Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Line of duty

Comments

• The good news is that if you haven't seen series two it's probably even better than series one.
  • Great series
  • seth plum said:

The good news is that if you haven't seen series two it's probably even better than series one.

I have seen 2 but I think I'm enjoying this more.
  • Enjoying this series.

The Mrs reckons it's Thandie Newton's husband doing the killing.
  • buckshee said:

Enjoying this series.

Like the show a lot but the storyline of this series seems wildly implausible to me.
  • edited April 2017
    Loving it. Was worried it was going a bit "Dexter" at the end of ep1 but some great twists. Surely that can't be the end of DS Arnott ???
  • I dunno he looked in a bad way
  • Dropping 3 stories down a concrete stairwell would do a bit of damage to even the terminator.

I think also the fact they've brought in a new person this episode probably means he's the one that will replace him.

There's a theory me and the missus have been bouncing around that the guys incompetent lawyer is balaclava man and the lawyer that kept getting rung by whatchamacallits husband
  • Watched episode one last night, really enjoyed it. One of.those you want to go straight into the 2nd episode

True, I don't usually do box sets, but I'd quite happily watch this from start to finish.

Makes Sunday viewing that more comfortable.
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:

Enjoying this series.

Me too and that she knows this which is why desperate to convict the other person.
  • MrOneLung said:

buckshee said:

Enjoying this series.

Me too and that she knows this which is why desperate to convict the other person.
    Weirdly the wife said this before seeing last night's episode.
  • Why don't they just make the character Scottish, or cast an English actor?
  • buckshee said:

Enjoying this series.

Like the show a lot but the storyline of this series seems wildly implausible to me.
    exactly .. the murder charge against the East European girl who was the victim of the original kidnapping was just ridiculous .. this whole series looks to have been written in haste with bits added later to fill the gaps .. it also seems under rehearsed .. pity as on the whole the 'Line of Duty' storylines have provided good entertainment

The blokes English accent sounds fine to me. Was an English part and went to the best audition I would guess?
  • It's a damn lot better than the fake Alex Jones dude on Homeland.

The blokes English accent sounds fine to me. Was an English part and went to the best audition I would guess?
    Yep, I didn't realise he wasn't until I saw him in Filth and then looked him up on IMDB.
  • aliwibble said:

Why don't they just make the character Scottish, or cast an English actor?

Yep, I didn't realise he wasn't until I saw him in Filth and then looked him up on IMDB.
    He's in a really gritty Scottish film called sweet sixteen from about 20 years ago, which he's the lead, worth watching. His first film with no experience according to wiki.

Used to be a pro footballer in Scotland too!
  • aliwibble said:

He's in a really gritty Scottish film called sweet sixteen from about 20 years ago, which he's the lead, worth watching. His first film with no experience according to wiki.

Used to be a pro footballer in Scotland too!
    So did Tony Watt.
  • buckshee said:

Enjoying this series.

exactly .. the murder charge against the East European girl who was the victim of the original kidnapping was just ridiculous .. this whole series looks to have been written in haste with bits added later to fill the gaps .. it also seems under rehearsed .. pity as on the whole the 'Line of Duty' storylines have provided good entertainment
    Great series but I agree this one is getting a bit too far fetched - starting to resemble a script from Lost (making it up as they go along), 2 weeks ago it was the forensics guy who had the balaclava (and Thandie Newton took it & kept it in her car) - so did her husband steal it or were they selling 3 for a fiver on a market stall ?? Also, if her husband is involved why is he questioning her after the police spoke to him & accusing her of having an affair - we know she was in that flat & tampered with the evidence so whats going on ???

Good point about the solicitor bloke - dopey git needs to go to a sleep disorder clinic & sort out his sleep apnoea !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't think we should pick holes in the plot just yet. Hopefully in the end it will all tie together

The really ridiculous accent in this show is that of Paul Higgins. Good actor but he's ludicrous in this show.

Why can't they just cast real coppers and forensic people?

Because it's acting?
  • I have liked most of Line of Duty, except the end of the last series, but the strength previously was to indicate that no character was without moral dilemmas, they tried to avoid the goodie v baddie narrative. This series is still compelling (I have never seen Silent Witness) because of the procedural detail it shows.
  • buckshee said:

Enjoying this series.

Not half. But that's Line of Duty I'm afraid.
    The last series had more holes in it than one of Roland's socks,but this series is excelling itself!
  • MrOneLung said:

Because it's acting?
    They all play their roles superbly mate and, from what I've seen of it, it seems like quite a good show, but I don't think the fella's Southern English accent is very good and can't see why he can't be left to act as the native Scott that he is.

It was just a passing comment and I'm sorry if some of you don't agree.
  • Actually applauded at the end of Sunday's episode, it's a brilliant piece of entertainment and I find it huge fun to watch. Well done writer, actors, director!
  • Missed this 3 times over.
    Now series 4 is on and I feel like the only one not watching.

I wanted to watch from the beginning, started series 1 last night and ended up watching 4 episodes back to back.

Fucking brilliant.
  • buckshee said:

Enjoying this series.

That was indeed a very, very weak aspect. Just to be boring for a moment, the PACE Codes of Practice require her to be informed about the matter she was being interviewed about. Here's the extract: "An interview is the questioning of a person regarding their involvement or suspected involvement in a criminal offence or offences which, under paragraph 10.1, must be carried out under caution. Before a person is interviewed, they and, if they are represented, their solicitor must be given sufficient information to enable them to understand the nature of any such offence, and why they are suspected of committing it (see paragraphs 3.4(a) and 10.3), in order to allow for the effective exercise of the rights of the defence."

She clearly wasn't given the information she needed and wasn't cautioned until the end. Any case against her now, however plausible, would just be thrown out by the CPS. Even the suck-up junior plod at the interview would have known this, let alone the senior officer.

This crap in police dramas ruins things for me so I thought I'd share the pain.
  • MrOneLung said:

Because it's acting?
    They all play their roles superbly mate and, from what I've seen of it, it seems like quite a good show, but I don't think the fella's Southern English accent is very good and can't see why he can't be left to act as the native Scott that he is.

It was just a passing comment and I'm sorry if some of you don't agree.
    Sorry, just my attempt at humour.

Can you Please put the shotguns down !!!