Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Wigan match thread (01/02/14)

Comments

• PaddyP17 said:

Alright guys, I'll do my best to supplement RM via the Wigan commentary. Thankfully no Parzyszek to spoil the spellings from me today, Ghoochannejhad is relatively easy - just a case of remembering the h's. Though, I may be calling him Dave/Reza/Gucci/if he's playing badly, Gooch. COYR!

Phew. Wipes forehead.

• Sordell playing is interesting ---last chance ?

Surprised he is still here given the noises from Bolton about him going somewhere else and his lack of starts.

Although the window has shut, assume he can be loaned elsewhere if we agree to it?

For some reason though I still think he could do something for us - maybe today will finally be the day (or not).

• Of course CAFC Player slow off the blocks again. No pre-match build up from there.
  • Alnwick is starting for the 'O's today

Not surprised, after his form for us he could start anywhere. Only surprised he took a step down a league. Good catch for them, really hope it works out for him.
  • Hoping this new look team gels together quick. COYR!!
  • It will be interesting to see how Sordell does. He hasn't really been given too many chances has he.
  • Powell got that team that got us out of league one working together brilliantly and quickly. This may be a bit too quick....
  • Morning from the Prairies.

Excited for the start of a new era but Having slept on it, I'm still gutted Yann has gone.

The starting line up worries me a little, don't know much about Reza really but between him and Sordell I'm not convinced who will hold the ball up. Nice to see Sordell getting a chance though, expected he'd be on the bench and Church would start. An awful lot rests on the full backs, because there is not a lot of pace and no natural width in midfield.

Reckon we'll be playing a diamond:

Thuram

Nego. Morro. Wood. Wiggo

Poyet

Cousins. Jacko

Ajdarevic

Marv. Reza
  • PaddyP17 said:

Alright guys, I'll do my best to supplement RM via the Wigan commentary. Thankfully no Parzyszek to spoil the spellings from me today, Ghoochannejhad is relatively easy - just a case of remembering the h's. Though, I may be calling him Dave/Reza/Gucci/if he's playing badly, Gooch. COYR!

Hi Paddy.....I'm using AA and Reza for short, when Parzyszek is playing thinking of just using PP...........thanks as always mate for helping out
  • Rob said:

It will be interesting to see how Sordell does. He hasn't really been given too many chances has he.

That would be amazing if he gells with the new team and lives up to his supposed potential...
  • Sponsored links:

• Yippy-I-ay, Yippy-I-oh-oh!
  • As for talk of the formation, I would possibly guess that at some point, if not from the start, that a 4-5-1 could be deployed with Reza moving wide right to cut in, Ajdarevic/Jackson on the left, and the other three CMs as, well, CMs. Yeah?
  • Hoping this new look team gels together quick. COYR!!

So do i,but can not see that happening today somehow.
  • Powell got that team that got us out of league one working together brilliantly and quickly. This may be a bit too quick....

He had an entire summer to build that team and get them working together. He's not even had 24 hours this time.
  • Morning from the Prairies.

Excited for the start of a new era but Having slept on it, I'm still gutted Yann has gone.

The starting line up worries me a little, don't know much about Reza really but between him and Sordell I'm not convinced who will hold the ball up. Nice to see Sordell getting a chance though, expected he'd be on the bench and Church would start. An awful lot rests on the full backs, because there is not a lot of pace and no natural width in midfield.

Reckon we'll be playing a diamond:

Thuram

Nego. Morro. Wood. Wiggo

Poyet

Cousins. Jacko

Ajdarevic

Marv. Reza

Jacko at the tip if the diamond ghosting in unmarked into the box?
  • Wigan change 4 today, we change 8!
  • Yeah,was awaiting international clearance to play today,cant have come through in time I would imagine?

Poland is an EU country and there is free movement of workers within the EU.
    Yes, I'd noticed that.
  • Player working....Emma and Pete F for us....how will she cope with the new names.......cant wait for Koc to play!!
  • Emma. Oh well.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Hi Paddy.....I'm using AA and Reza for short, when Parzyszek is playing thinking of just using PP...........thanks as always mate for helping out
    I dont pay my subscription just to read abreviations!! ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Its like the first game of the season I can't wait for this have nerves with it but I am hoping that the guys get the feel of the game and its pace especially poyet quickly
  • Well, I just have no idea what to expect. But this is the only place to find out. Thanks as always Red.

Phil Parry on BBC expressing doubts about wisdom of sale of Kermo and especially Alnwick
  • T.C.E said:

PaddyP17 said:

I dont pay my subscription just to read abreviations!! ;)
    @TCE...try this one for free....FO (LOL ;-) )
  • 4-1-3-2 Looks best imo.

....................Thuram........

.....Nego...Morro...Wood...Wiggins...

.....................Poyet.............

....Adjarevic...Cousins....Jackson....

..........Reza.................Sordell....

I would say this but maybe Jacko behind Reza and Sordell for a 4-1-2-1-2
  • Come on Charlton. Unbeaten in February. Let's keep this run going...
  • Afternoon red and all.

full of optimism for today, whatever the result i just want to see signs that the new lads are up to it
    hope dies last, COYR
  • right less than 10 minutes till ko.....apologies up-front if things don't go so well today on the thread, will be using abbreviations as I think it will be easier to follow the new guys......apologies also for any spelling mistakes and typos as usual.
  • I can see the first 10/15 minutes will be crucial. We need to keep calm then and slowly play into the game. It will be interesting to see how the players gel.
  • Rosler says he won't underestimate us. Expect well organised team, respect for Powell very well expressed. Says the result is up to what Wigan do, also says if they do play how they should they will 'most likely win the game'.
  • Great turn out by Charlton
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!