Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours doing the rounds on FB that Powell has resigned (ignore)

Comments

• If you give a brick layer paper to build a wall with the wall will end up being sh*t...

If you look at resources (player expenditure/finance) in the championship over the last year I would say there are properly 2 clubs with less than us... Yeovil and possibly Blackpool.

are they below us?

cant see a downside to getting a new manager really, we are bottom of the league (we really are, look it up), how can a change make things worse? would we be even worse than today, play worse football than today? I don't care who comes in, I'll do it if you want, I still cant be worse than cp, I would get us to bottom of the league easily, without the whining about lack of resources, spreading crap through my mates on twitter, feeding stories to the press about my contract and lack of support from above etc.
    Believe it or not I have seen the table. But thanks for double checking with me, really patronising of you.

If you like switching managers after a couple of bad games then maybe you should look at Fulham or West Brom? There doing well.

They have played 4 games more than us. That's a total of 12 points up for grabs

How about the board just give the manager the proper support he needs to achieve something in a division which is more competitive than any in English football? Slater sure didn't when he was in charge.

You honesty think switching mangers is the answer to all our problems? Get real.

Successful football clubs are built from a foundation which starts with the people running it.
  • JT said:

Not saying it doesnt. But why no opinions prior to today?just a bit weird.

I have said the same for some time now, as have others, I cant see too many new names here saying it now. which new names are you referring to?
  • I'm fed up with...
    Blinkered fans who keep saying he's had no resources.
    Fans who say 'we love him' he's one of us .
    Watching shite football almost ALL the time.
    Watching us get walked over by a team 1 league below us
    Watching us play as if we had blinkers on.

If he doesnt like it, then effing resign, and get someone in who might be able to do it - it doesnt matter who, because whoever it is cant do any worse than what i've experienced today !
    Listening on the radio tonight they were speaking about Burnley and that Sean Dyche has spent 600k in last 18 months yet has had to sell Austin to balance the books - yet look at them - so, before you start to say it, yes , it can be done.It can be achieved - it needs the right person/team.
    Yes, i love him as much as the next Charlton fan - but give me a break - there has to be a limit to the amount of shite, clueless football that he can serve up .

You are correct that Dyche is an excellent manager, very badly treated at Watford.

However, that 600K figure is a bit misleading because that refers solely to outgoing transfer fees which in the Championship are not that huge of a factor compared to the Premiership.

In the Championship (as we did with Haynes and Fuller) it is more important to have cash available for signing-on fees and player wages to bring in out-of-contract players that other clubs are chasing.

Burnley have been very smart with their PL parachute payments, they did not spunk it on "Carlos Kickaballs" but kept it in-house to steady the ship.
  • Don't get me wrong, I love the bloke and want him to stay.

But the the way some talk about him on here and dismiss other lifers with opposing views, you would have thought he would be snapped up by Man City.
  • Millwall at home, Doncaster away, huge games, result yup we lost both 3tier here we come, no tactically nouse, confusing selections, please assure me I have this all wrong............. Great players do not make great coaches, yes we did get 101 points a season or so ago, me as a schoolboy sprinter could do the the 100 metres in 11 seconds, thereafter I could do similar but In reality I got slower. I am not saying Powell has to go but a mentor is needed as a minimum.

Mention two games there i see how about Leicester at home Brighton at Home QPR at home 9 points
    How about any of the 24 (out of 30) games that we havnt won this season !!
  • If you give a brick layer paper to build a wall with the wall will end up being sh*t...

If you look at resources (player expenditure/finance) in the championship over the last year I would say there are properly 2 clubs with less than us... Yeovil and possibly Blackpool.

are they below us?

cant see a downside to getting a new manager really, we are bottom of the league (we really are, look it up), how can a change make things worse? would we be even worse than today, play worse football than today? I don't care who comes in, I'll do it if you want, I still cant be worse than cp, I would get us to bottom of the league easily, without the whining about lack of resources, spreading crap through my mates on twitter, feeding stories to the press about my contract and lack of support from above etc.
    Believe it or not I have seen the table. But thanks for double checking with me, really patronising of you.

If you like switching managers after a couple of bad games then maybe you should look at Fulham or West Brom? There doing well.

How about the board just give the manager the proper support he needs to achieve something in a division which is more competitive than any in English football? Slater sure didn't when he was in charge.

You honesty think switching mangers is the answer to all our problems? Get real.

Successful football clubs are built from a foundation which starts with the people running it.
    Completely agree with you, but now we have new owners, Powell needed to step up to the plate and work like his very life depended on it, just to stay in the job, he is the manager so the buck stops with him-at the moment this isn't happening, It's a reality of the business now surely, balls out the bath time or do one.
    Or should we all pretend to be girl guides and play pat-a cake. He's such a nice chap.
    Our club is dying goddamn it!
  • edited March 2014
    RedMist said:

If you give a brick layer paper to build a wall with the wall will end up being sh*t...

are they below us?

Completely agree with you, but now we have new owners, Powell needed to step up to the plate and work like his very life depended on it, just to stay in the job, he is the manager so the buck stops with him-at the moment this isn't happening, It's a reality of the business now surely, balls out the bath time or do one.
    Or should we all pretend to be girl guides and play pat-a cake. He's such a nice chap.
    Our club is dying goddamn it!
    I get that he needs to step up. But appreciate the fact that a new owner has taken over the club and within a month sold two of his arguably best players and replaced them with players not custom to this league.

How you vision him working like his life depended on it I don't know, but I will say this he has been f*cked about hugely over recent times and has come through the really hard times (Slater reign).

I think backing him in the transfer market and giving him to the end of the season is the least we can do.

We are crying out for a right midfielder which I hope is something you'd agree that needs addressing ASAP!
  • Maybe My head is in the wrong place right now but it would be good to see him do something totally off the wall in the name of inspiration- he looks like he's standing around too much getting Dicked, yes Chris standing there doing f all until the 80th minute aint working, something like Deliahs drunken ramble- what's he got to lose now, really, In this day and age of soundbites, talk is cheap.
  • My point is yes some better players of course will help, but I still think he can do a lot to help himself- otherwise he'll be buried with those crossed fingers
  • Sponsored links:

• dizzee said:

Don't get me wrong, I love the bloke and want him to stay.

But the the way some talk about him on here and dismiss other lifers with opposing views, you would have thought he would be snapped up by Man City.

Of course, after all, he's full of innovative ideas, aint he ??
  • OMG, alert the schools and nurseries, just in case.
  • Total crap
  • OMG, alert the schools and nurseries, just in case.

Why, is mummy letting you out in the morning Neil ?
  • Millwall at home, Doncaster away, huge games, result yup we lost both 3tier here we come, no tactically nouse, confusing selections, please assure me I have this all wrong............. Great players do not make great coaches, yes we did get 101 points a season or so ago, me as a schoolboy sprinter could do the the 100 metres in 11 seconds, thereafter I could do similar but In reality I got slower. I am not saying Powell has to go but a mentor is needed as a minimum.

Mention two games there i see how about Leicester at home Brighton at Home QPR at home 9 points
    How about any of the 24 (out of 30) games that we havnt won this season !!
    how about the 21/22 clubs out of 24 who spent more than us
  • RedMist said:

mchardaw said:

And so he should, awful I am fed up with watching my 12 year old cry with disappointment. Team selection out of a hat again he has not got a clue. Thanks and goodbye

And where was you when we played well against QPR and Sheffield Wednesday in the space of 2 days
    It's hardly end of the rainbow stuff my old fruit!
    But what I am saying is there was none of these comments after them to wins, Suddenly they all come out again just because we lost
    Lost we never turned up
  • WE LOST 2-0 The football we have been playing is shit get your arse's of the football manager and wake up and smell the coffee.
  • Who are these wide men I hear mentioned? Cousins isn't a wide midfield player and the sooner Powell realises that the better. A place must be found for AA. I'd play him in front of a midfield three with two up front. We clack width but AA would create more than our current wide players do. If not then Wilson must play RM. Give Nego a go or drop Cousins back to RB.
  • Beckboy said:

WE LOST 2-0 The football we have been playing is shit get your arse's of the football manager and wake up and smell the coffee.

oh the irony
  • Beckboy said:

WE LOST 2-0 The football we have been playing is shit get your arse's of the football manager and wake up and smell the coffee.

oh the irony
    We still lost
  • Sponsored links:

• yes we lost big deal i wouldnt wanna be in powells shoes hardly been given the tools to do his job but we will come good
  • cafcadam said:

yes we lost big deal i wouldnt wanna be in powells shoes hardly been given the tools to do his job but we will come good

Big deal to fuck right its a big deal some people spent a weeks wages watching that shit
  • cafcadam said:

yes we lost big deal i wouldnt wanna be in powells shoes hardly been given the tools to do his job but we will come good

When? In 64 years time?
  • edited March 2014
    Beckboy said:

cafcadam said:

Big deal to fuck right its a big deal some people spent a weeks wages watching that shit
    It quite clearly states on the ticket that if your expectations and demands of the game are not fully met, the club will fully reimburse the cost of the ticket,all travelling expenses and refreshments, plus compensation for having your feelings hurt and experiencing a general sense of malaise.

• cafcadam said:

When? In 64 years time?
    65??

could have wrote that better tbh i know what i ment

• Yeah would be brilliant if Powell left and we got in a foreign nobody to throw the club in further disarray. Roland out, Powell in.

Roland out???? Let's bring back Jimenez and no funding what so ever, administration and a spectacular fall to the bottom end of league 1
  • DeeBee said:

"A foreign nobody" how did that go for Liege again?

They were always one of the best teams in their league, nort really comparable is it? All these experts calling for Powell's head yet no-one can suggest a viable improvement.

How about Paul Ince or Michael Appleton?

Or makay, clarke
  • Not sure why the people defending Powell are unable to say he fcuked up today? It is blind devotion. I like Powell player and manager and will praise him when he does well and slate him when he makes mistakes. Will you still be clapping him when we are relegated with Cousins, Wilson, Poyet, Jackson playing out of position and negative tactics and hoof ball...