Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Loic Nego - Hungarian international now (p7)

Comments

• Options
    Is Loïc Négo the only Charlton player to have had a dieresis in his name?
  • Options
    I knew he'd come good.

That Roland is a genius.
  • Options

A number of the signings we made during the network days were actually perfectly decent players

However they weren't what we needed, which was battled hardened pros (in the English game) to come into the team and make an immediate impact. You can cope with a couple of overseas punts, not 5 or 6 at the same time

Saw him play for our U23's at Lewes - didn't stand out.
  • Options
    The first few pages of this thread now make for hilarious reading.
  • Options
    Move on...Kermo all over again!!! :wink:
  • Options

Just scored for Videoton in the Champions League, away at Malmo.

Sounds like a second rate Blockbuster video rental store.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018

I’m still waiting for Anil Koc to stick one in..

Ooh err missus.
  • Options

Long wait I think, his career could be over.

Not had a club since 2017
    Even then he played for Antalyaspor between 2016-2017 and played 0 games
  • Options

Whoosh!
  • Options
    drewman said:

Whoosh!
    I knew he was pissing around about him scoring so no whoosh actually, just making a point that his career might be over.

I had no idea he had been without a club since 2017 and hadnt played a game since 2016, as I am sure others on here did not know
  • Options
    He’s magic you know, you’ll never get past Loïc Nego
  • Options
    I liked him but he was caught up amidst the animosty at the time.

He was young and untested but had potential - glad he's showing it now
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

This is very true, he was never really given a chance as we had a right back playing well at the time, but unless he had instantly displayed the qualities of a Cafu he would never have been accepted as like you say there was animosity and distrust of any network players (and rightly so) given how most of them have slunk away to lower European leagues soon after. Still, in Driesen we trust.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I don’t think it’s true there was any anomosity around Nego when he made his solitary appearance at Wigan, and Solly was injured. None of Riga, Peeters or Luzon showed any interest in playing him, which is pretty telling.
  • Options
    drewman said:

Swisdom said:

This is very true, he was never really given a chance as we had a right back playing well at the time, but unless he had instantly displayed the qualities of a Cafu he would never have been accepted as like you say there was animosity and distrust of any network players (and rightly so) given how most of them have slunk away to lower European leagues soon after. Still, in Driesen we trust.
    Dmitrović was another one who was tarred with the "network brush", and he went to the World Cup with Serbia
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don’t think it’s true there was any anomosity around Nego when he made his solitary appearance at Wigan, and Solly was injured. None of Riga, Peeters or Luzon showed any interest in playing him, which is pretty telling.

Are Riga, Luzon or Peeters in the champions league this season? That’s also rather telling

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Are Riga, Luzon or Peeters in the champions league this season? That’s also rather telling

In what way, exactly? Luzon has managed in the Champions League, if that's of any relevance. My only point is Nego didn't play because none of four managers felt he was suitable to play for Charlton in 2014 or 2015, not because of any "animosity", which in any case didn't prevent Reza making 42 appearances, even though he wasn't suitable either. Why would "animosity" have had anything to do with Riga, Peeters or Luzon's decisions?
  • Options

drewman said:

Swisdom said:

Dmitrović was another one who was tarred with the "network brush", and he went to the World Cup with Serbia
    I never saw him play and I think he came a year or two later, but I thought he was quite highly thought of in the handful of games he played? Certainly well above lepoint, reza, koc etc.
  • Options
    Starting against Chelsea tonight.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Starting against Chelsea tonight.

Wearing 11 so more of an attacking player now?
  • Options
    scored a good goal apparently
  • Options
    Que the twitter rant/ejaculation from Thomas Driesen
    “I discovered this talent” :neutral:
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Brilliant shot from Nego leads to MOL Vidi leading 2-1 against Chelsea. He is playing well generally.

Just proves that if we had had faith in Mr Duchatelet and his signings we would be in the Premiership by now.
  • Options
    Mike said:

scored a good goal apparently

Loic too good against Chelsea, not good enough for Charlton?
  • Options
    Hahaha