Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Quarter Final | 5,298 Allocation | Sunday 9th March 2014 (10 year bump)

Comments

• Options
    £22. Extremely reasonable
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Do people think these will make general sale ?

Easy, we'll only bring 500 total
  • Options
    Is it not cheaper for the Bromley stop
  • Options
    Just text brother 4.45am pick up from Bexhill , he wasn't impressed. It's mad but we will be there to support the boys COYR
  • Options

shine166 said:

Yes.

sweet.. I really do need to join Valley Gold
  • Options
    It's the kind of event that most would be willing to pay what it takes to get there, but it does seem a bit of a shame that subsidised travel by the club hasnt been laid on. Decent opportunity for Rolando to win a few brownie points. It may have been considered for all I know, but shaving a few quid off the £22 would have been a much appreciated gesture.
  • Options
    Everyone that wants a ticket will get one

I reckon 4k
  • Options
    Seriously considering travelling up to Kent on the Saturday, seeing family and then jumping on a coach Sunday morning, £42 including ticket compared to the much higher train and hotel costs of my other plan.

Only worry is what time the coach would be dropping us back, as i need to be on the last ferry to the Isle of Wight the same night.

Anybody have an idea what sort of the time the Maidstone or Canterbury coaches would be aiming to arrive back Sunday evening?
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Yes I'm confident they will.
  • Options
    We will sell out I'm sure
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014

Seriously considering travelling up to Kent on the Saturday, seeing family and then jumping on a coach Sunday morning, £42 including ticket compared to the much higher train and hotel costs of my other plan.

Only worry is what time the coach would be dropping us back, as i need to be on the last ferry to the Isle of Wight the same night.

Anybody have an idea what sort of the time the Maidstone or Canterbury coaches would be aiming to arrive back Sunday evening?

Whatever time the coach leaves in the morning (on the way) before 12PM, I'd leave that amount for the way back to be honest, so 6AM leave = 6 hours. Won't be that long but best to prepare for the worst traffic wise, would say around 7PM maybe 8PM back?

• Options
    edited February 2014
    cafctom said:

Think leaving at 7AM from Charlton is cutting it very fine, considering the coach will have to stop on the way.

Yes but with 2 drivers it doesn't need to be the customery 45 minutes plus. 20 minutes is plenty for a P and a snack, trouble is people take liberties. Megabus on Monday stopped at services so the driver could have a 'comfort break' and told the passengers they could go to the shop but no queuing for meals and he was leaving in 10 minutes dead.......... And reminded people there was no public transport out of the services! Guess what, no one was late back on the coach :-0
  • Options
    shine166 said:

bloody hope so will be keeping everything crossed till Monday and I have tickets

• Options
    The 4 tickets thing I'm not so sure about..
  • Options

Is that not standard for big games ? was the same for fulham
  • Options

It's the kind of event that most would be willing to pay what it takes to get there, but it does seem a bit of a shame that subsidised travel by the club hasnt been laid on. Decent opportunity for Rolando to win a few brownie points. It may have been considered for all I know, but shaving a few quid off the £22 would have been a much appreciated gesture.

When you run a lot of coaches you don't have to allow for any empty seats because most if not all will be full - at that price the club should be making about £250-£300 a coach profit, I'd guess, although DJ coaches won't have enough vehicles, so they may have to pay more to hire some in.
  • Options
    Agree that 4 tickets per season ticket holder is too much. Personally I would have restricted it to max 2 at least to start with. If the tickets don't sell well it could then be increased.
  • Options
    if we can get 7k to Blackburn for a League game then I am sure most of those will want to come and factoring in the likely ticket for the Semi as a carrot we will defo sell out the full 5.2k
  • Options

8 of us going, all season ticket holders but only two VIPs so it makes sense to me.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    4k max, which would still be fantastic. Just can not see us selling out with the kick off time and it being on tv.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be taking four, 3 of which are season ticket holders and the forth to that Ebbsfleet glory hunter @buckshee
  • Options
    Rothko said:

I'll be taking four, 3 of which are season ticket holders and the forth to that Ebbsfleet glory hunter @buckshee

My first away for two seasons. I only go to the big ones in all honesty.
  • Options
    Still think straight on general sale would had been fine in this instance but hey ho.
    Do you think they will sell the lower tier first? Don't want to be stuck upstairs.
  • Options
    It's really hard to judge the demand for these things and you have to make your decisions up front. The difficulty with restrictions is that you potentially stop your most committed fans buying seats with their mates who don't qualify, which are extra sales you may need to sell out. But if you don't have restrictions and the demand is more than you think, the committed fans may miss out themselves.

In order to sell 5,400 tickets with no trains then I'd guess you would be looking at 2,500-3,000 people travelling by coach. I don't think you'll get that at £22, but I could be completely wrong.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    buckshee said:

Rothko said:

My first away for two seasons. I only go to the big ones in all honesty.
    I'd make him go on the bandwagon @Rothko :0)
  • Options
    Oddly I want to be upstairs
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Oddly I want to be upstairs

That is odd ;-)
    I want to stand - more chance in the lower imo. Anything like that day in 2012 (?) will be great. Superb atmosphere from us that day.
  • Options

Still think straight on general sale would had been fine in this instance but hey ho.
    Do you think they will sell the lower tier first? Don't want to be stuck upstairs.

Totally agree should of gone on general sale, hopefully be some left come Monday
  • Options
    philcafc said:

Agree that 4 tickets per season ticket holder is too much. Personally I would have restricted it to max 2 at least to start with. If the tickets don't sell well it could then be increased.

Agree, but someone told me that when the Man Utd tickets (qf 1994) went on sale the were lads at the front buying up 10-20 tickets per person, knew a few lads who couldn't get a ticket as they thought we would struggle to sell the full allocation of 10,000.....I'm sure Airman Brown would know.