Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tal Ben Haim

Comments

• Options
    dizzee said:

My dream team next season for us:

Pope

Solly
    Morro
    Mancienne
    Wiggins

Wilson
    Moussa
    Buyens/Jacko
    Harriott

Reza
    Vetekole

Cousins?

• Options
    Cant see us playing 4-4-2 much to be honest. Squad is looking far more suited to a 4-3-3
  • Options
    Ben Haim or Bikey?
  • Options

Ben Haim or Bikey?

Both if TBH is 4th choice.
  • Options

dizzee said:

Pope

Solly
    Morro
    Mancienne
    Wiggins

Wilson
    Moussa
    Buyens/Jacko
    Harriott

Reza
    Vetekole

We would get battered.
    FTFY.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Ben Haim or Bikey?

Both if TBH is 4th choice.
    Not a bad shout as long as Bikey is coming in as a centre back.
  • Options

dizzee said:

Pope

Solly
    Morro
    Mancienne
    Wiggins

Wilson
    Moussa
    Buyens/Jacko
    Harriott

Reza
    Vetekole

Thats a very attacking midfield. Cant see Reza, Vetekole, Moussa and Harriott all starting.
    Agree maybe a five man midfield!
    Buyens Cousins
    Wilson Moussa Harriott
    Vetekole
  • Options
    seth plum said:

dizzee said:

Pope

Solly
    Morro
    Mancienne
    Wiggins

Wilson
    Moussa
    Buyens/Jacko
    Harriott

Reza
    Vetekole

Cousins?

We are spoilt.

Nearly forgot about him.

Ye chuck him in there and hope the ref doesn't notice.
  • Options

dizzee said:

Pope

Solly
    Morro
    Mancienne
    Wiggins

Wilson
    Moussa
    Buyens/Jacko
    Harriott

Reza
    Vetekole

Thats a very attacking midfield. Cant see Reza, Vetekole, Moussa and Harriott all starting.
    Agree maybe a five man midfield!
    Buyens Cousins
    Wilson Moussa Harriott
    Vetekole
    Yeah thats what I was thinking. But aside from Jackson, who else is there in midfield? We definitely need bodies. All well and good having a good midfield on paper but we definitely need another 2/3 in.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The Championship is a physical division, with physically big players.

Early days yet, I know and more signings will surely be made - but we do need to bring in some physically big players.

Smaller, attacking speedy players seems to be the preferred way from what we see so far,
    but how does that work at set piece situations around the box against big defenders?

And when we defend set pieces, who marks the big lumbering opposing CB in our box?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Addicted said:

Cant see us playing 4-4-2 much to be honest. Squad is looking far more suited to a 4-3-3

Q&A with BP yesterday the 2 formations he mentioned was 4-4-2 and 4-3-3, He was saying that when they are doing 11 V 11 in training one team will play a 4-4-2 the other a 4-3-3, then swap around to get used to them formations and playing positions, so if we are behind we can change to a 4-3-3 without its causing confusion
  • Options
    So have we signed TBH?
  • Options

So have we signed TBH?

It's a mystery.

• Options
    So have we signed TBH?
    Oggy Red said:

So have we signed TBH?

It's a mystery.

wrapped up in an enigma?

• Options

So have we signed TBH?

Bikey more likely IMO
  • Options
    Not mentioned going to Belgium so looks unlikely I imagine. Would rarther Bikey personally.
  • Options

Addicted said:

Q&A with BP yesterday the 2 formations he mentioned was 4-4-2 and 4-3-3, He was saying that when they are doing 11 V 11 in training one team will play a 4-4-2 the other a 4-3-3, then swap around to get used to them formations and playing positions, so if we are behind we can change to a 4-3-3 without its causing confusion
    Interesting, but unless my maths is off that would require us to have 22 players...
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Addicted said:

Interesting, but unless my maths is off that would require us to have 22 players...
    Pope - Mitov
    Solly - Wilson
    Morrison - Bikey
    Osborne - Gomez
    Wiggins - Fox
    Vetokele - Reza
    Cousins - Munns
    Jackson - Buyens
    Harriott - Cywka
    Church - Pigott
    Parzyszek - Ansah

• Options
    TBH will be in Belgium already, so could be linking up with us out there.
  • Options
    Poor old Jose could not do that at Blackpool at the moment nothing more that a single 5 a side match with no subs!. Shows things are moving along quite well from our perspective.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So have we signed TBH?

TBC
  • Options

So have we signed TBH?

TBC
    TBF IMHO ATM I just don't know...LOL
  • Options

Not mentioned going to Belgium so looks unlikely I imagine. Would rarther Bikey personally.

Just a hunch, but Tal Ben Haim may already be in Belgium ?

;o)
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Addicted said:

Rush goalie
  • Options
    I know everyone bangs on about Bikey, and yes they are right, he's a beast and a brilliant player.

But TBH has been about 20x better than I imagined him to be. Really do love the man at the moment. He's always the first to praise the fans after every game.

Really really happy with Tel, has been my favourite signing only by a fraction however.
  • Options

I know everyone bangs on about Bikey, and yes they are right, he's a beast and a brilliant player.

But TBH has been about 20x better than I imagined him to be. Really do love the man at the moment. He's always the first to praise the fans after every game.

Really really happy with Tel, has been my favourite signing only by a fraction however.

he has played very well but he has made a couple of mistakes, one that cost us against Rotherham and against Boro he passed it to their player and they almost scored, but other than them 2 he has been great and has a great partnership with Andre Beasty
  • Options
    Love the way tal plays the ball out of defence, low, fast, accurate passes. I am totally un-used to seeing this at Charlton. Every now and then a pass will go astray and sometimes we will pay, but that's far outweighed by the positives.
  • Options

I'm probably the only one who actually thinks this is a good signing.

• Options

Tal Ben Haim is bloody useless. Devoid of pace and unconcerned when caught out of position. He's not bothered and we shouldn't be looking

One of my favourites.

Jokes aside, he had proved a lot of people wrong this year. He is a player with champions league experience so it goes without saying that he will be able to cope with championship football.

The big surprise to me is his brilliant attitude
  • Options
    I thought at the time he was the sort of signing that might surprise and do a decent job for us. Done even better than that so far. I didn't get why so many were worried, not only thinking he might be no better than what we had, but expected him to be worse. Was it the situation at Portsmouth?