Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If the worst happens

And RD sacks Sir Chris, & replaces him with an unknown (to us fans) foreign coach, whilst still bringing in rejects from his other clubs, can I ask what the morale is going to be amongst the majority of us fans - not including the numptys on another forum who are calling for his sacking?

Will there be voting with our feet - ie boycotting games - or creating a hostile atmosphere at games where we make our feelings very clear?

Personally I am very fearful of our immediate future & do believe that SCP will get the sack. Without knowing much about him, I think RD is like one of the bad guys in the James Bond movies - eg the megalomaniac who wants to take over the world. What is to be gained by owning so many football clubs?

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see anything positive coming out of RD's takeover.

Comments

• If a situation which we don't know about, comes about, what will we do?
    I would sugggest the answer to that question is as resolved as the question itself.
    Or are you just looking for a baseless rant against RD along the lines of those against Jiminez?
  • As long as Di Caneo replaces him we'll be fine
  • If he sacks SCP good luck with the upcoming season ticket sales.
    It's all conjecture at the moment but I expect him to offer Chris a new contract very soon .
  • At least the season tickets will be cheaper in League One :D
  • Huskaris said:

At least the season tickets will be cheaper in League One :D

don't bank on it !!
  • Be interesting to see what this bloke charges for Season Tickets over here... i.e. Does anyone know if Standard Liege fans pay for some of the most expensive tickets in the Pro League?
  • If he sacks SCP good luck with the upcoming season ticket sales.
    It's all conjecture at the moment but I expect him to offer Chris a new contract very soon .

This is the problem with baseless speculation. When some where calling for Parky to go, others said he should stay as we would get no one better. How many of those would in retrospect like to have kept Parky and not taken Powell?

For the sake of pointless speculation, do you really believe sales would suffer if the new board bought Curbs back? Or how about if we got Capello or any ther top class manager.

It is pointless to say what if when the future is so very unclear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Huskaris said:

don't bank on it !!
    .....At least... At least we'll win some games in League one?!?!
  • And RD sacks Sir Chris, & replaces him with an unknown (to us fans) foreign coach, whilst still bringing in rejects from his other clubs, can I ask what the morale is going to be amongst the majority of us fans - not including the numptys on another forum who are calling for his sacking?

Will there be voting with our feet - ie boycotting games - or creating a hostile atmosphere at games where we make our feelings very clear?

Personally I am very fearful of our immediate future & do believe that SCP will get the sack. Without knowing much about him, I think RD is like one of the bad guys in the James Bond movies - eg the megalomaniac who wants to take over the world. What is to be gained by owning so many football clubs?

Ironic username !
  • If Murray was not part of the new set-up then I would be very worried about Powell and who knows, he may have gone already.

His position is precarious but not untenable, certainly while we hover above the relegation zone (which we will be in on Sat evening I think).
  • Great moniker ParkinsonOut for starting this thread. Can we assume you weren't on the barricades when Parky was sacked?
  • .... and Palace stay up, forever cementing themselves as a richer club than us....
  • Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

don't bank on it !!
    .....At least... At least we'll win some games in League one?!?!
    Don't bank on it!
  • se9addick said:

And RD sacks Sir Chris, & replaces him with an unknown (to us fans) foreign coach, whilst still bringing in rejects from his other clubs, can I ask what the morale is going to be amongst the majority of us fans - not including the numptys on another forum who are calling for his sacking?

Ironic username !
    What is all this @Sir' Chris s**t?
  • If the situation arose where CAFC became little more than a nursery/testing ground for Standard Liege players, irrespective as to who was the manager, I would no longer pay to watch the club play. To me, such a situation would mean that CAFC was no longer the club which has been a part of my life since the early 1960s and I would want no part of it
  • It has not been a great period since the new owner took over has it? (None of the next three are his fault of course) The Barnsley debacle, the Oxford performance followed by defeat at Middlesbrough.
    However what I find more worrying is the fact that we seem to have become a Standard Liege B Team-I would not mind if I had a clear idea of the strategy of the new owner, I wish the new players every success- but I cant help feeling that these are players that are being placed in S London are not agreed by the Manager but rather imposed upon him- if this is the case I really hope this is not having an impact on morale which must already be fragile given the contractual situation.
    All in all its not a happy picture all round, furthermore we seem to have swapped owners that did not communicate their intentions with another one.
    I so hope I am wrong but I have real concern at the situation at The Valley.........
  • Sponsored links:

• IMHO
    As much as I love Powell for what he has done for Charlton as a player as a manager (promotion?)and for his passion, he's not the greatest tactical manager, his football is very long and he has got it wrong formation wise recently I won't be that pissed off if he goes, I will support the new manager , if there is a new one. The club comes first, always, so if its best for the club then that suits me.
    If he stays, is allowed to get some players in that he wants, then I back him 100%.
    I think he is looking over his shoulder right now! If we lose to Oxford in the cup then I think he'll be away.
  • cs1986 said:

The worst is relegation not Powell going FFS. You support Charlton not Powell.

Got to agree with this. I am a Powell fan but the worst happening is not him being sacked, it is us going bust and not havng a club to support anymore. Perspective people.

• DRF said:

If he sacks SCP good luck with the upcoming season ticket sales.

This is the problem with baseless speculation. When some where calling for Parky to go, others said he should stay as we would get no one better. How many of those would in retrospect like to have kept Parky and not taken Powell?

For the sake of pointless speculation, do you really believe sales would suffer if the new board bought Curbs back? Or how about if we got Capello or any ther top class manager.

Yes unfortunatly getting capello might be slightly optimistic! In my eyes the only forgivable way he could sack powell would be if he bought curbs back. I would find it unforgivable if he sacked chris powell otherwise.

On the bright side, if he does sack SCP, then at least there will be some nice cheap season tickets in league one!
  • DMC said:

DRF said:

Yes unfortunatly getting capello might be slightly optimistic! In my eyes the only forgivable way he could sack powell would be if he bought curbs back. I would find it unforgivable if he sacked chris powell otherwise.

On the bright side, if he does sack SCP, then at least there will be some nice cheap season tickets in league one!
    Why do you honestly believe CP can keep us up?! what has he shown you to make you believe that? And why would we be going down if he is tin tacked?

So if he sacks CP and puts an unknown in and we stay up and possibly go up next season, that's "unforgivable"? Grow up and get out the guys arse!!
  • So?! That has to be the worst argument for CP I have ever heard! You are so naive!

Wenger won the league with arsenal once, he aint done it every year since!

Times change, its time we as a club moved with them before we get left behind!
  • Naive, up his arse etc...

Dan, stick to giving your view please. It's starting to get a bit draining all this
  • Why you jumping on me?

Im asking of the guy genuinely believes what he is saying and checking that he is ok.

Ive made points on here and been insulted and laughed at and ridiculed for my points. I didnt see you jumping to my defence then?

Whats with the different rules for different people?
  • WSS said:

DMC said:

DRF said:

Why do you honestly believe CP can keep us up?! what has he shown you to make you believe that?
    Erm. Because he kept us up last year.
    yea but with much better players! obika,fuller,haynes etc ! ie money tight this season and they left