Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Donny | Post Match Views

12346»

Comments

• Options
    I think it is quite funny
  • Options
    The only comment I'd like to add, is that Donny are an ideal team for us at The Valley.

They didn't try & sit back & stifle us. They didn't "get in our faces" like Leeds. They stood off us & let us play.

We usually do well against "those type of teams".

It's the nasty, negative, in your face, hoof ball merchants that we struggle against.

Anyway, we played really well & Donny were as poor as we'll play all season.
  • Options

So the highlights don't show what sounded like the worst of Church's misses but that first one was hardly a sitter. Yes a top class striker probably would have buried it, but the movement, first touch and decision to take it early were all top draw. More to praise than criticise there imho (great pass from Cousins too).

For his goal it was again excellent movement coupled with a good bit of pace and a cool, perfectly placed finish in which he sold the keeper a dummy. Great pass from Jackson this time too. Was a really good goal, and so refreshing to see a Charlton striker getting in behind, doubtless helped by the fact we now have 2 or 3 players in midfield with the range of passing to find his runs. Based on last night's evidence, it appears they're now starting to look for those runs a bit more often too. Much to be encouraged by.

He's got a great attitude and a bit of skill and flair about him too. So far he's got 6 in 18 games this season - extrapolate that over a season and he should get around 16 goals. Hit a purple patch at some point and he could break the 20 mark, and that is entirely possible now we have JJ and Yann back who are both very important to our ability to create chances. I guess some people are just determined to bitch though.

The thing is he gets himself in there and he carries on getting himself in there even if he misses one, some strikers hide. If anyone deserved a goal it was him and it was well taken, he committed their goalie and got him to lay down as you say. His overall game is very good, he brings players in, hassles and harries their defenders and has good off the ball movement. We defend from the front (we have to) and he epitomises that, I for one am glad we have him.
  • Options
    I'd rather a striker that ran into space beating defenders with awareness, space and speed then miss 3 out of 4 chances than one who simply waits for it on a plate.. He's ideal to have in team, just need players in behind him running at defenders so he can pull off into space. Kermorgant's a much better all round striker don't get me wrong, but completely different in what they do and how they do it
  • Options

The only comment I'd like to add, is that Donny are an ideal team for us at The Valley.

They didn't try & sit back & stifle us. They didn't "get in our faces" like Leeds. They stood off us & let us play.

We usually do well against "those type of teams".

It's the nasty, negative, in your face, hoof ball merchants that we struggle against.

Anyway, we played really well & Donny were as poor as we'll play all season.

Er.... except when it's raining :P