Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sporting Director

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Are we absolutely sure Slater hasn't done a Nikki Sinclaire?

Or is he still at the East Kent Addicks Back To The Valley do?
  • Options
    I can see this set-up working well. Richard Murray with an officially-sanctioned role as a spokesman for the club (clearly they see that communication has been a problem and they have acted quickly to fix that) and KM as Duchatelet's 'eyes on the ground'. If she is a lawyer and agent then she should have a good range of contacts to attract players, organise contracts etc.

I agree that it is early days, but, for me, th new owner has barely put a foot wrong.
  • Options

@JT your humour is doing better than your footy selections.

Really struggling this season I must say.

• Options
    As a lawyer, ideal person to negotiate contracts.
  • Options
    I bet she scores a few times before the end of the season.
  • Options

I bet she scores a few times before the end of the season.

It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it...
  • Options
    It is sad that this site has turned into a perving session on our new board member and everyone seems to rate her, simply as she is easy on the eye. Right..... now any easily offended people people will have got bored by now I would ruin that.
  • Options

hawksmoor said:

She has nice eyes. And teeth. She's growing on me. Yep. Great move.

Maybe so but what does she actually bring to the club?
    Football agent and agent of a few Standard Liege players I assume. Must have good contacts in the game and already works for Standard Liege so knows how a football club works, or at least how one of Roland's works. Fully expecting a few more playing arrivals from Belgian clubs now. She could be great for us or she could be the new Andrew Mills.
    I don't think she is an agent. The article makes it seem that way but I think it means she is the representative of SL rather than an agent of the SL player.

I thought that as well. When it says representative, I think it means representative of Standard Liege rather than the player.
  • Options
    JT said:

Not so hot me self this season, had 'nil pois' on more than one occasion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JT said:

peas?

• Options
    lolwray said:

JT said:

peas?

Don't be petit.
  • Options
    I'm 2nd connected to her on Linked In through a couple of contacts in my current job. Will mention it next time I speak with them.
  • Options
    Thought it was nil points, but then I haven't watched the eurovision in decades and obviously don't speak French
  • Options

C'mon , why all the secrecy?

so what did this mean AB?
  • Options
    More than ever I would like Airman to clarify this statement: "#cafc set to announce new sporting director, I'm told. Might surprise a few people "
    Why is she such a great suprise? I don't know her personally but surely someone involved in the owners other clubs can't really be much of a surprise?
  • Options
    DRF said:

More than ever I would like Airman to clarify this statement: "#cafc set to announce new sporting director, I'm told. Might surprise a few people "
    Why is she such a great suprise? I don't know her personally but surely someone involved in the owners other clubs can't really be much of a surprise?

Are you saying that the appointment of someone unheard of by virtually anyone connected with the club is not a surprise?
  • Options

can someone succinctly point out why Airman is getting stick ?

A bit of dick waving and a bit of ner ner I know something you don't.

To be fair I'm 99% certain that at least one other person posting on the thread knows who this person is.

Or maybe that he's a journalist at heart and isn't doing anything that any other journalist would. I think many on here just want to give him stick because he's Airman.

I'm as desperate for gossip Charlton wise as the next person, but don't mind a little suspense, keeps the ticker going.

As indeed does Katrien Meire. ;-)
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see what she does or does not bring to the table. I hope she works to get Powell what he wants rather than forcing signings like Wise and Jiminez did at newcastle.
  • Options
    I vote for leaving her to get on with it, and then see what's what.
    We are told she will be working at the Valley, was educated in, and knows London, and is Belgian like the new owner. On the face if it a smart move and a good fit. Welcome to Charlton Athletic Katrien.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Night-Meire as Airman will affectionately call her no doubt.

Bit obvious ... let's see how she gets on. Not interested in prejudging people.

I didn't have her name, but I thought the real story was in her gender and nationality. And it was a bit of fun with the club (rather than people on here) to force them into a statement, which as I knew she'd already started seemed fair enough. Think they should have said what she's doing, but I'm sure player contracts will be part of it.

• Options
    Chizz said:

DRF said:

Are you saying that the appointment of someone unheard of by virtually anyone connected with the club is not a surprise?
    Am, I suprised the new owner wanted one of his own people 'on the ground'?
    No, not in the slightest. I don't know her, but then I knew little about Duchâtelet or Standard Leige before last week. You can not seriously expect this man to part with a massive amounts of cash and trust it to those he doesn't know, hasn't worked with before, and who all know each other.
    Or is it that you thought he would be working full time at The Valley and abandon his other clubs to their fate?
  • Options
    Oakster said:

No one driving the comms agenda, hence allowing the story to run out of control before responding. Everything gets out and it always will, whether via me or others.
  • Options

Oakster said:

No one driving the comms agenda, hence allowing the story to run out of control before responding. Everything gets out and it always will, whether via me or others.
    Ah so you could also have used this...

• Options
    Don't you think maybe it was you who drove the story out of control?
    Kick someone and then claim it was their own fault for not wearing shin pads.
    New comms team (or at least new as in not the same managers who have been around for years), new owners, lets maybe let everyone find their feet before deliberatly tripping them up. Or is that too simplistic?
  • Options
    DRF said:

Chizz said:

DRF said:

No, not in the slightest. I don't know her, but then I knew little about Duchâtelet or Standard Leige before last week. You can not seriously expect this man to part with a massive amounts of cash and trust it to those he doesn't know, hasn't worked with before, and who all know each other.
    Or is it that you thought he would be working full time at The Valley and abandon his other clubs to their fate?
    No. You said "why is she such a great surprise?". I can't think of anyone who might have predicted this 48 hours ago. That's why it is a surprise.
  • Options
    From her LinkedIn profile:

Legal and International Relations Manager
    Standard de Liège
    September 2013 – Present (5 months)
  • Options
    DRFDRF
    edited January 2014
    Chizz said:

DRF said:

Chizz said:

DRF said:

No. You said "why is she such a great surprise?". I can't think of anyone who might have predicted this 48 hours ago. That's why it is a surprise.
    OK I'll meet you half way. I don't think it is a surprise that he bought someone in from Belgium. Yes it is a surprise because no one involved with Charlton could have guessed it would be Katrien Meire
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    DRF said:

Don't you think maybe it was you who drove the story out of control?
    Kick someone and then claim it was their own fault for not wearing shin pads.
    New comms team (or at least new as in not the same managers who have been around for years), new owners, lets maybe let everyone find their feet before deliberatly tripping them up. Or is that too simplistic?

You miss the point, though, which is that once it's out there you have to deal with it quickly. I didn't influence the speed of the club's response. That's why it ran out of control, but only on here even then.

If I had the story you can assume others did too. As I won't disclose my sources I can't elaborate on that, but it was a Tweet, not a splash in The Sun. We had a bit of fun with it on here and now it's done. Nobody's dead.
  • Options
    Yet.