Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Loic Nego - Hungarian international now (p7)

Comments

• Options
    I saw Nego play for us at Wigan - he wasnt bad just a bit lightweight - maybe hes bulked up a bit?
  • Options

I saw Nego play for us at Wigan - he wasnt bad just a bit lightweight - maybe hes bulked up a bit?

Probably more a case of physical strength being less important in the Hungarian league.
  • Options

Terrific technique. Hell of a strike.

Just what we expect of Nicky Ajose on Saturday.

• Options

I also saw his debut at Wigan and not only was he lightweight he was not up to the pace of the game. That was also the game where Thuram let two in late on to gift Wigan the three points after Sordell had given us the lead early on and Reza rattled the bar from about 25 yards.
  • Options
    Watched him v Chelsea (for Vidi). He was very good.

When he played his one game for us he was a boy. Now he's not.....and would be excellent at right midfield.
  • Options
    I somehow managed to catch that one and only game in Wigan - a tense 90 mins after a very early goal out us up, then we lose 2-1 at the death BAM BAM

Long way home

Anyway... I thought Nego looked ok, but always thought I must have had it wrong as he got peters on here and powell never played him again

• Options
    I saw that one and only game at wigan too , a memorable loss ...

I mean sounds like we had bundles up there !
  • Options
    A typical network player

Actually quite decent BUT not what we needed at that time in the Championship at that time. Given time he could have been a good player for us, but time wasn't something we had with the lack of depth in the squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

I also saw his debut at Wigan and not only was he lightweight he was not up to the pace of the game. That was also the game where Thuram let two in late on to gift Wigan the three points after Sordell had given us the lead early on and Reza rattled the bar from about 25 yards.
    Thuram would certainly not make a Hall of Fame.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Thuram would certainly make a Hall of Shame.
  • Options
    I didn't think he was that bad, just didn't really get a chance and was young.

Great finish!
  • Options

I didn't think he was that bad, just didn't really get a chance and was young.

Great finish!

Saw him in an U23 pre-season friendly at Lewes, was average. That's a long time ago though.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Thuram would certainly not make a Hall of Fame.
    only in the clown's gallery
  • Options
    Thuram certainly couldnt have done much with the 2nd goal from what i recall.
  • Options
    God Yohann Thuram-Ulien was shit.

Not sure if I can pick out Nego in that game.

Reza with a beautiful strike off the bar... :heart: Reza :heart:
  • Options
    I'd forgotten about Richard Wood, one of those journeyman centre backs who didn't seem that exceptional at the time, but has done rather better for himself since leaving us than we have!
  • Options

Thuram certainly couldnt have done much with the 2nd goal from what i recall.

Hang on a minute, he's responsible for lining the wall up and the attempt to save it was just like the first goal, he doesn't get down or across quick enough. If Phillips or Steer had let that second one in they would have been slated on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd forgotten about Richard Wood, one of those journeyman centre backs who didn't seem that exceptional at the time, but has done rather better for himself since leaving us than we have!

Richard Wood was quality, proper defender
  • Options
    Nego is quite the all action right back these days. Both Club and International level! Never saw that coming.
  • Options
    Quality player! 😆
  • Options
    Roland knew best!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Nego is quite the all action right back these days. Both Club and International level! Never saw that coming.

According to Morgan Fox and Joe Pigott the first words of English Nego said was ?

"not Right back, me midfielder" 

• Options
    edited October 2021
    He looked hungry for it ! Roly you knew best pal! 
  • Options
    I thought he had an excellent game and was their best player.
  • Options
    I just had a quick chat on the phone to my Mum and Dad, and they were saying similar. They didn't believe me when I said he used to play for us, but they may have missed that particular game :)
  • Options
    When Eddie Firmani arrived in the UK from South Africa as a young player in 1950, he was allowed a year to settle in and acclimatize to the UK conditions before Jimmy Seed concluded he was ready for a run in the first team. Loic Nego was allowed one match before being written off and disregarded as a flop. Is that progress or what?
  • Options
    When Eddie Firmani arrived in the UK from South Africa as a young player in 1950, he was allowed a year to settle in and acclimatize to the UK conditions before Jimmy Seed concluded he was ready for a run in the first team. Loic Nego was allowed one match before being written off and disregarded as a flop. Is that progress or what?
    It wasn't only Nego that that happened to either.  The treatment of the younger players was as bad, if not worse than the initial recruitment.