Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Safe Standing

Comments

• Options

It's gone, let it go!! The days of standing have long gone! Accept the positive change, grasp that you're in 2016, take a seat and stop peeing everyone off when you ignorantly stand up for attention! If you want to stand for 2 hours without a break get a job in the Household Cavalry.

You've grown up now, get over it.

Cavalry, by definition, have horses to sit on.
    Maybe a better analogy would be the Coldstream Guards.
    ;-)
  • Options
    That looks like about as much fun as being in a cattle truck heading for Dover.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

That looks like about as much fun as being in a cattle truck heading for Dover.
    What did you say about a southeasterntrain heading for Dover?
  • Options
    Hopefully, this will convince more teams to start lobbying their clubs and to get them to trial it.
  • Options

Hopefully, this will convince more teams to start lobbying their clubs and to get them to trial it.

The ultimate test will be the Old Firm Derby this season...

It looks like Celtic have sensibly put the safe standing into an area that'll be no where near the Away Fans so see no reason for it not to work
  • Options

The ultimate test will be the Old Firm Derby this season...

It looks like Celtic have sensibly put the safe standing into an area that'll be no where near the Away Fans so see no reason for it not to work
    The section they chose is where their "Green Brigade" stand. Everyone always stood in that area so everyone was delighted.

• Options

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/10/safe-standing-football-league-rail-seats

Significant step towards safe standing in league 1 and 2.

Covered End reverting to standing anyone?

Will make it look even more empty.......
  • Options
    Yes please
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hmmm I don't know where I stand on this issue.
  • Options
    In summary, teams that can't afford it and don't need it can have it....
  • Options

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/10/safe-standing-football-league-rail-seats

I read somewhere else they were encouraging club's to do it in lower tiers rather than upper tiers due to some kind of safety recommendation. So I suspect if it happens it'll be north lower not upper.
  • Options
    Safe standing covered End lower, with dirt cheap prices.
    Be a pilot scheme if needed, but get Efford involved and make it happen...it is possible for it to be safe, people stand anyway. it is a no brainer for me.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Is it worth worrying about?, the way things are going the crowd will all be able to stand up together in a phone box.
  • Options

I read somewhere else they were encouraging club's to do it in lower tiers rather than upper tiers due to some kind of safety recommendation. So I suspect if it happens it'll be north lower not upper.
    That's what i said, in the covered end.
  • Options

@Covered End Im sure you were walking last time I saw you? shame on you if you are claiming incapacity benefit.
  • Options
    Finally common sense is beginning to come through. Good first step.
  • Options
    Get this in one of the ends in our new 60k stadium that the new Chinese owners are going to build for us.
  • Options
    knees up mother brown
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017

That's what i said, in the covered end.
    Yes I know that. Sorry should have continued. Most of the supporters who stand are in the North Upper. Most of those in the lower sit. Will there be a movement between the two if this happens? I'm unsure?!
  • Options
    If it's only for League One and League Two does that mean that we would have to put the seats back in if we get promoted?

If so I don't think it will be justified.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    LouisMend said:
    Bit of a false story though isnt it?

Plenty of teams in the Football League (with Burton the highest team) already have terraced sections in their Ground with at least a quarter of League One teams also having terracing... If it wasn't safe they wouldnt been allowed to use those sections.

Difference here being that Shrewsbury are the first team that'll be allowed to go from seating back to terracing.
  • Options

If it's only for League One and League Two does that mean that we would have to put the seats back in if we get promoted?

If so I don't think it will be justified.

Under this mob, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    Did I see that West Brom are looking at it?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Did I see that West Brom are looking at it?

Yeah they've offered to be the Guinea Pigs if the Premier League choose to trial it.
  • Options
    If the Premier League get the green light I can see it becoming a fixture - the atmosphere at those stadia is starting to look a little flat on the TV and they can't have that.
  • Options
    At the Fans Forum meeting on 23rd June Katrien Meire stated that the club have no in principle objection to exploring the introduction of a safe standing area at The Valley.

She stressed that the club would want to canvass the views of fans and would wish to have secured a mandate from supporters before taking the matter any further.

She agreed to the suggestion from CAS Trust that the club might provide space for the Safe Standing Roadshow promoted by The Football Supporters Federation. This would enable supporters to learn more about the issue of safe standing in rail seats.

Tony Keohane noted that the club would need to be clear about the Championship's and The Premier League's position on the issue before proceeding.

CAS Trust have undertaken to liaise with The Football Supporters Federation about the roadshow.