Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Powell Sacked - CONFIRMED

Comments

• One year ago today.

Callum, i hope your not saying we should do the anniversary clap against Blackburn ?

• Here we go again
  • Bring back Curbs....
  • Missing you x
  • We were bottom of the league and were garbage,
    Thank you to Jose for saving us.

We had closure, 2 weeks ago.

This weeks game is the most important focus now.

• 1.30 Parlour games
    2.05 Southfield Theatre
    2.40 Taglietelle
    3.20 Sire de Grugy
  • 1.30 Parlour games
    2.05 Southfield Theatre
    2.40 Taglietelle
    3.20 Sire de Grugy

'Chris Powell tells us what its like to be the only black jockey in the country and should the people at the top be doing more to get ethnic minorities on horses'
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe we could hold some kind of minutes applause in the third minute on saturday as a rememberance of it being a year? just a thought,let me know
  • Greenie said:

One year ago today.

Really? Let it go mate.......
    I only know because I was browsing #cafc on twitter and saw a few people mention it. Keep your hair on!
    That horse bolted years ago.....
  • Id forgotten all about him (:

• So much has happened in a year though, seems longer.
  • I will always remember the date as it's the same date as my birthday! Last year was not the best way to celebrate it.
  • Have to agree with @sadiejane1981 there, feels like it was seasons ago!
  • edited March 2015

So much has happened in a year though, seems longer.

I will always remember the date as it's the same date as my birthday! Last year was not the best way to celebrate it.

Bloody hell. I'm a huge Powell fan but no one died guys.
    Was just saying it seems longer, we've had 3 managers since for starters plus the amount of ups and downs with feelings about Roland rat to saviour to bigger rat to saviour again, plus staffing changes and transfers good and bad the last year has been a roller coaster ride at charlton.

Oh and happy birthday @StubleyAddick
  • We've done this to death I think. On reflection, and reading Powell's interview, they both became entrenched and the outcome was sad but inevitable - and probably necessary, with the benefit of hindsight.

I still think with the right backing he would have been an even bigger success than he was, but if ever there was a time to move on it was Charlton Athletic 3-0 Huddersfield.
  • I will always remember the date as it's the same date as my birthday! Last year was not the best way to celebrate it.

Fishing for happy birthdays are ya? ;-) Many happy returns!
  • Sponsored links:

• Happy birthday StubleyAddick!

When I saw this, I assumed Hudds had got tired of the flak their football was generating. Are we still moping about it on here? We ve gone past Jose, Bob and now have Guy in charge. I liked CP, but really, time to pick your lives up.
  • Jesus thought Huddersfield got rid, maybe title should be changed
  • Jesus didn't think that....you fibber
  • Fumbluff said:

Jesus didn't think that....you fibber

Yes I did :wink:
  • Paulie is our prophet.
  • Powell's been sacked as Charlton Manager...? - Why didnt anyone say anything till now
  • Paulie is our prophet.

Paulie's not the messiah... He's just a naughty little boy
  • Paulie is our prophet.

Paulie's not the messiah... He's just a naughty little boy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGR0OuYH8-Q
  • Some of you are so obsessed its scary.