Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Line of duty

Comments

• Options
    Excellent last episode. I felt like applausing.
  • Options
    A good read about how the four series are linked. I'd forgotten some of it.

*Spoiler alert* (obviously..)

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-04-30/from-tony-gates-to-roz-huntley-how-are-all-four-series-of-line-of-duty-linked-together
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    That last episode was so daft. Hastings casually finding a head shot through glass to take out balaclava man. And it was obvious the lawyer was involved.
    The first series was great. The rest enjoyable but silly.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I watched most of it. Found the characters wholly unlikeable and unbelievable from the start. All of them. Didn't think the acting was that great either.

The story line was so ridiculously far fetched and there were so many holes in the plot , but at least it didn't end as totally underwhelmingly as I was beginning to think it might.

Hadn't watched any of the other series so maybe I just don't "get it". But to me it wasn't totally rubbish but I just don't see what the fuss is about.
  • Options
    Last episode was so far fetched it spoilt it a little for me. Still a great series. Adrian Dunbar who plays Supt Hastings is the best thing about the show.
  • Options

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-04-30/from-tony-gates-to-roz-huntley-how-are-all-four-series-of-line-of-duty-linked-together

I missed it all before so actually watched all 4 series in the past few weeks.

While everyone started series 4 I went back to series 1.
    Was told to just watch series 4 as it's a different story every time and it wouldn't matter I hadn't seen the rest. So glad I went back. Incredible how many references they make to past characters and storylines.

Gotta wait a whole year now for series 5!!
  • Options

I love silly typos. There's a goodie in that article: "With the vice tightening – and AC-12 on his tale" Or tail maybe?
  • Options
    Seems that none of them realised the pregnant AC12 lady was in on it and we never got to see why she was.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Seems that none of them realised the pregnant AC12 lady was in on it and we never got to see why she was.

Series Five...
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Why wasn't dot cotton on the wall at the end with Lenny james and Lindsey Denton?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why wasn't dot cotton on the wall at the end with Lenny james and Lindsey Denton?

Because she's in a different programme.
  • Options
    So is Hastings dodgy or playing a longer game due to not being able to trust anyone? Dismissing the premis that Hilton might have been murdered when he couldn't have pulled the trigger unless he used his foot is rather suspicious.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

So is Hastings dodgy or playing a longer game due to not being able to trust anyone? Dismissing the premis that Hilton might have been murdered when he couldn't have pulled the trigger unless he used his foot is rather suspicious.

This was gonna be one of my criticisms of last nights episode, that a gun with a particularly long barrel had been used in such a way, but maybe there's more to it

Still don't explain why the sweaty in the wheelchair is trying so desperately to hide his Scotch accent (badly) though, we shall have to wait and see
  • Options
    Brilliant link to the previous series - I have watched all 4 but had forgotten most of series 1 & now realise is was Hunter that was killed in the ambush that started series 2.

Only thing that spoiled is for me was that Arnott survived that fall - they should either have killed him off or not throw him over a balcony & fall 4 flights of stairs -0 just beat him up with the baseball bat & leave him with a broken bones. You may be able to survive a fall from that hieight but not be able to return to work in a matter of days.
  • Options
    large pinch of salt taken .. I enjoyed a clever and complicated last episode ... and look forward to the next series
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    cfgs said:

Maybe links to the Troubles and the IRA, definite links to the Masons. He did promote Dot as well. It might be why he appears irreproachable.

I think former paramilitaries would make a convincing organisation that has everyone scared and are experts in infiltration.

Personally I think he is worried about Kate finding out some other dodger secret about his past. There were too many telegraphed looks between the two.
  • Options
    It's far fetched but brilliantly put together. Should be a lot more shows like this and no one would complain about the licence fee.
  • Options
    I watched the first two series on Netflix last week and was gobsmacked at how the story has continued from there. It's brilliant TV.
  • Options
    Series 5 won't be broadcast until Spring 2019.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm still confused as to who balaclava man is!
  • Options

Rent a yob.
  • Options

Rent a yob.
    There's multiple balaclava men, the solicitor was one of them
  • Options
    They have had different slants in each series, but for me the best series was series two where every character had to deal with moral compromises. It was difficult to say this is a goodie, this is a baddie...even Hastings had problems regarding his marriage.
    In this last series, the central AC12 trio are clearly the 'goodies', with the slight hint that Hastings 'this is going to be my life's work (?)' may not be everything he seems.
    One good part in this last series was making me sympathise with the officer who had his computer hacked for the 'dying declaration' (hmmn),
    and then it turns out he is dodgy. In the round up at the end did they say what happened to him?
  • Options
    No but presumably we won't be seeing him again - what with the whole ''pulling a gun on fellow officer'' thing. Not entirely sure on whether he was actually dodgy or just being played for a fool but in either case he's gone.
  • Options
    Think next episode may start with Roz Huntley being released from prison, and she joins AC12.
  • Options

Brilliant link to the previous series - I have watched all 4 but had forgotten most of series 1 & now realise is was Hunter that was killed in the ambush that started series 2.

Only thing that spoiled is for me was that Arnott survived that fall - they should either have killed him off or not throw him over a balcony & fall 4 flights of stairs -0 just beat him up with the baseball bat & leave him with a broken bones. You may be able to survive a fall from that hieight but not be able to return to work in a matter of days.

If you watched it on catch-up on iPlayer, it was even worse as it was only a matter of minutes.
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Think next episode may start with Roz Huntley being released from prison, and she joins AC12.

That would mean we'd have a pretty long wait. (And would AC12 employ a bent cop killer?)
  • Options
    Carter said:

Rent a yob.
    There's multiple balaclava men, the solicitor was one of them
    sort of yeah. Not sure he ever actually wore the balaclava. Little far fetched absolutely, but still loads of twists and turns upto the last minute, even has us doubting Hastings now.

I see the writer reckons 2019 for next series to air, and wants "several more series". As much as I have enjoyed all 4 seasons, I think 1 more to tie everything up could be best, don't want it fizzling out.
  • Options
    Started watching season 1 on Netflix last night as missed the first 2 seasons. Even with knowing how certain characters will pan out it's still quality viewing