Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If the worst happens

Comments

• Look guys I drink in the lib too, so maybe I will say hi. My views are my views, I stand by them in person and behind a keyboard. I dont push them on anybody and am on here to have a healthy difference of opinion and debate about ut. Thats why I use my real name on here and dont hide behind anything.
  • edited January 2014
    the whole debate is dumb, Chris could be a great manager, hard to tell with some of the players we have. Awkward position all around.

Let's say RD gives Powell the money, and he still fucks up, relegation or he sacks him and brings in a new guy, it's still a risk, especially since we won't be able to get a top class manager. Really who is better than Powell that we can afford etc.

It's also frustrating that there's no signs of us signing anyone. We've got 3 new players granted, so we're better off than what we were in terms of depth, but I really think we need at least an extra decent striker to stay up comfortably.

All in all I just hope we stay up, don't really care how, then start fresh next season.
  • interesting..personally I do think Powell could do the job given some resources, and would like to see him given the chance, but I am also aware that other posters could be right and I might just have the rose tinted glasses on with the bloke being such a legend...I mean got to admit Southampton fans were furious when Adkins was sacked, don't see too many of them complaining since Pochettino came in..
  • I am sometimes in The Lib after games, what's happening?
  • #banter
  • You better go in disguise next time.
  • Everybody will want to introduce themselves to you ;)
  • Sounds like nerdageddon is kicking off down the Lib next home match.
  • WSS is well glad we don't have a home game for ages.
  • Well im definitely drinking in the Lib before the next game.

WSS with his ' I'm WSS come and say hi' t-shirt on

Banter
  • Sponsored links:

• Ultimately our morale will rise and fall with our results. Any manager who takes us back to the Premiership will be lauded. (Any chance of Curbs back ?) Chris Powell will always be a legend at Charlton.
  • Just had a Look at the Standard Liege site, and found that ticket prics for an adultvary between 43 and 26 euro`s. So most expensive ticket is £35.
  • im in the Lib most games-- i stand where i want and please dont introduce yourselves to me----EVER.
  • What an interesting thread. Might start going down the lib as it sounds like where all the action is. A bit like a saloon bar in the wild west but for Internet Forum posters.
  • Look guys I drink in the lib too, so maybe I will say hi. My views are my views, I stand by them in person and behind a keyboard. I dont push them on anybody and am on here to have a healthy difference of opinion and debate about ut. Thats why I use my real name on here and dont hide behind anything.

Hi Brian

Fair play mate. But putting your own face as your profile pic is taking it a bit too far.
  • WSS is his real name

Fair play mate. But putting your own face as your profile pic is taking it a bit too far.
    Was very lucky to get married last summer and that was my cake topper I was allowed.
  • Very, very lucky......
  • Sponsored links:

• im in the Lib most games-- i stand where i want and please dont introduce yourselves to me----EVER.

He's not the bloke with the rolled up Guardian under his arm.
  • WSS must be having plastic surgery.
  • WSSWSS
    edited January 2014
    Only to reduce the size of my c...
  • uie2 said:

uie2 said:

WSS said:

DMC said:

DRF said:

If he sacks SCP good luck with the upcoming season ticket sales.
    It's all conjecture at the moment but I expect him to offer Chris a new contract very soon .

This is the problem with baseless speculation. When some where calling for Parky to go, others said he should stay as we would get no one better. How many of those would in retrospect like to have kept Parky and not taken Powell?

For the sake of pointless speculation, do you really believe sales would suffer if the new board bought Curbs back? Or how about if we got Capello or any ther top class manager.

It is pointless to say what if when the future is so very unclear.
    Yes unfortunatly getting capello might be slightly optimistic! In my eyes the only forgivable way he could sack powell would be if he bought curbs back. I would find it unforgivable if he sacked chris powell otherwise.

On the bright side, if he does sack SCP, then at least there will be some nice cheap season tickets in league one!
    Why do you honestly believe CP can keep us up?! what has he shown you to make you believe that?
    Erm. Because he kept us up last year.
    yea but with much better players! obika,fuller,haynes etc ! ie money tight this season and they left
    But that isn't Powell's fault. It just shows that given the resources he can keep us up. So give him the resources.

sort of what i was trying to say ;)
    Yes, I was agreeing with you to make the point to others

• cs1986 said:

The worst is relegation not Powell going FFS. You support Charlton not Powell.

Got to agree with this. I am a Powell fan but the worst happening is not him being sacked, it is us going bust and not havng a club to support anymore. Perspective people.

Me to
  • Everybody will want to introduce themselves to you ;)

Hope they all buy you a drink - you deserve it!
  • And RD sacks Sir Chris, & replaces him with an unknown (to us fans) foreign coach, whilst still bringing in rejects from his other clubs, can I ask what the morale is going to be amongst the majority of us fans - not including the numptys on another forum who are calling for his sacking?

Will there be voting with our feet - ie boycotting games - or creating a hostile atmosphere at games where we make our feelings very clear?

Personally I am very fearful of our immediate future & do believe that SCP will get the sack. Without knowing much about him, I think RD is like one of the bad guys in the James Bond movies - eg the megalomaniac who wants to take over the world. What is to be gained by owning so many football clubs?

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see anything positive coming out of RD's takeover.

I hope your fears are unfounded.

With you not knowing much about the new chairman, perhaps we can allow him some slack. As he has another 5(?) clubs methinks he has some idea on how to run a football club.

Perhaps he has he business acumen that many of us do not have(certainly me!)

I will reserve judgement until the first game of next season/IF Powell is dispensed with before I make judgement.

Don't lose heart Parky!
  • So, 23 months after I started this thread, are you still paying to watch the club@Lincsaddick? Or is the situation as bad as I feared?

Hope the 2 of you who LOL'd still think the situation is funny and you are enjoying your football in a half empty stadium, with a clueless lying CEO and players not fit for the job
    (Literally in some cases, the perennially injured Igor)

If the situation arose where CAFC became little more than a nursery/testing ground for Standard Liege players, irrespective as to who was the manager, I would no longer pay to watch the club play. To me, such a situation would mean that CAFC was no longer the club which has been a part of my life since the early 1960s and I would want no part of it

---------------------------------