Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meet the board! (Something happens on page 16..........or does it?)

Comments

• Options
    Granpa said:

I am more concerned about an invitation to Meet the Board, which tells me nothing except that I cannot gather any information at all. Communication should be key at the moment instead of which we are getting the mushroom treatment, kept in the dark with shit piled on you.

Not to single you out @Granpa, but this is the kind of thing I mean. We didn't even know who owned the club in full previously and those in public view never used the Club's official channels to say a peep to the supporters. Not of any particular value anyway. The recording of this video suggests, in the least, that the new owners are prepared to address this. Yet, there's an undercurrent of "that's no good enough", before it's even been seen. Before it's even been released!
  • Options
    Pot holes possibly getting filled in but we need to sell one or two first

Potentially new smoke alarms in the bogs although the smoke alarm seems to have about 15 different distributors so trying to find the right one to work with

Could be a new range of pies..best to wait until the second half though as they're likely to be undercooked during the first 45 and will need to be roasted at half time....

What is there not to like.
  • Options
    I think people failed to read the companies house thread, where it said certain things will still being finalised , now that's all done we get some coms from the club and people are bursting to know what it says

madness the whole world is full of madness
  • Options
    Surely Lookout that is the difficulty - that it hasn't been seen by any of us nearly 24 hours after advertising that it would be made public "today" which started almost 14 hours ago. Surely the communications team understand that the fans have been starved of any communications with the owners for 3 years so why keep us waiting - that's the moan
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

If I'm honest, I'm a bit nervous about the reaction to this video on here. Given the cringeworthy "Welcome" that Ms Miere received, and some of the comments since, I can only wonder what treats some of our Lifers have in store. I'd like to think we can be a bit more mature about the whole thing.

...er...yeah good luck with that Lookie.
  • Options
    Anything less than Bale, Messi and McLeod and I'm setting fire to my season ticket in front of the Sky cameras.

Actually, maybe I'll set fire to last season's, just in case.
  • Options
    I disagree Lookie, though i have a fundamental dislike of 'teasers' in general.

In this instance, its just an interview. Interesting, of course. But not something to warrent such a lead up time from when it was at first teased. Rightly or wrongly, the communications aspect of the club has been difficult in the last couple of years, and took a big hit after that Barnsley postponement. I don't think any form of teasing is coming from a position of strength at the moment, imo.
  • Options

Oh, FFS

They tell us yesterday there is a video, it is interesting and it's coming up on player today.

That's it. The lack of patience and need to invent stories about players not signing etc is laughable.

Just wait and see. When you've seen it then comment but given the expectation has been ramped up so high already some are bound to complain when it doesn't list every player on our wanted list or the line up v Hudds.

Gawd knows how you get through Xmas eve waiting for your presents without some valium.

in the unfortunate circumstance that you are offended by this post please PM NLA and I will supply all valium required (street rates apply do not phone after 10pm as calls will still be charged yet you will not be entered into the next day delivery service)

CharltonLife are not responsible for this ad

8)

JOKE cyber OB

Sting operation, don't fall for it.

We all know you're a pig.
  • Options
    maybe we'll get just bits of the interview ... so they'll leave us hanging with a teaser so we tune in for the next episode

just like when they used to reveal a bit of the new kit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

An exiled clique member waits to watch the 'MEET THE BOARD' feature.
  • Options
    Nice of you to get all high and mighty beings you have already seen it. Do you the hint 'some people won't like this' may have made people more keen on watching it ?

Oh, FFS

They tell us yesterday there is a video, it is interesting and it's coming up on player today.

That's it. The lack of patience and need to invent stories about players not signing etc is laughable.

Just wait and see. When you've seen it then comment but given the expectation has been ramped up so high already some are bound to complain when it doesn't list every player on our wanted list or the line up v Hudds.

Gawd knows how you get through Xmas eve waiting for your presents without some valium.

• Options
    Prepare to be underwhelmed!
  • Options
    Anyone signed up to player on the strength of this?

Maybe there's your answer.
  • Options
    Mayb they mention the koc deal that's just been completed and they was waiting for that ?
  • Options
    Oh my days people.

As i said yesterday, it takes a surprisingly long time to edit together footage and i'm sure they have other videos that they're editing and doing other things on the website.

Plus this hype is fantastic for the CAFC Player service, how many people have signed up on this thread alone?
  • Options
    4 pages of cr@p. I expected something a bit more interesting. And it'll soon be Friday here.
  • Options
    henry aint seen it
  • Options

Oh my days people.

As i said yesterday, it takes a surprisingly long time to edit together footage and i'm sure they have other videos that they're editing and doing other things on the website.

Plus this hype is fantastic for the CAFC Player service, how many people have signed up on this thread alone?

Agreed about the timescales, although I doubt if many new people have signed up for Player off the back of it. The risk of what they've done is that they have built up a lot of expectation, but only the comms team would know if that was wise at this stage.
  • Options
    It's up.

Very interesting discussion on player recruitment I have to say, not sure it will please some on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was funny
  • Options

henry aint seen it

yep, that whooshed over a lot of people's heads

• Options
    West2003 said:

It's up.

Very interesting discussion on player recruitment I have to say, not sure it will please some on here.

I laughed at the TJ anecdote though.
  • Options
    Can anyone possibly rip it and put it on Youtube? Need to see this and I'm way too poor to sign up right now!
  • Options
    How many "so we're signing Messi" etc posts will there be now?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Can anyone possibly rip it and put it on Youtube? Need to see this and I'm way too poor to sign up right now!

They still haven't seen anything mate. Just having fun screwing with your head.
  • Options
    SE23 said:

Not tall enough....