Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sporting Director

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options

Good to hear we've got someone competent on the case, does she work more hours than Martin Prothero?

Who doesn't? :)
    Nathan?

Saw him last night.

One word. Dishevelled
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Good to hear we've got someone competent on the case, does she work more hours than Martin Prothero?

Who doesn't? :)
    Nathan?

Saw him last night.

One word. Dishevelled
    Near the players tunnel at half time? Could have been the blast coming from the home dressing room.
  • Options

I dont want to sound like an old maid but can we do away this sort of thing? Id cringe if she read it.

Agreed - and undeserving of someone who appears to be a very capable individual who is working hard to improve the fortunes of CAFC.

Nice one lads.
  • Options
    Have they come up with a new title for her job yet?

It is always a silly one. A title should indicate what you do in the job.

this is the sporting director, this is the stays at home and reads a lot dirctor, this is the self abuse ex director.....

• Options

Night-Meire as Airman will affectionately call her no doubt.

:-)

• Options
    I've bumped this because someone loled me.

Jeez... what a read, What hopes and what a load o shite.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Apparently I lolled you, I don't remember that! Suspect fat fingers on an iPad did it.

Although I agreed with the sentiment, I think I'll keep it there for the "someone who appears to be a very capable individual who is working hard to improve the fortunes of CAFC" bit. ;)

If only we all knew... Depressing really, there was a point where things could've been completely different. Makes the mind boggle as to how she's fucked up so spectacularly in every aspect of her role.
  • Options

Anyway, welcome to Charlton Katrien.

Hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to hearing more from you about the board's plans.

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Have they come up with a new title for her job yet?

It is always a silly one. A title should indicate what you do in the job.

this is the sporting director, this is the stays at home and reads a lot dirctor, this is the self abuse ex director.....

I think I was onto something here. Obviously sporting director was not good enough for her and I was suggesting the title should describe the job. Beginning to giggle already at the suggestions that we may come up with for a title that describes her job!

Go on. You know you want to!
  • Options

Night-Meire as Airman will affectionately call her no doubt.

January 2014.

Take a bow @carly burn ;)

She sounds as sharp as a tack.

Must be good for the club.

Expectations: sharp as a tack.
    Reality: dumb as a f*ck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I only found this thread the other day. I must have somehow missed it at the time. Perhaps I had more of a life then!

But 2 things I took away from this.

1) the Utter stupidity of them to call her the sporting director.

2) that the idea, as suggested by Roland, that we aware protesting because we have a woman CEO is frankly stupid. Most people were very happy we were being progressive and appointed a young female professional to the board. Take not Duchatelet we are protesting because she is incompetent. Her gender plays no part in this!
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Curb_It said:

Apparently I lolled you, I don't remember that! Suspect fat fingers on an iPad did it.

Although I agreed with the sentiment, I think I'll keep it there for the "someone who appears to be a very capable individual who is working hard to improve the fortunes of CAFC" bit. ;)

If only we all knew... Depressing really, there was a point where things could've been completely different. Makes the mind boggle as to how she's fucked up so spectacularly in every aspect of her role.
    Appearances can be deceptive.

I'm sure I won't be the last sad old git to fooled by her enigmatic smile.

Brings a new meaning to the phrase jail bait.
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

According to her LinkedIn profile we have over 1,000 employees at the club. Really!?

See, she started lying one day in to the job.... we should have known.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Have we done with the sexist stuff yet?

On that note, although I consider my victim was more Slater than Katrien, I did let the surrealist part of my nature run away with me a little by suggesting that they could be one and the same person (has anyone seen them in the same room?) Whoops I'm doing it again!

Enough now. Katrien's background (City and international firms on her cv) suggest that she is potentially very capable of doing the job.

If she proves herself unable subsequently then any criticism on my part will be because of that and not her sex.

I'm the father of 3 daughters all of whom have been encouraged to reach out and strive for what they can.

(Could it be Slater in drag?)
    I hereby reiterate my criticism of Meire is because of her general incompetence rather than gender grounds.

In my opinion if she possessed a beard and a geordie accent nobody would bat an eyelid about the criticism she has received.
  • Options

Jodaius said:

According to her LinkedIn profile we have over 1,000 employees at the club. Really!?

May include the total number of stewards on matchdays plus a small army of close protection personnel.
  • Options

Jodaius said:

May include the total number of stewards on matchdays plus a small army of close protection personnel.
    It is the number I have ponced a drink from over the years.