Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Wigan match thread (01/02/14)

1353637383941»

Comments

• Options
    Final whistle we lost 2-1.
    Big respect to Red and Paddy.
    Gutted.
  • Options
    dont know what to say about that......sorry............hope updates were ok............night
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Can't blame RD for that at all.

So who do we blame then? Sell our best three players and still expect to win?
    in fairness sounded like they were giving it a go, but powells usual negativity, well you know...

• Options
    Cheers RM and Paddy.
  • Options
    Dervite every time
  • Options
    I'm not there but I understand wigan's 2nd goal was from a set piece. Our defending from set pieces is disgusting. I would be interested to see how many we have conceded from set pieces across the course of this season.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Can't blame RD for that at all.

So who do we blame then? Sell our best three players and still expect to win?
    RD didn't decide that trying to defend for the best part of an hour was a brilliant tactical stroke. He didn't invite pressure by bringing on the same bloody defender who comes on every time, to no effect. We WERE winning, including the new signings playing, just fucked it up on the pitch.
  • Options
    Absolute joke.
  • Options
    clucking bell
  • Options
    Sick of the 6 at the back nonsense for 45 minutes.

Sticking 1 person up front is 0 threat, just inviting Wigan to come at us with no fear of counters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chris Powell has to go, He has had enough chances, I have been for Chris Powell, but he hasn't learnt a thing
  • Options
    At least it sounds Reza had a threat! Next time....please!
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Fuming, awful decisions by CP, why are we parking the bus against a team like that. E

Wigan pass the ball well and have a lot of Premiership quality... If we continued attacking they'd have picked their passes from the spaces we'd have created and would have been more as our players had got more tired!!
  • Options
    reminds me of england france in the euros...
  • Options
    Thanks Seth and RM, onwards and upwards
  • Options
    Sounds like another Powell master stroke bringing on two donkeys at the end to soak up the pressure
  • Options
    Brum 3 Derby 3
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    RDs brought in new players and this first game with them will be his opportunity to move CP out I'm afraid. Not saying it's fair, just think that's the way it's going to go.
  • Options
    We're not good enough to sit back.
  • Options

This is too tense. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines...

You don't want speed - you need a bucketful of Valium.

You're right. I do now. Groan!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CP is consistent, now cocking it up every leauge game !
  • Options
    28/1 on Welling/Charlton double. 5 stake.

.. never bet on your own team!
  • Options
    Rob said:

You can't sit back like that against a team with the quality of Wigan and not expect something to happen.

You can't throw in a load of debutants against the FA cup holders and expect too much, perhaps?
  • Options
    We got what we deserved unfortunately. Wigan battered us.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!