Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Wigan match thread (01/02/14)

Comments

• Is that Aaron McClean?
  • edited February 2014
    Pete F thinking AA behind the striker and Poyet sitting in front of back 4
  • Being honest that midfield has no more balance than it did on tuesday night...
  • Wigan usually play 3 in Central Midfield. We are probably matching up.

• Or even McGuigan.

Brilliant!

• I like what sam says there
  • Matt FFS im trying to stay positive here ! wait until we are 3 nil down at least !!
  • Pete F thinking AA behind the striker and Poyet sitting in front of back 4

Makes sense. Bit concerned it's a bit lightweight.
  • Yeah,was awaiting international clearance to play today,cant have come through in time I would imagine?

Why would he need clearance? He is Polish - Poland is an EU country and there is free movement of workers within the EU.
  • Whatever happens today we can't get too upset, Wigan have a very good squad. Very tough for the boys today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very strong Wigan team. Practically a Premier League team that, bar one or two.
  • One thing's for certain - several players are going to have their best every game for Charlton today.
  • Morning all from California. Excited about this one. Onwards and upwards. COYRs!!!!
  • Is that Aaron McClean?

No. James.
  • Interesting fact...........We started the season with a 35 and a 36 year old in CM (Gower and Hughes), today we have an 18 and a 19 year old (Poyet and Cousins). Hmm.
  • Yeah,was awaiting international clearance to play today,cant have come through in time I would imagine?

Why would he need clearance? He is Polish - Poland is an EU country and there is free movement of workers within the EU.
    Every signing from abroad has to receive international clearance. Has nothing to do with work permits or where you are from.
  • WSS said:

Kermorgant on the bench for Bournemouth.

Who?

• 30 mins till ko.............COYR's.......3 points will be fantastic.....1 point wholly acceptable......now lets hope all our players can read so they can see the names of their team mates on their shirts.....so much better than just shouting 'Dave'.............LOL
  • Interesting team but bizarrely, perhaps stupidly, optimistic about this! COYR.

For what it's worth I can see us going with Jacko just behind the strikers and the other 3 CM's matching up with the Wigan ones like Tutt-Tutt says. Jacko played that role well behind Church v Birmingham away.
  • Simeone Jackson has gone to Millwall they are saying on twitter
  • Sponsored links:

• It'll be interesting to see how that team lines up once they get on the pitch, much like on Tuesday.
  • Simeone Jackson has gone to Millwall they are saying on twitter

Don't need him. We've an international forward (and Church), a top talent in our new Polish lad and, er...Sordell.
  • sammy391 said:

Polish guy not even on the bench? Must need some match fitness.

Can't have got the work permit or whatever he was waiting for from yesterday!
    He is fit played last week,work permit same as HOLLAND,HE HAS BEEN BASED IN HOLLAND 4 YEARS NOW.Standard of football is greater in championship.
  • Alright guys, I'll do my best to supplement RM via the Wigan commentary. Thankfully no Parzyszek to spoil the spellings from me today, Ghoochannejhad is relatively easy - just a case of remembering the h's. Though, I may be calling him Dave/Reza/Gucci/if he's playing badly, Gooch. COYR!
  • All this talk about legends....RedMidland is a legend.
  • Afternoon all, and greetings from a still sunny Wokingham.

Midfield looks thin but I reckon Sam is bang on with the line-up. Shame not to see Piotr in the team but glad CP is linking Sordell and Reza - they might be an effective pairing.

Very best of luck to young Diego Poyet, on his debut - and indeed all the other newbies. Lets hope for some good passing football and some attacking intent - even if we lose, let's start looking the part.
  • Alnwick is starting for the 'O's today
  • Goodhicallin the Iranian will hit a brace within 22 minutes...
  • I hope Poyet does well.

Is this on the radio anywhere (not player)?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!