Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours doing the rounds on FB that Powell has resigned (ignore)

Comments

• Options

Yeah would be brilliant if Powell left and we got in a foreign nobody to throw the club in further disarray. Roland out, Powell in.

And that is what follows I fear. This is only the start of the 'fun'. Do not ask me who as I do not know, but I am certain that somebody from overseas will come in without any experience of our league.
  • Options

Yeah would be brilliant if Powell left and we got in a foreign nobody to throw the club in further disarray. Roland out, Powell in.

And that is what follows I fear. This is only the start of the 'fun'. Do not ask me who as I do not know, but I am certain that somebody from overseas will come in without any experience of our league.
    Some on here would absolutely love that, until he loses a couple of games.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I'm fed up with...
    Blinkered fans who keep saying he's had no resources.
    Fans who say 'we love him' he's one of us .
    Watching shite football almost ALL the time.
    Watching us get walked over by a team 1 league below us
    Watching us play as if we had blinkers on.

If he doesnt like it, then effing resign, and get someone in who might be able to do it - it doesnt matter who, because whoever it is cant do any worse than what i've experienced today !
    Listening on the radio tonight they were speaking about Burnley and that Sean Dyche has spent 600k in last 18 months yet has had to sell Austin to balance the books - yet look at them - so, before you start to say it, yes , it can be done.It can be achieved - it needs the right person/team.
    Yes, i love him as much as the next Charlton fan - but give me a break - there has to be a limit to the amount of shite, clueless football that he can serve up .
  • Options
    If you give a brick layer paper to build a wall with the wall will end up being sh*t...

If you look at resources (player expenditure/finance) in the championship over the last year I would say there are properly 2 clubs with less than us... Yeovil and possibly Blackpool.

• Options

I'm fed up with...
    Blinkered fans who keep saying he's had no resources.
    Fans who say 'we love him' he's one of us .
    Watching shite football almost ALL the time.
    Watching us get walked over by a team 1 league below us
    Watching us play as if we had blinkers on.

If he doesnt like it, then effing resign, and get someone in who might be able to do it - it doesnt matter who, because whoever it is cant do any worse than what i've experienced today !
    Listening on the radio tonight they were speaking about Burnley and that Sean Dyche has spent 600k in last 18 months yet has had to sell Austin to balance the books - yet look at them - so, before you start to say it, yes , it can be done.It can be achieved - it needs the right person/team.
    Yes, i love him as much as the next Charlton fan - but give me a break - there has to be a limit to the amount of shite, clueless football that he can serve up .

I think you have a point there Mr President!
  • Options
    Powell can't make our players beat players and score goals during the match, we smashed League One with 101pts when Powell had a bunch of lads he liked, this season half of these players are out of their depth and we have to play youth. My reckoning is Powell will walk/poked out the door and Roland will be recruiting a 'coach' and some other guy to recruit and keep an eye on it all. Powell will go somewhere else and shine, and we'll be feeling sick.
  • Options
    I do feel as though Powell could well be an inevitable casualty from this whoo harr. I believe, given the rescources, Parkinson would've done what Powell did and got promoted. If, given the rescources, I think Powell would mount a seriously good championship side outfit after having no resources, but, alas, that might be for the next manager...
  • Options
    To address a point made earlier about finding excuses for not playing AA42 - he does tire and I thought Powelly actually brought him on at about the right time. It just happens to be that he came on and two goals went in. (incidently i thought he did alright when he came on).

Oh and Kentaddick, I do also believe Parkinson would have been a success with resources.
  • Options
    AA42 was not fit enough to play the full 90...
  • Options

Some on here would absolutely love that, until he loses a couple of games.

We all know that is likely to happen, however, how can it be any worse than what we have had to expericne this season, with today being the tip of the iceberg.
    This was the crappiest of all the crap performances (maybe along with Doncaster, so, doesnt that maybe tell you something?) - and it was probably one of the most important games (along with Doncaster) - if the manager cant raise the players for a game like today then , to me, there is something seriously wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "We didn't deserve to win, but we started with none of the January signings on the pitch, so inevitably a weaker team than we had before we sold Kermorgant and Stephens. That is the board's doing. No good banging on about it, they're gone, but Powell isn't responsible for it either. "
  • Options
    Having given my pea sized a thought for five minutes, how about Karl Robinson from MK Dons as the next manager?
  • Options

mchardaw said:

9And so he should, awful I am fed up with watching my 12 year old cry with disappointment. Team selection out of a hat again he has not got a clue. Thanks and goodbye

And where was you when we played well against QPR and Sheffield Wednesday in the space of 2 days
    And we played well against both........behave ffs

• Options

RedMist said:

But. We. Didn't. Win. We. Lost. Again. How Is Powell doing a good job? This season has been one big crap result.
    But carry on with your human centipede with Powell at the front and everyone else behind swallowing his shit.

no we didn't win, and tomorrow is another day. You might be disappointed about being defeated, in an FA Cup Quarter Final, but on wednesday there's an important league match, so lets concentrate on that rather than being pissed off we got knocked out of a cup... in the quarter final
    Yes I'm disappointed we lost, How many more times until we say enough! can we even do that!
    Surely we have to be willing to try something new, even just for the sake of the club?
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited March 2014
    I think you're just generally a misery though mate @scabbyhorse‌
  • Options

Having given my pea sized a thought for five minutes, how about Karl Robinson from MK Dons as the next manager?

No thanks. He's been underachieving there for years.
  • Options

Went with an MK Dons supporter today who follows them home and away, and he doesn't like Robinson. He disguises a lot of very poor performances with an odd result. Not sure we can accept a manager struggling in League One as manager.... plus in reality our next 'manager' will be a coach, not a manager.

• Options

If you give a brick layer paper to build a wall with the wall will end up being sh*t...

If you look at resources (player expenditure/finance) in the championship over the last year I would say there are properly 2 clubs with less than us... Yeovil and possibly Blackpool.

are they below us?

cant see a downside to getting a new manager really, we are bottom of the league (we really are, look it up), how can a change make things worse? would we be even worse than today, play worse football than today? I don't care who comes in, I'll do it if you want, I still cant be worse than cp, I would get us to bottom of the league easily, without the whining about lack of resources, spreading crap through my mates on twitter, feeding stories to the press about my contract and lack of support from above etc.
  • Options
    Millwall at home, Doncaster away, huge games, result yup we lost both 3tier here we come, no tactically nouse, confusing selections, please assure me I have this all wrong............. Great players do not make great coaches, yes we did get 101 points a season or so ago, me as a schoolboy sprinter could do the the 100 metres in 11 seconds, thereafter I could do similar but In reality I got slower. I am not saying Powell has to go but a mentor is needed as a minimum.
  • Options

"We didn't deserve to win, but we started with none of the January signings on the pitch, so inevitably a weaker team than we had before we sold Kermorgant and Stephens. That is the board's doing. No good banging on about it, they're gone, but Powell isn't responsible for it either. "

But with AA and Reza probably offering more than 'Powell' players, is he just sticking them on the bench out of spite because they aren't his?

After all the games this season, there is no reason why Church should still be playing. He's league one at best. No quality runs and cannot shoot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lot of new usernames tonight
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Sadly , i think it won't be long before we get so see how much better off we are without Powell.

Everything at the moment leads me to conclude that he is going to walk and i can't really blame him when he does because the new owner seems to be undermining him .

I just think it will be a very sad day when he does go .
  • Options

Millwall at home, Doncaster away, huge games, result yup we lost both 3tier here we come, no tactically nouse, confusing selections, please assure me I have this all wrong............. Great players do not make great coaches, yes we did get 101 points a season or so ago, me as a schoolboy sprinter could do the the 100 metres in 11 seconds, thereafter I could do similar but In reality I got slower. I am not saying Powell has to go but a mentor is needed as a minimum.

Mention two games there i see how about Leicester at home Brighton at Home QPR at home 9 points
  • Options
    why
    JT said:

lots of old ones too, what is your point exactly? do you think we played well today? do you think we deserve to stay up? do we play good football? do you think your bruv will ever get a chance ahead of Church with his sponge foot?

• Options
    JT said:

Gives them as much of an opinion as others - its not an inclusive club (although i sometimes wonder).
  • Options
    edited March 2014

are they below us?

cant see a downside to getting a new manager really, we are bottom of the league (we really are, look it up), how can a change make things worse? would we be even worse than today, play worse football than today? I don't care who comes in, I'll do it if you want, I still cant be worse than cp, I would get us to bottom of the league easily, without the whining about lack of resources, spreading crap through my mates on twitter, feeding stories to the press about my contract and lack of support from above etc.
    Not heard him whine at all, actually. Maybe point out the situation but 'whine?' Nope.
    What crap has he got his mate to tweet? Sounds like quite an accusation.

Whatever you think if his management ability, he has always come across as a moral and dignified man.
    And there may be the clue. Most if not all of the great managers over time have been complete c£$^s...

;0)
  • Options
    are we all playing pick the game to back up my point?

we've been dire this year. that is for sure. am defo buying a £150 ST now as don't want to be paying £300 again for this crap
  • Options
    Not saying it doesnt. But why no opinions prior to today?just a bit weird.
  • Options

Mention two games there i see how about Leicester at home Brighton at Home QPR at home 9 points
    every club has a few good wins. We are bottom of the league, we have significantly more shocking performances than we do half decent.