Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Quarter Final | 5,298 Allocation | Sunday 9th March 2014 (10 year bump)

Comments

• Options
    Saturday night in Sheffield then. Can't wait!
  • Options
    Having just booked trains and an overnight stay, expect the club to announce discounted special trains within the hour.
  • Options

Agree with the Blade about coming off the M1 at the Chesterfield turn off. Don't know about Sunday parking near the ground but on the basis that the rest of the post is reasonable, I would be inclined to believe him.

Kelham Island pubs and a fair few city pubs won't open pre kick off. Someone mentioned the Royal Standard, not sure how welcoming this will be to away fans, it's certainly a United pub. Bankers Draft opens at 7am.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Quote: Can you now arrange for some Vegetarian pies to be available in the away end...and I'm not talking vile Cheese and Onion Pasties.

Lucky you dont suffer from coeliacs disease. There will be bugger all which is gluten free!

• Options
    Need to time my purchase carefully as would prefer UT. Coach travel for £10 most likely subsidisation policy I reckon.
  • Options
    Some on here going on as if we have been given a 9AM kick off in some desolate part of the world.

No trains, too early, blah blah blah.... real fans will get there, they always do.
  • Options

Having just booked trains and an overnight stay, expect the club to announce discounted special trains within the hour.

I booked it all last night, waiting for it to happen too. I reckon they will announce free trains around 2 pm
  • Options

No big deal, just have to get your hairy backsides out of bed early, its the quarter final of the cup, not something we achieve on a regular basis, just think you could be there bright eyed and bushy tailed, experience us winning and getting to Wembley, back at a sensible time to gloat in front of the Millwall at your local watering hole. if you are foot lose and fancy free go up for the weekend, and experience those lovely northern ladies, alternatively take the family for a weekend away,send the missus shopping and take the kids to the game.

Enjoy the moment, stop moaning, and cheers the boys on.

Great post.

Let people moan though on here so there is no negativity in Sheffield, though.

If we win it won't bleeding matter what time the kick off is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As others have mentioned already the days of the FA, Premier League and Football League thinking of away fans is long gone. No trains into Sheffield from London before kick off. It just makes be want to be at Bramall Lane, no more and no less. I will have to drive now (Like many others) but that would be no different to others who were up at Hillsborough on Monday evening. An opportunity to see Charlton to reach a FA Cup semi final for the first time in 67 years? Looking forward to it. Though all this has reminded of a discussion between two fans over fifteen years ago

November 1998, Elland Road, Leeds. As a well known Charlton fan and author, once said to a well known Charlton fan and news reporter.

“SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!”
  • Options
    There is a thread pinned at the top of the forum aimed at helping others travel. If you have any car spares / looking to share / minibus or coach places, please lets do what we can to help our fellow fans
  • Options

That happened to me regarding the Middlesbro cup game.

• Options
    Hotel booked. Come on you reds!
  • Options
    Train booked, up to Leeds on the Saturday, Sheffield on the Sunday, hoping for a big turn out
  • Options
    How about Roland uses some of the 200 odd grand TV money we are apparently getting for this to subsidise coaches/trains to the game for fans. Improving the fans match day experience and all that!
  • Options
    It's done now, we just need to get on with it :). It's not ideal, but for the average fan it can't be more than 2-3 hours travelling time ?
  • Options
    As has been said already, it is what it is. The timing obviously isn't ideal for many but there is nothing we can do about it now. I am more concerned about the possible flat atmosphere you often get at early kick-off games rather than any potential problems of getting there although you could argue that might be to our advantage. Our job now is to get there in numbers, get behind the team, and do what we can to help the team into the semi-finals. COYR!
  • Options
    Jarman said:

Some on here going on as if we have been given a 9AM kick off in some desolate part of the world.

No trains, too early, blah blah blah.... real fans will get there, they always do.

Have you been to Sheffield before?
  • Options
    Not ideal but not the end of the world. I would be disappointed if we don't sell out for this one. Having said that, I know many season ticket holders and none are going.

I am driving up from Devon. I might stay in Nottingham the night before and then straight back home that evening. I was going to drive up to London and join one of the coaches if it was the Saturday but I can't do that and work on Monday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry don't know if posted elsewhere but when are the tickets going on sale
  • Options
    No one know's yet mate.

Just booked the travelodge in the city centre. Anyone else staying there? Also, anyone got any recommendations on places to go on the Saturday night?
  • Options

United's site has this:

Ticket prices are as follows in all home areas of the stadium:
    Adults £20
    Adult Season Ticket Holders £15
    Concessions £15
    Juniors U16 £5

So i'd assume tickets will be £20 for us.

They'd only be allowed to charge us different prices with Charlton's agreement or if Charlton themselves put a surcharge on tickets - neither of which are likely, IMO.
  • Options
    the KO time is an absolute joke for London/SE (obviously the vast majority) based fans
  • Options
    do you think we will get any further news on prices, coaches etc before Sunday week?
  • Options

PL54 said:

Wouldn't the train company realise they can fill a train or 2 and make some money?

You dont know these train companies. It will be too much trouble to get crews to work the trains.
    The problem, if there is one, is more likely to be securing Network Rail's co-operation.
  • Options

How about Roland uses some of the 200 odd grand TV money we are apparently getting for this to subsidise coaches/trains to the game for fans. Improving the fans match day experience and all that!

He's probably put that 200k aside to sort the pitch out
  • Options
    Cheers Rev
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Sorry don't know if posted elsewhere but when are the tickets going on sale

Think you can assume tickets will be on sale tomorrow, as they have already said they are opening until 8pm.
  • Options

do you think we will get any further news on prices, coaches etc before Sunday week?

9am this morning dear large and Co we are currently working on the travel arrangements for sheff utd we are hoping to have these arrangements in place by tomorrow morning you have a nice day love cafc