Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Quarter Final | 5,298 Allocation | Sunday 9th March 2014 (10 year bump)

Comments

• Options
    sounds like tomorrow with restrictions in place.
  • Options
    Good luck to those going, waited a lifetime to see us progress in the cup, (but not too well at present so cannot make it).
    Outrageous, that not more consideration is given to the fan's in regard to travel arrangement's.
  • Options
    Driving up on the day - car of 4 - will leave at 7am and hopefully arrive around 10am. Anyone got their eye on a decent pub yet?
  • Options
    With all the talk about how to get up to Sheffield, and where to stay, it'll be interesting how big the demand for ticket actually will be. It will be a sod if you make these arrangements, then find all the tickets are sold or that you can't get as many as you want...
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Need to time my purchase carefully as would prefer UT. Coach travel for £10 most likely subsidisation policy I reckon.

Strong business case for that.

On ticket prices, the rules say: "The away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home Club’s spectators if mutually agreed by both Clubs."
  • Options
    Fingers crossed the time means I have more chances of getting a ticket, be nice to know soon though so I can sort all my travel from Devon
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The tickets do not arrive at the Valley until Am to-morrow according to the OS.
  • Options
    No leave........unpaid it is!!!

COYR!!!!
  • Options
    Anybody know the ins and outs re insurance if you share the driving?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Your own insurance policy must state that you can driver another persons vehicle WITH their permission.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Yes - Dont have an accident.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Most fully com policies cover the person on any car that has insurance at 3rd party level.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

need to make sure you have fully comp cover to drive any car
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Got it, fully comp, no accidents, and drivers agree.
  • Options

the KO time is an absolute joke for London/SE (obviously the vast majority) based fans

Whats the big problem? Its 3 hours drive from Dartford to Sheffield. One would assume that most people either have a car or have access to a car.
    really cant see what the issue is (and i've gotta come from a further 2 hours south)
  • Options
    edited February 2014

the KO time is an absolute joke for London/SE (obviously the vast majority) based fans

Whats the big problem? Its 3 hours drive from Dartford to Sheffield. One would assume that most people either have a car or have access to a car.
    really cant see what the issue is (and i've gotta come from a further 2 hours south)
    We didn't leave Dartford until 4pm on Monday and were parked up at 7.25pm. There are quite a lot of roadworks on the M1 with lane restrictions, but given it's Sunday morning they shouldn't be too bad. Of course, not everyone starts from SE London. If i was driving from Ramsgate I'd leave at 6am.
  • Options
    It's a vicious circle and we cannot really moan.

Fans want to see the best players - the best players demand the highest salaries - these salaries can only be paid if TV companies stump up - TV companies need to maximise revenues by showing as many matches as possible.
  • Options

Then one would assume horrendously wrong.
  • Options

How do you think the majority of away travellers get to northern games?
  • Options
    Lets all stop complaining now about the kick off time. We all appreciate its not ideal, but its really not the end of the world.

Everyone who wants to get up there will do. There are plenty of options. Train the day before, bus on the sunday (or the Saturday), driving etc etc. Lets stop moaning and get as many of us up there as possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014

Lets all stop complaining now about the kick off time. We all appreciate its not ideal, but its really not the end of the world.

Everyone who wants to get up there will do. There are plenty of options. Train the day before, bus on the sunday (or the Saturday), driving etc etc. Lets stop moaning and get as many of us up there as possible.

Agreed. As someone else said, its only a Charlton fan who would moan about having to get to a FA Cup Quarter Final, and if you're a real fan, you will find a way to get there.
    JustFDoIt and StopFMoaning methods !.
  • Options
    Be able to dive straight through London early sunday morning as well, cut out the M25
  • Options

We didn't leave Dartford until 4pm on Monday and were parked up at 7.25pm. There are quite a lot of roadworks on the M1 with lane restrictions, but given it's Sunday morning they shouldn't be too bad. Of course, not everyone starts from SE London. If i was driving from Ramsgate I'd leave at 6am.
    Strange, checked out Google Maps and from Welling it is advising I take the M25, M11, A1/M1. Perhaps due to the lane restrictions? I suspect at 7am on a Sunday it won;t matter a great deal.

Just need to find a decent pub for breakfast and a few pre-match drinks. Off booze but think I may have to make an exception for this one !!!
  • Options
    listen we love a moan up don't we jesus Christ, its done lets build a siege mentality and let the fa know no matter what they do, cafc fans will turn up in numbers make loads of noise regardless
  • Options

listen we love a moan up don't we jesus Christ, its done lets build a siege mentality and let the fa know no matter what they do, cafc fans will turn up in numbers make loads of noise regardless

new born babies and cruft's permitting ;-)

• Options
    In the car by 7.30, be in Sheffield by 11 at worst I reckon, couple of massive car parks in the city centre to park in, and home by 5 I reckon.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    jamescafc said:

Strange, checked out Google Maps and from Welling it is advising I take the M25, M11, A1/M1. Perhaps due to the lane restrictions? I suspect at 7am on a Sunday it won;t matter a great deal.

Just need to find a decent pub for breakfast and a few pre-match drinks. Off booze but think I may have to make an exception for this one !!!
    That's the way we took last time, without the M25 bit, took about 3 and half hours.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    MSE7 said:

Yeah a mini break in Sheffield. Sexy. You do no how to treat a lady don't you Arthur.....

Home of " The Full Monty " !!! Say no more.....

seth plum said:

Yes - Dont have an accident.

And avoid traffic cones tipped over on the" one lane only " bits of the M25 !

We had an altercation with one on Monday night/Tueday morning & it b*ggered a fog light on our limo !

• Options
    edited February 2014

Be able to dive straight through London early sunday morning as well, cut out the M25

Yep -do this. Blackwall Tunnel - A12 - North Circular - M1.

Tons of roadworks on top of M25 at the moment. 50mph and tons of speed cameras even if there is no traffic.

(It's a proper Charlton thread now.)
  • Options
    Question to anybody who has got the coach from the Canterbury area to Sheffield before, what sort of time would you expect to be dropped back home?

I have not been on a coach for years, so no idea how long the journey will take, thanks.