Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours doing the rounds on FB that Powell has resigned (ignore)

Comments

• Options
    doubt this is true but it would hardly be the end of the world. That team selection/formation out there today was pathetic
  • Options

So Kimbo what excuse can you give for not play in AA and Reza please tell me which players deserved to be picked ahead of these two players forced upon Powelly.

Reza away with Iran on Wednesday not surprised he was on bench and Powell wanted to play 4-4-2 as he needed cover with there full backs being so attacking, Wiggins and Wilson needed help or they would be double teamed, Jackson is Captain and played well lately and cant fault Poyet's performances, so I have no issue with starting line up
  • Options
    Just spoke to Jacko, said he hasn't heard anything and would be devastated if true.
  • Options

So Kimbo what excuse can you give for not play in AA and Reza please tell me which players deserved to be picked ahead of these two players forced upon Powelly.

I would play AA from the start not sure about Reza he has no substance. I am sure many of these new signings were not CPs first choice. I don't think sniping amongst ourselves helps, we are all disappointed/worried for the future
  • Options
    Reba makes runs comes short goes long pulls centre halves out of their comfort zone, Tudgay is shit.
  • Options

Yeah would be brilliant if Powell left and we got in a foreign nobody to throw the club in further disarray. Roland out, Powell in.

Roland out and there would have been no club at all
  • Options
    If he resigns so be it, he should have apologised for that display. He makes selection and tactical errors week in week out, I will support him if he stays but not too fussed if he goes.

Today he and the the team are indefensible IMO.
  • Options

Jesus Christ. People are so naive it's unreal. One or two good results still doesn't hide the fact we play absolutely pathetic football

Thank you !
    I'm afraid we quite obviously have a quite a lot of naive (and blinkered) fans !
  • Options
    People throw around "tactical errors" a lot when criticising powell... can anyone go into specific detail?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "A foreign nobody" how did that go for Liege again?
  • Options

People throw around "tactical errors" a lot when criticising powell... can anyone go into specific detail?

Yes, we were shite, and created feck all. ! - is that sufficient ?
  • Options

What would any other manager do, we have no wingers who can create a chance from nothing
  • Options
    Doubt there's any substance, probably sparked by the Ansah tweet.

As much as some people dislike Powell, any managerial change right now would be suicidal for our survival hopes. Instability will not solve anything.
  • Options

sounds very tactical and nitty gritty. I forget it's the manager who runs onto the pitch and performs (!)
  • Options

Cousins at RM
    4-4-2 Today
    Playing hoof ball to two small strikers
    Taking Church off when he should have took Cousins off who was having a nightmare
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Cousins at RM
    4-4-2 Today
    Taking Church off when he should have took Cousins off who was having a nightmare
    Had to go 4-4-2 today needed the wide men to help Wiggins and Wilson as both Sheff Utd full backs are very attacking and would of left them 2 on 1
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

Roland only appears to invested after marches and much vociferous protest from the Liege supporters. Before that it was not other alternative and much the same that Charlton supporters are getting now.
  • Options

cs1986 said:

Cousins at RM
    4-4-2 Today
    Had to go 4-4-2 today needed the wide men to help Wiggins and Wilson as both Sheff Utd full backs are very attacking and would of left them 2 on 1
    Also, with the fixture list piling up he had to go for the win... 442 would give us more firepower.

Tell a bunch of footballers to play the ball on the floor against better players and they'll move to "hoofball". Didn't really think we were playing hoofball today, our short passes were absolutely shocking though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He can't have resigned. If he had it would be in the media by now. IF there is anything in the tweet then it has not yet officially happened.
  • Options

If we won today would all this crap started to come out the wood work? No! The manager has had F*CK all resources in the last two seasons and we are in the championship. We have 4 games in hand over most clubs.

Yeh we lost and it was utter crap but seriously after every bad result we seem to get a certain group of people calling for his head...

Some people need to get a grip.

Powell still has my 100% support as he did yesterday, last month and 6 months ago.

Exactly the point I keep trying to make
  • Options
    If we would have won today the same fickle fans would be praising powell for his "Direct" approach and the fact he got to a semi final on fuck all resources.
  • Options
    if we had won a few more times none of this crap would have happened. are we the least resourced team in the division? No, are we bottom of the league, Yes. feckin statistics eh.

I can understand why we might not be top of the league, but to think we are the only team that is struggling for resources is a bit odd.

still, at least we are playing good football.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    DeeBee said:

They were always one of the best teams in their league, nort really comparable is it? All these experts calling for Powell's head yet no-one can suggest a viable improvement.

How about Paul Ince or Michael Appleton?

• Options
    If he thinks Simon Church is our best striker, I'm not boverred.
  • Options

cs1986 said:

Cousins at RM
    4-4-2 Today
    our short passes were absolutely shocking though.
    Spot on. Lost count of the amount of times we tried a simple pass and was either too heavy or too weak and intercepted. Am sure we gave the ball away in the lead up to their second.

• Options
    But. We. Didn't. Win. We. Lost. Again. How Is Powell doing a good job? This season has been one big crap result.
    But carry on with your human centipede with Powell at the front and everyone else behind swallowing his shit.
  • Options
    RedMist said:

But. We. Didn't. Win. We. Lost. Again. How Is Powell doing a good job? This season has been one big crap result.
    But carry on with your human centipede with Powell at the front and everyone else behind swallowing his shit.

no we didn't win, and tomorrow is another day. You might be disappointed about being defeated, in an FA Cup Quarter Final, but on wednesday there's an important league match, so lets concentrate on that rather than being pissed off we got knocked out of a cup... in the quarter final