Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Line of duty

Comments

• Options
    What a brilliant final episode. I'll say no more.
  • Options
    Yeah - tied up nicely but also let you come to some of your own conclusions.

Interview with Arnott in The Sun yesterday, said they had all signed up to do 3 more series.
    Also to stay in character, he only spoke in his on screen accent from the moment filming started until filming was finished (he has a heavy Scottish accent in real life).

Also Robert Lindsay was meant to play Dryden, but pulled out after 3 days filming.
  • Options
    loved it, absolutely brilliant series and pleased to hear there will be more.

If you missed it, worth catching it on Iplayer if available.
  • Options
    I didn't enjoy last nights episode as much as the previous 5. maybe because it had to come to an end. the first half of last nights ep was good, but don't remember a 'gasp' moment like there was in the 1st series at the end.
  • Options

I didn't enjoy last nights episode as much as the previous 5. maybe because it had to come to an end. the first half of last nights ep was good, but don't remember a 'gasp' moment like there was in the 1st series at the end.

That moment was for me when one character revealed he had been basically been running a con on another and that what that character and we viewers thought was a genuinely sympathetic perspective was nothing of the sort. God damn trying not spoil it makes it hard to make any sense at all...
  • Options
    with you on that Suzi, just needed a knockout moment to make it perfect.

Not seen the first series, will try and hunt it down
  • Options

I've seen a few films that have resulted in some "gasp" moments
  • Options
    .... fantastic series though
  • Options

I thought her going out the hospital window was quite a knock down moment !
  • Options
    I thought the Belfast copper was going to be involved

Very few programmes keep me awake past 9.30 these days this was brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pico said:

I thought her going out the hospital window was quite a knock down moment !
    Suzi was referring to the last episode.
  • Options
    Just started watching season one after it was recommended by a friend.

I'm totally hooked already.
  • Options
    Comparing it to the 1st season the final episode was a let down. No big shocking moment. I liked that the baddies got away with it just thought it was out of character for the Keeley Hawes character to go down without a fight.
  • Options
    All six episodes are on iPlayer for another five days
  • Options
    Was ok. Little inconsistencies and a few daft story avenues let it down a bit for me if I'm honest. The casting was poor in places as well in my opinion.
  • Options
    Finally saw the last episode tonight. Had a few pause moments to discuss with the wife but was very satisfied with the ending, which is so often not the case with TV drama serials.
    Thought the casting was superb and cannot see what poster above was talking about.
  • Options
    Didn't explain why Akers was trying to phone Kate that night. To confront re affair with husband?, to come clean about plot to take Tommy? Or something else.

Dot will get his in next series!
  • Options
    There is a very anorack website where you can ask all these questions to the writer, my missus spent the day on it on Thursday, will try to get the link
  • Options
    One great feature of the series is in moral terms nearly every character is not 100% one way or another.
    There are better goodies than others, and there are worse baddies than others, but the complexity of moral pressures verses personal aspirations and needs was a great theme throughout the series.
    I also think it was better than the first series...still a little bit uneven...made on a restricted budget no doubt, but glad there will be more series to come, and such a good start(s) to live up to.
  • Options
    If you need help in affirming your conclusions , just type in "explain line of duty" into your browser.
    I have not posted the link just in case anyone clicked on it and inadvertantly revealed the enormous spoilers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

One great feature of the series is in moral terms nearly every character is not 100% one way or another.
    There are better goodies than others, and there are worse baddies than others, but the complexity of moral pressures verses personal aspirations and needs was a great theme throughout the series.
    I also think it was better than the first series...still a little bit uneven...made on a restricted budget no doubt, but glad there will be more series to come, and such a good start(s) to live up to.

totally agree ...extremely well written best series i have watched for a long time ...cant help thinking that there are some half truths in the corruption aspects

• Options
    Just watched both series back to back and the first is the better one by far. I was really dissapointed with the conclusion of series two. Good TV though.
  • Options
    How did you come across the first series Beds ?
  • Options

How did you come across the first series Beds ?

I bought both on a DVD Boxset . It's wasn't available on catchup .
  • Options
    Ok, ta
  • Options
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    Another series on its way.

• Options
    You going to the 02 Tuesday for Noel mate?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Nah , didn't get tickets. Could possibly get list but got the person who could sort that to sort NY instead and we've also just found out he's doing Phillie when we're there on the 3rd June.

Doing the calling thing over here as well.
  • Options
    Got series one on DVD for Christmas and we started watching it last night, absolutely brilliant. We were going to spread it over the week but after the wife went to bed after two episodes I watched two more, just one left. Totally compulsive viewing.
    Looking forward to series 3 later this year.