Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Loic Nego - Hungarian international now (p7)

Comments

• Options

So another player signed that Powell has obviously been scouting for months and desperately wanted....or another player he's been given the opportunity to use.

Fixed that for you Sparrows.
  • Options
    Sorry to be negative, but could this be goodbye to Chris Solly ?
  • Options
    Granpa said:

If his knees are as bad as it sounds then we need to have alternatives

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Granpa said:

If his knees are as bad as it sounds then we need to have alternatives

Agree, we are badly missing Solly and Wilson is not a RB (much better as RM) so bringing in a Right Back is good business and makes sense, as much as we all are desperate to see strikers coming in.
  • Options
    a RB who has played next to no football in resent years , and going against what we are told is RD strategy of promoting youth.

Still being run like a 2bob outfit IMO
  • Options
    the point is NO ONE on here or at the club has seen this guy play---because ha hasnt been playing. Looks to me we have actually done what you say we shouldnt be doing and thats signed an unknown "anyone".
  • Options
    luke1 said:

Don't know why everyone has the hump, RD has probably said to CP, look we don't have money to throw around but i do own these other teams and you can take a few of these players to strengthen the squad. If Powell gave RD his targets it would probably cost a good few mil, this is not realistic. At the end of the day its better than where we were at before RD came along. We could not even afford to offer players contracts previously. Some of these players might turn out to be turd, but we might also find a few diamonds. Just have to wait and see, but i much prefer reading about us signing young players even if they are unknown, rather than never signing anyone!

That doesn't appear to have changed yet.

Disagree about rather seeing us sign unknowns to no one. I'd rather the manager was able to sign the players he thinks he needs within the budget he has, including re-signing current players

• Options
    we are led to believe though that contracts are now being offered but not being taken up because the players want to know what CP's future is. I'm not sure I buy this because a) even if CP were offered a new deal today it doesn't mean he can't be sacked next month and b) if you were offered better elsewhere with more security you be more inclined to accept that. If you were RD would you blithly offer CP a new 2 year deal or wait to the end of the season and assess it then on what you have seen. In the meantime you try and strengthen the squad as best you can. If Solly is crocked we need a RB or at least cover and who knows this guy may be the real deal. Maybe he hasn't settled in Hungary but his pedigree through French youth ranks is there and he had a 5 yr deal with Roma so he can't be crap.
  • Options
    luke1 said:

Don't know why everyone has the hump, RD has probably said to CP, look we don't have money to throw around but i do own these other teams and you can take a few of these players to strengthen the squad. If Powell gave RD his targets it would probably cost a good few mil, this is not realistic. At the end of the day its better than where we were at before RD came along. We could not even afford to offer players contracts previously. Some of these players might turn out to be turd, but we might also find a few diamonds. Just have to wait and see, but i much prefer reading about us signing young players even if they are unknown, rather than never signing anyone!

As an outsider it seems like your managers hands are now tied and he isn't making any decisions on the comings & goings of players.

Not good for him and not good for existing players either if unknowns are being signed every week displacing them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014

luke1 said:

As an outsider it seems like your managers hands are now tied and he isn't making any decisions on the comings & goings of players.

Not good for him and not good for existing players either if unknowns are being signed every week displacing them.
    Going players i think CP does have a say. The owner has a network of clubs, he's not short on cash and any fee's involved for our players would be minimal (bar Solly or Stephens)

So far, we haven't sold anybody.

In terms of those coming in, we will find out the situation tonight, as it'll be interesting who plays in goal (Alnwick got MOM saturday). If Thuram does start in goal, then thats not a CP choice and will speak volumes.
  • Options

luke1 said:

Or.......there has been a suspicion for a couple of weeks that Solly is crocked, we already have a player to cover him but beyond that no-one ready to step in. So when it becomes clear Solly needs another operation and is likely to be missing for the rest of the season, CP finds himself in a situation where he needs cover and doesn't want to impact on the limited budget he has for his "A-List" signings", so he goes to Roland and says anyone at any of your other clubs who is an up and coming right back who we could bring in as cover for Wilson?.
  • Options

So another player signed that Powell has obviously been scouting for months and desperately wanted....or another player he's been told to use?

i have chosen to believe that Powell has been given a list of players he can bring in from the other clubs if he wishes and is getting them over on his say to have a look.
  • Options
    If sollys latest surgery attempt fails we will have a real problem this season

If roma thought he was talented enough to warrant a 5 year contract then he must have at sometime shown potential

To me for the first time in ages we are playing the game smart . The confusion on the loan market demonstrated in the other thread , is starting to make sense bring in talent from his network over 23 and under but be them players who could if needed step into the breech.
    I keep saying it that these signings

A keeper
    Right back
    Central mid
    Left mid all on loan and within the 2 age brackets will assist in releasing the money to buy who powelly has highlighted as a priority signing and mean we can ship out fringe players off the squad and fit the ones above into those holes

Chill wait for the close of the window and look at the squad we have then

I believe we will all be happier then
  • Options

even if it succeeds he will still be out for quite a while I presume

• Options

even if it succeeds he will still be out for quite a while I presume

Hopefully this latest operation will be enough to keep him going for more than a few weeks at a time! The comparison to Ledley King (incredible potential, never resolved through injury) looks increasingly apt.
  • Options
    If the signing becomes official then I wish him well. He certainly seems prepared to travel to further his career - San Salvador, France, Italy, Belgium, Hungary and now the UK.

None of us know the first thing about his ability on the field. Why can we simply not wait to see him play before entering into these endless conspiracy theories or denigrating the bloke before he has even kicked a ball for us?

I genuinely doubt AS Roma are going to offer a 5 year contract to a complete dummy. His international appearances indicate he has some ability and potential whether he can realise such potential is of course another matter.

• Options

So another player signed that Powell has obviously been scouting for months and desperately wanted....or another player he's been told to use?

i have chosen to believe that Powell has been given a list of players he can bring in from the other clubs if he wishes and is getting them over on his say to have a look.
    And that's why (I think) we are delaying the news stories about them signing for us. We are getting them over for a few days, see how they fit in and them if they seem good enough, why not? They're cheap. If we've got other clubs to use to strengthen our own then let's use them.

There's no harm in trying out untested players. It's not the first time we've done it and it won't be the last. Some go for you (Pritchard in his first two seasons) and others don't (that Welsh bloke who we never saw play).
  • Options
    None of them will be up for a relegation battle. This is going to end in tears I tell thee
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

None of them will be up for a relegation battle. This is going to end in tears I tell thee

They won't need to be mate we will be fine
  • Options
    felix_31 said:
    Just clicked on the link - and in the right column there's a diagram of The Valley pitch, showing that part which is still mud.
  • Options
    What is a relegation battle? The term is thrown around so loosely but essentially it's just playing and trying to win matches.
  • Options
    Done deal 3 and half years. Hoping its a start of signing a few players and atleast it's not another loan .
  • Options
    Charlton have completed the signing of Loïc Négo from Újpest for an undisclosed fee, the club announced on Wednesday evening
    Iain Liddle reports

Charlton have completed the signing of Loïc Négo from Újpest for an undisclosed fee, the club announced on Wednesday evening.

The full-back has signed a three-and-a-half year deal with the Addicks and is available for selection for Saturday’s Championship clash at Wigan Athletic.

Négo is a product of the FC Nantes academy in France and has represented his country at all levels from U16 to U20.

His standout performances at the U20 World Cup in 2011, where France finished in fourth place, helped seal a move to Italian giants A.S. Roma.

An attack-minded player, Négo spent time on loan at Standard Liège in 2013 before signing for Hungarian side Újpest.

He now joins Chris Powell’s side ahead of an important final few months of the season and provides a welcome option at right-back with Lawrie Wilson about to start a three-game suspension and Chris Solly having suffered from a knee injury for most of the current campaign.

Négo is the fourth player to arrive at Charlton in January following the previous loan captures of Astrit Ajdarević, Yohann Thuram-Ulien and Anil Koç.

A squad number for Négo has yet to be confirmed and will be publicised in due course.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140129-nego-signs-1326476.aspx#KQ5K2y4g1GShfe5T.99
  • Options
    3 1/2 years is a big contract. We must have some knowledge of him surely?
  • Options

Don't bank on it.

• Options
    super, another reject from the Roland merry go round
  • Options

Nobody knew he existed until last week, apart from Roland...