Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Line of duty

Comments

• There is no way after being smashed around the head with a baseball bat and flung down a couple of flights of stairs that someone would be back at work (in a chair) within months, never mind days. Also after an amputation the same.
    Its just badly written, it almost as if the writer just hoped that we would all ignore the above, and as for giving away your password, when you work for AC12, and not saying, 'well actually I gave it to a colleague' while being bollocked, do me a favour.
    Surely during the script review and production someone would have said, this is just totally implausible?
    Its just total dog shit.
  • Greenie said:

There is no way after being smashed around the head with a baseball bat and flung down a couple of flights of stairs that someone would be back at work (in a chair) within months, never mind days. Also after an amputation the same.
    Its just badly written, it almost as if the writer just hoped that we would all ignore the above, and as for giving away your password, when you work for AC12, and not saying, 'well actually I gave it to a colleague' while being bollocked, do me a favour.
    Surely during the script review and production someone would have said, this is just totally implausible?
    Its just total dog shit.

Santa isn't real either.
  • Valley11 said:

Greenie said:

There is no way after being smashed around the head with a baseball bat and flung down a couple of flights of stairs that someone would be back at work (in a chair) within months, never mind days. Also after an amputation the same.
    Its just total dog shit.

Santa isn't real either.
    What?????????
  • If it's not X Factor or equivalent and 'er indoors still enjoys watching it then it works for me as a relaxing Sunday night programme even if it does stretch credibility sometimes. That said, being the warped git I am, I did enjoy the solicitor's 'Ironside' quip.
  • Greenie said:

Its just total dog shit.

entitled to your opinion but couldn't disagree more.

Certainly far fetched, has had holes in every season but still think its gripping tv and I think a lot of people do indeed ignore some of the stuff you mentioned because its such good tv.
    Agreed. I've been disappointed with the points Greenie has raised, but nonetheless I'm gripped by it and can't wait for the final episode. The implausible parts were unnecessary/could have been better scripted, which is a shame. Almost as if written in a hurry.
  • Valley11 said:

Greenie said:

Its just total dog shit.

Santa isn't real either.
    Cool comment.
  • It's not often that I manage to stay awake through a whole drama series, but I have with Line of Duty. Agree that some is a bit far fetched, but gripping none the less.
  • Greenie said:

Its just total dog shit.

Certainly far fetched, has had holes in every season but still think its gripping tv and I think a lot of people do indeed ignore some of the stuff you mentioned because its such good tv.
    And indeed you are entitled to your opinion, and you are entitled to embrace mediocrity, I expect better, much better!
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

Its just total dog shit.

And yet you still watch it.

• edited April 2017
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Its just total dog shit.

And indeed you are entitled to your opinion, and you are entitled to embrace mediocrity, I expect better, much better!
    would suggest the general opinion on the programme proves the majority do not find it mediocre. But of course won't be for everyone.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Its just total dog shit.

Yet you've been a Charlton fan since God was a boy
  • It's what it claims to be that irks with me.

I'm sure i read the writer talking this up in the same league as ' The wire' during one of the previous series.

Now that is funny!
  • Greenie said:

Valley11 said:

Greenie said:

Its just total dog shit.

Santa isn't real either.
    Cool comment.
    Haha sorry. Only messing.
  • It's very well written with plot holes every so often. Which i prefer over the opposite.
  • TV would be a fucking borefest if scripts strictly adhered to fact IMO
  • Far fetched it may be, the plot has holes like a sieve but it's gripping and great entertainment.

Just like my allotment. ;-)
  • Watched the entire 4 series in the last 2 weeks. Finally caught up with real time and wish I'd timed it better. Now I have to wait 6 days.

Excellent series
  • Sponsored links:

• Redskin said:

Greenie said:

Its just total dog shit.

And yet you still watch it.

Watched it up to last weeks, been giving it the benefit of the doubt, then the penny dropped.
    The other half watches it, it's on while I'm reading or changing guitar strings or something !
    Taxi_Lad said:

TV would be a fucking borefest if scripts strictly adhered to fact IMO

But that's where a good writer can make a good story, and make the unbelievable, believable!
    It really is lame!
    But there's a lot that enjoy it, like a lot of people like to eat Maccy D's.
    It's a shame because it started off very good!
  • edited April 2017
    Sorry the stop was to remove something which I'd posted that demonstrated that cops, en masse, can do very dumb things sometimes! I then realised I was making a very dumb disclosure! And thought better of it.
  • Worth the licence fee alone.
    Incredible.
  • enjoyed series 3 and 4 immensely. and now found earlier series are on Netflix. happy days
  • That last shot right at the end though... surely, SURELY they weren't even hinting at the possibility Hastings might actually be bent. Right?

Not quite sure having everything wrapped up in a short interrogation was the most satisfying way to conclude things, interesting to have Roz just buckle and confess though - redeemed her somewhat. Though that idiotic Jodie person is still colossally stupid for a police officer!
  • Worth the licence fee alone.
    Incredible.

Agree, thought it was superb.
  • Thought it was crap.
  • I'm with Carly, gave it a chance, but not for me.

Having Grantchester forced down my neck now......