Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Safe Standing

Comments

• Options
    Seems a bit strange that the seats will not be locked in either the seating or standing mode. What is the point of sitting in a standing area. Also only one standing position per seat so ground capacity is not increased.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Seems a bit strange that the seats will not be locked in either the seating or standing mode. What is the point of sitting in a standing area. Also only one standing position per seat so ground capacity is not increased.
    The price will be the same then as no saving. All about safety and choice.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Because UEFA insists games in their competitions are played in all seaters 
  • Options
    Jesus christ, lucky that wasn't a upper tier 
  • Options

Chelsea's Premier League game against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on 2 January will mark the return of standing to the English top flight after nearly 30 years.

Premier League clubs Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham and Chelsea and Championship side Cardiff have all had their applications to be part of a safe standing trial approved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59206130

• Options
    We'll never have it while Roland still owns the ground
  • Options
    clive said:

Chelsea's Premier League game against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on 2 January will mark the return of standing to the English top flight after nearly 30 years.

Premier League clubs Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham and Chelsea and Championship side Cardiff have all had their applications to be part of a safe standing trial approved.

Lol, every game I watch on match of the day the entire crowd seems to be standing. 
  • Options
    clive said:

Lol, every game I watch on match of the day the entire crowd seems to be standing. 
    Much of the upper tier of the Covered End is permanently standing. Just a shame that there wasnt a more enlightened view when the stand was built - standing on terraces was never dangerous per se.
  • Options
    The lower Covered End is the obvious safe standing area, especially as the rake and legroom aren't as good as elsewhere in the ground
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The lower Covered End is the obvious safe standing area, especially as the rake and legroom aren't as good as elsewhere in the ground
    Mistakingly bought tickets for the lower covered on Saturday, the leg room in there is a joke. Why any adult would want to sit there is beyond me. 
  • Options
    Premier League and Championship clubs will be allowed to introduce safe standing areas from the start of the 2022-23 season.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62029516
  • Options
    clive said:

Much of the upper tier of the Covered End is permanently standing. Just a shame that there wasnt a more enlightened view when the stand was built - standing on terraces was never dangerous per se.
    You think it would have been better to build safe standing into the ground while standing was against the law?
  • Options
    clive said:
    Premier League and Championship clubs will be allowed to introduce safe standing areas from the start of the 2022-23 season.
    Slightly odd that it doesn't mention what will happen to L1 and L2 clubs where it's not compulsory to remove terraces BUT you aren't allowed to convert stands back to terraces if you've already had to go all seater.
  • Options
    clive said:
    can't help wondering why this has been posted on a Charlton forum 

;) 
  • Options
    Should be compulsory. Currently most grounds have "unsafe standing areas" where people stand and spoil the view of others! 
  • Options
    Should be compulsory. Currently most grounds have "unsafe standing areas" where people stand and spoil the view of others! 

I have trouble standing up and completely agree with this. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    clive said:

You think it would have been better to build safe standing into the ground while standing was against the law?
    Of course he didn't & he didn't say that.
  • Options
    It requires new barriers (with fold down seats) for every row of safe standing.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    clive said:

errr...no
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    There's a very simple solution to that... 
  • Options
    Investment in rail seating/standing paraphernalia can only be likely in the 3rd division if clubs are under serious licencing threat from the selfish numbskulls who persist in standing in seated areas
    "Safe" standing areas aren't going to increase ticket sales and revenue so only an existential threat will make its introduction remotely cost effective - that is the only metric that club owners will ever use in the decision. 
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Investment in rail seating/standing paraphernalia can only be likely in the 3rd division if clubs are under serious licencing threat from the selfish numbskulls who persist in standing in seated areas
    "Safe" standing areas aren't going to increase ticket sales and revenue so only an existential threat will make its introduction remotely cost effective - that is the only metric that club owners will ever use in the decision. 
    I can't work out if you're having a go at standers, or if it's reverse psychology to force clubs hands.
  • Options
    I think the request has no chance of being adhered to. 

Standing is now fully accepted and expected and self regulation of who stands / who sits seems to work well. 

It would be interesting to see if any action were taken by the authorities how any club would respond, as I'd suggest that permanent standing is now  a feature in 99.9% of league grounds that don't have terraces.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Never thought I would ever priase Portsmouth/Fratton Park for their ground, but the work they have done in re cladding the terrace and putting in the safe standing was great.

This is long over due in at least the Lower Covered End, but for a variety of reasons we seem to be long way from it
    To my mind one of the best grounds in the league, and improving all the time. Classic location, historic architecture, fans close to the pitch and great atmosphere whenever we have visited.

I genuinely can’t think of an away ground I’d rather visit.
    Kenilworth Road? 😉
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Never thought I would ever priase Portsmouth/Fratton Park for their ground, but the work they have done in re cladding the terrace and putting in the safe standing was great.

This is long over due in at least the Lower Covered End, but for a variety of reasons we seem to be long way from it
    To my mind one of the best grounds in the league, and improving all the time. Classic location, historic architecture, fans close to the pitch and great atmosphere whenever we have visited.

I genuinely can’t think of an away ground I’d rather visit.
    It was during their PL era when they barley spent anything on it was what I used to hate about the place, while.other lower levels clubs were forced to spend millions on new stands/grounds.

The improvements Iast season and yesterday are really good