some of them are going to stick.
  • Sponsored links:

So now we know who to blame.
  • um Danny Dyer lives in a bungalow without a roof, don't tell anyone though
  • Congratulations to Steve Avory a great mentor and top coach and recognition he thoroughly deserves; Good luck Paul Hart in your next venture and thank you for all your efforts while you were at the academy.
  • Interviewed Paul at Sparrows Lane, at the start of the year. Very impressive and is highly respected in the game. Not sure why they would expect him to apply for his position.
    Paul I am sure would have been very keen to have seen the new academy built and been part of the team that would hopefully gain Cat 1 status. Nothing against Steve, that is not the issue I am sure. I would have thought having someone on board to be part of the 'structure' would have only have made the application less of an ordeal. Paul was as keen and as passionate about his job as anyone that I know in football, especially about the lad's at the academy/there future/education, and development. Not sure about the logic of this, as a positive move forward, but then I do not know the fact's. I got the impression he was very proud of his work record, not in an arrogant way, sad to see the guy leaving?
  • Would make sense that the change in status of the head of the academy to manager suggests a director coming in over the top responsible for two sections which include both academy and first team (over first team coach). I think previously the academy was fairly detached from the first team?

Also Roland's comments about autonomous clubs would suggest that the position was a local one rather than central, but who knows.

Mine too. Yep, Hustmere back in the early 80's. Crap school at that time and I didn't like Avory much either. That said, he's done a good job at CAFC.
  • The Academy is in very good hands under Steve Avory who is a really good guy and obviously very good at his job. Thanks to Paul Hart and good luck for the future....but leave our young'uns where they belong....at Sparrows Lane....no cherry picking!
  • I spoke to RD last night. He said "Don't worry, Katrien will cover the director of football, head coach, academy manager, goalkeeper, centre half and striker roles"*

*Some of this may have been made-up
  • Steve Avory IS Charlton and has run the academy for many years. From when we used to play the Arsenal's and the Chelsea's...and they feared us, because we are known for our academy. Paul came along when we started to play the lower league teams, so realistically his job wasn't that hard. The Diego's and Callums were here way before Paul...because of Steve and Charlton. I doubt you'll find many of the staff who worked along side him, or the players he 'nurtured' missing him.

The difference between Steve and Paul, Steve is here to develop players, Paul was here to develop himself.
  • Steve Avory IS Charlton and has run the academy for many years. From when we used to play the Arsenal's and the Chelsea's...and they feared us, because we are known for our academy. Paul came along when we started to play the lower league teams, so realistically his job wasn't that hard. The Diego's and Callums were here way before Paul...because of Steve and Charlton. I doubt you'll find many of the staff who worked along side him, or the players he 'nurtured' missing him.

The difference between Steve and Paul, Steve is here to develop players, Paul was here to develop himself.

Wow

• Sponsored links:

Blimey, strong stuff. Bit of context might be useful. Did you experience this first hand or through a family member?

Really do think your comments are very unkind, and way of the mark.
    Just check his previous work record prior to CAFC.
    Not sure why you would want to post a remark like that.
    Yes we have had a good reputation as an Academy for many a year, prior to Paul who came here from a noted background in academy/youth football.
    I do not see this as Paul verses Steve, or anything to do with 'egos' which I assume you are getting at?
    There is a lot of work to get the Academy to Cat 1 status, and the 'structure' of the management which was something that Paul talked about to me in late January, at Sparrow's Lane was going to be a challenge. We all wish the Academy great success, and of course it is not just one person who will deliver this.
    I saw the game at Ebbsfleet a few weeks ago, and we had some talented players there, and we were playing Arsenal, so I do not quite get your comment!
  • @Red_Robin11‌

I remember you saying about a year ago there was more to Kasey Palmer leaving than had come to light.

Out of interest, are you able to shed a bit more on that now ?
  • razil said:

Would make sense that the change in status of the head of the academy to manager suggests a director coming in over the top responsible for two sections which include both academy and first team (over first team coach). I think previously the academy was fairly detached from the first team?

Also Roland's comments about autonomous clubs would suggest that the position was a local one rather than central, but who knows.

So the trust chairman posts a positive spin on hypothetical proceedings and doesn't question the reality of the change. Glad my £5 this year stayed in my pocket. Still it will be ok as we'll do a questionnaire in October regarding what the fans think eh...
  • edited May 2014
  • @razil, it's been posted on here before that such a structure is not permitted - the Academy has to be under separate management.
  • razil said:

Would make sense that the change in status of the head of the academy to manager suggests a director coming in over the top responsible for two sections which include both academy and first team (over first team coach). I think previously the academy was fairly detached from the first team?

So the trust chairman posts a positive spin on hypothetical proceedings and doesn't question the reality of the change. Glad my £5 this year stayed in my pocket. Still it will be ok as we'll do a questionnaire in October regarding what the fans think eh...
    You're a right grumpy sod you.

• edited May 2014
    Hardly positive (at least not intentionally) more an objective guess attempt of what it might mean and according to Weegie incorrect.

Also not sure what you mean about questioning the reality of the change? Once it is clear what and why I think that would be a more appropriate time to analyse the decision, but right now its not all that clear.

So I guess the question is still outstanding why the change in title and
    restructure? Is it highly significant and why? Perhaps we can ask if and when engagement recommences.
  • If Paul Hart is not going to Man City then the only way to put Avory in charge is to redesign the structure else there is a risk of unfair dismissal if one were to make Paul redundant.
    I too have heard good things about Avory and hope they are true as we need the academy to work more than ever.
    There is a reason why out of contract 25 year olds are signing elsewhere. But that simply won't matter in the long run if the Academy continues to deliver four or five first team debuts every season.
    As long as whoever is in charge of player acquisition can secure players on loan good enough to paper over any cracks then we are on the way to the youngest first team squad in the Championship.
    It would be good if Duchatelet, Meire and/or Murray could clarify or at least put a date on when another announcement might be made.
    @Razil it seems some posters on here feel it is fair game to have pop at anyone who tries to read the situation. To me that simply shows the stress caused by the lack of club comms... I'm no expert in the field but how long before this turns to outright anger?
  • I agree about the comms, and particularly difficult when the club is being run in a fairly radical and puzzling way.

I think its fair to say the Trust on its part is doing all it can to encourage and re-establish communication, and for now we feel this seems to be the best course of action, and does appear to be. After all our Surveys say that fans want positive engagement, and I think we need to fully exhaust that approach.