Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sporting Director

Comments

• Options

DRF said:

Don't you think maybe it was you who drove the story out of control?
    Kick someone and then claim it was their own fault for not wearing shin pads.
    New comms team (or at least new as in not the same managers who have been around for years), new owners, lets maybe let everyone find their feet before deliberatly tripping them up. Or is that too simplistic?

If I had the story you can assume others did too. As I won't disclose my sources I can't elaborate on that, but it was a Tweet, not a splash in The Sun. We had a bit of fun with it on here and now it's done. Nobody's dead.
    Others that chose to keep it quiet?

I'm sure they'll be plenty of time for your sensationalism in the months to come. Just give it a rest for now aye.

• Options
    Sensationalism? Good grief.
  • Options
    sensationalism ????????????????? people need to get out more
  • Options
    DRF said:

More than ever I would like Airman to clarify this statement: "#cafc set to announce new sporting director, I'm told. Might surprise a few people "
    Why is she such a great suprise? I don't know her personally but surely someone involved in the owners other clubs can't really be much of a surprise?

Well given some people were speculating it was a former England manager, I'd say an unheard of female lawyer from Belgium was a bit.of a surprise !
  • Options
    first tongue butty with her at the Poty bash

35% plaaaaayer ......25% shag .....15% Jim Davidson ..... 10% Yohann Thuram..... 10% Richard Murray ..... 3% Fanny Fanackapan ....1% Airman Brown ..... 1% Henry Irving
  • Options
    naffing well surprise i had £100 on Diane Abbot
  • Options
    Sensationalism and scaremongering?!?!?! From a member of the labour party?!?! Have a word with yourself!

:)
  • Options

35% plaaaaayer ......25% shag .....15% Jim Davidson ..... 10% Yohann Thuram..... 10% Richard Murray ..... 3% Fanny Fanackapan ....1% Airman Brown ..... 1% Henry Irving

Oi!

PS is a tongue butty an euphemism?
  • Options
    tongue butty = old fashioned snog
  • Options
    So is she 'Sporting Director' then? Like a director or football who's job it is to sign players etc, or just another board member?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lolwray said:

JT said:

@JT your humour is doing better than your footy selections.

Really struggling this season I must say.

Not so hot me self this season, had 'nil pois' on more than one occasion.
    peas?

Minted ?

• Options

tongue butty = old fashioned snog

With tongues? Not before you were engaged in my day ; - )

Still angry with you that I'm on the same rating as Airman and below Richard Murray and Plaayer.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Yeah a bit of fun and all that. Ha ha n stuff.
    I would feel well pissed off if Katrien were my daughter/sister/wife/friend and in her new venture there was a constituency that only focussed on her gender, rather than focussed on whether she was going to do a good job as a capable person.
    I would be pissed off it were my relative, and I confess to feeling embarrassed about the sexist and borderline misogynist stuff on here towards our new director.
    Yeah I know political correctness gone mad, but some of the reaction really does lack class and is not saved by any humour.
    I guess Katrien can fight her own battles, it is just wearisome that she may still have to be mindful of the lumpen attitude of some.

I'm well pissed as a human being in the 21st century. I'm not really an advocate for PC and my sense of humour is more dick and fart jokes which can stick my foot in it and despise people who proclaim themselves as "liberal" and "open minded" almost elevating themselves over other people. But jesus, giggling schoolboys in this thread!
  • Options

They say comparing clothing is always a good icebreaker, so id have Plaaaayer as favourite as well.
  • Options

Just what are you saying, oooohahhhh ?

Anyway, a new requirement for the purchasing of tickets this year has been introduced.

You have to speak Belgian , NOT merely be adept at French kissing.

( Welcome, Katrien )

• Options
    can i be the first to say that this appointment worries me
  • Options

They say comparing clothing is always a good icebreaker, so id have Plaaaayer as favourite as well.
    At the POTY bash Plaayer only has eyes for his one true love - Chris Solly

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Sooooo.....

Have we established if she was a player agent or is that Red Herring?

In theory a person with experience as a lawyer and football agent should be an ideal candidate for poacher turned game keeper, but it didn't go all that well last time with whats-his-face Mills.
  • Options

No lee Ryan?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited January 2014
    Beaten to it :-)
  • Options

Sooooo.....

Have we established if she was a player agent or is that Red Herring?

In theory a person with experience as a lawyer and football agent should be an ideal candidate for poacher turned game keeper, but it didn't go all that well last time with whats-his-face Mills.

I don't think she was/is an agent. That article was just misleading. She is quoted as the representative of Leige not of the player.

So,

She has a legal background and a short time in football.

She has studied and worked in London before so knows a bit about the culture and I assume has very good English.

Airman said "sporting director" but that wasn't said in the Club statement. In any case titles don't really mean much. Her role has been explained in any detailed but she appears to be an executive director ie an employee but on the board.

She has had experience in negotiating player and other contracts so it would appear she is taken over at least that part of Martin Prothero's role. She will have Richard Murray for guidance on the football side as well.

Not clear if she is line managing the trio of David Joyes, Steve Bradshaw and Ben " this "vetting ze azzet" you talk of, what does this mean?" Kensell but as that was Prothero's role if not then who is.

Is she an MD/CEO or a holding director whose role is to look after RD's interests, report back on what is going on and suggest changes, recruit the MD/CEO.

Mme, there is a Belgo restaurant in Bromley. 6.00 and then on to the Bromley Addicks meeting for 7.45?
  • Options
    Slater was a Solicitor and represented his client so this looks a similar post. If you audit most Football club boards you will often find a trained lawyer assisting the management. Slater was unknown previously in this role, the difference here is she is a woman, nice looking so welcome and good luck
  • Options

Night-Meire as Airman will affectionately call her no doubt.

Bit obvious ... let's see how she gets on. Not interested in prejudging people.

I didn't have her name, but I thought the real story was in her gender and nationality. And it was a bit of fun with the club (rather than people on here) to force them into a statement, which as I knew she'd already started seemed fair enough. Think they should have said what she's doing, but I'm sure player contracts will be part of it.
    How much is she earning AB? :-)
  • Options
    barstool said:

Slater was a Solicitor and represented his client so this looks a similar post. If you audit most Football club boards you will often find a trained lawyer assisting the management. Slater was unknown previously in this role, the difference here is she is a woman, nice looking so welcome and good luck

One big difference is Slater was presented as the owner. No hidden ownership here.
  • Options
    WSA said:

From her LinkedIn profile:

Legal and International Relations Manager
    Standard de Liège
    September 2013 – Present (5 months)

Well experienced then ;-(

• Options
    Christ, how many sniggering little school boys does one message board need?
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Leave Christ outta this.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

12?