Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meet the board! (Something happens on page 16..........or does it?)

Comments

• Options
    Has there ever been a more eagerly anticipated premier I wonder?
  • Options
    At the moment for me, it's more like Meet the Bored.....zzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Could be another takeover before we see this.
  • Options
    I reckon they discuss a player we were about to sign but that has now gone all tits up so they are having to re-record the whole piece.
  • Options
    kodfish said:

Could be another takeover before we see this.

well there was the suggestion that RD was only buying to pass onto PV for a profit ;-)

• Options
    I don't think we're going to get Mata....
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

If I'm honest, I'm a bit nervous about the reaction to this video on here. Given the cringeworthy "Welcome" that Ms Miere received, and some of the comments since, I can only wonder what treats some of our Lifers have in store. I'd like to think we can be a bit more mature about the whole thing.

What kind of video is this?

;-)

• Options
    I am more concerned about an invitation to Meet the Board, which tells me nothing except that I cannot gather any information at all. Communication should be key at the moment instead of which we are getting the mushroom treatment, kept in the dark with shit piled on you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My guess would be that there is something said in the video that they don't want releasing until either an announcement (contract renewal or player acquistion) has been made - and they expected it to be announced yesterday - otherwise why send out the tweet and the link yesterday! Maybe a bit optimistic - but why else!
  • Options
    maybe they will announce CP's new contract...
  • Options
    More interested in actions taken then a lot of words. Will Charlton have a competitive team in 2 to 3 weeks time sufficient to maintain our position in the Championships ? Other teams around Charlton are strengthening.
  • Options
    So I log onto CL and even 21 hours after the anouncement ........ everyone is still waiting to 'Meet the Board'.

Jeez, it's like waiting for Churchy to score.
  • Options
    vff said:

More interested in actions taken then a lot of words. Will Charlton have a competitive team in 2 to 3 weeks time sufficient to maintain our position in the Championships ? Other teams around Charlton are strengthening.

totally agree , talk is cheap

• Options
    I hope they're quicker at negotiating with potential new signings than they are at releasing this video
  • Options

Oh, FFS

They tell us yesterday there is a video, it is interesting and it's coming up on player today.

That's it. The lack of patience and need to invent stories about players not signing etc is laughable.

Just wait and see. When you've seen it then comment but given the expectation has been ramped up so high already some are bound to complain when it doesn't list every player on our wanted list or the line up v Hudds.

Gawd knows how you get through Xmas eve waiting for your presents without some valium.>

Who's says I do ;0)

• Options
    well the Prozac seems to help
  • Options
    What happens when there has been next to zero club communication over the past 3 years! The new Board need to re-build bridges with its fan base.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oh, FFS

They tell us yesterday there is a video, it is interesting and it's coming up on player today.

That's it. The lack of patience and need to invent stories about players not signing etc is laughable.

Just wait and see. When you've seen it then comment but given the expectation has been ramped up so high already some are bound to complain when it doesn't list every player on our wanted list or the line up v Hudds.

Gawd knows how you get through Xmas eve waiting for your presents without some valium.

in the unfortunate circumstance that you are offended by this post please PM NLA and I will supply all valium required (street rates apply do not phone after 10pm as calls will still be charged yet you will not be entered into the next day delivery service)

CharltonLife are not responsible for this ad

8)

JOKE cyber OB

• Options

Oh, FFS

Gawd knows how you get through Xmas eve waiting for your presents without some valium.

Someone's tired!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Oh, FFS

Someone's tired!!
    He didn't get much sleep on Christmas eve :-)
  • Options
    Why announce it and then not put it up? Baffling always going to cause unrest when there is no time cap and a lot of fans are interested to see it
  • Options
    This is what was announced yesterday..

Just completed a *very* interesting interview for @CAFCPlayer. Think fans will like it a lot. More details to follow on @CAFCofficial. #cafc

"Very interesting interview" "fans will like it a lot" - why would he tease us like that?
  • Options
    Probably hoping those that do not have it will rush out and subscribe to CAFC Player.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Think's he's bigtime because he's seen the link already. Absolute muppet

Weird post.
    He hasnt seen it... it was a joke.

• Options
    Just going on evidence Henry. Teams around Charlton are strengthening. Charlton are arguably weaker. No sign of any players to strengthen the team so far in areas that Charlton are weak. Nothing on contracts. The days are ticking by. Glad you are so sanguine and happy about the current state of play.