Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Donny | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for posting that AA , that goal from Stephens gets better and better!
  • Options

That touch by Church when he missed in the first minute was class... Almost like how Shane Long brought it down on Monday night -.

Said the same thing to TelMc32 last night.
  • Options
    I was never the biggest fan of Dickov, but fair play for his summary of the game on the bbc website. He took the defeat, and the fact they had a 3-1 advantage from the abandoned game in good grace based on those comments. as for us, like many of you say, 'comfortable'. Saturday will be a lot tougher. Church will have to be sharper, as I can't see him getting that many chances.

Kermorgant does look a little reserved still, hopefully he's just feeling his way back.

Roll on Saturday, I think they can build on that result and it will give them confidence.
  • Options
    Still amazes me to this day that Yann was playing in League One a couple of seasons back. Best player we have by a long way, last night showed that.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Who would have gone in goal if Alnwick had got injured or got sent off?

That's a good question.

With Hamer injured, Piggott was added to the bench to make 7 outfield players.

• Options
    Absolutely loved the video on the club's YouTube channel which shows the goals from another angle. Great atmosphere !!!
    COVERED END CAM: Doncaster Rovers
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I was never the biggest fan of Dickov, but fair play for his summary of the game on the bbc website. He took the defeat, and the fact they had a 3-1 advantage from the abandoned game in good grace based on those comments.

Likewise, I thought when he was at Oldham they always seemed the embodiment of negative play, loads of niggling and time wasting etc. I thought Donny were trying to play good football both times I've seen them this year, though luckily for us they didn't succeed last night. He's gone up in my estimation. But if that wasn't an off night, they're going to struggle more than we are this season.

• Options
    I've just realised that by 5pm on Saturday we're going to be six points off the play-offs and one of the richest clubs in the world.

La-la-la-la-la
  • Options
    Just seen the highlights on Charlton Player. Church's first miss wasn't as bad as I was expecting. The way he controlled the ball initially was fantastic. He's got a superb first touch that boy. Sometimes it's more important to have a first touch as that at least allows you to get the shot off. If you can't create yourself that space and control it doesn't matter how good your finishing is.
  • Options
    @Davo55 You are not alone! The Sordellists live in hope of his arrival.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've just realised that by 5pm on Saturday we're going to be six points off the play-offs and one of the richest clubs in the world.

La-la-la-la-la

MEDIC!!!!!! :-)
  • Options
    Yes La La sounds about right lol
  • Options
    Good result and what chump of a 4th official when one of ours went over for a throw and he just dropped it on the floor in front of him.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I was never the biggest fan of Dickov, but fair play for his summary of the game on the bbc website. He took the defeat, and the fact they had a 3-1 advantage from the abandoned game in good grace based on those comments. as for us, like many of you say, 'comfortable'. Saturday will be a lot tougher. Church will have to be sharper, as I can't see him getting that many chances.

Kermorgant does look a little reserved still, hopefully he's just feeling his way back.

Roll on Saturday, I think they can build on that result and it will give them confidence.

Dickov wasn't very happy at one stage in the match. He didn't stop moaning to the fourth official for several minutes!
  • Options
    In reply to who was in the directors box - there was a bearded Mick McCarthy, Terry Connor, a carefully disguised Steve Lomas, and I was pretty sure Dougie Freedman was sitting in there too - but no Germans!
  • Options
    .... I didn't see any towels on the seats before kick off either.
  • Options
    Brad Friedel was in the Millennium suite...
  • Options

Seems like The Valley is the place to be on a Tuesday night!
  • Options
    What about Ballack, was he there? What about Jurgen Klinsmann???
  • Options
    Most relaxed I've felt watching charlton in ages. Donny weren't at the races last night and we played well enough to deserve the 3 points.
    Have to say Sordell is one of the laziest players I've seen in a long time. New keeper looked competent and Stephens is putting a good bit of form together.
    Was Pritchard dropped or injured? Either way we were better without him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After Dales goal Dickoff and his assistant were vehemently complaining to the 4th official ...... any ideas what they were complaining about
  • Options
    So the highlights don't show what sounded like the worst of Church's misses but that first one was hardly a sitter. Yes a top class striker probably would have buried it, but the movement, first touch and decision to take it early were all top draw. More to praise than criticise there imho (great pass from Cousins too).

For his goal it was again excellent movement coupled with a good bit of pace and a cool, perfectly placed finish in which he sold the keeper a dummy. Great pass from Jackson this time too. Was a really good goal, and so refreshing to see a Charlton striker getting in behind, doubtless helped by the fact we now have 2 or 3 players in midfield with the range of passing to find his runs. Based on last night's evidence, it appears they're now starting to look for those runs a bit more often too. Much to be encouraged by.

He's got a great attitude and a bit of skill and flair about him too. So far he's got 6 in 18 games this season - extrapolate that over a season and he should get around 16 goals. Hit a purple patch at some point and he could break the 20 mark, and that is entirely possible now we have JJ and Yann back who are both very important to our ability to create chances. I guess some people are just determined to bitch though.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

After Dales goal Dickoff and his assistant were vehemently complaining to the 4th official ...... any ideas what they were complaining about

That Stevo's FAR too good looking ?

• Options
    Kap10 said:

They wanted an offside before the thrown-in that was taken shortly before Yann's through-ball to Stewart/the goal.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

@Davo55 You are not alone! The Sordellists live in hope of his arrival.

The Sordellists shall inherit the East Stand. It is written.
  • Options
    any idea why JJ has his head in his hands after Dale's goal ?? did he have Church as 1st goalscorer & thus just lost his stake money ?? lol
  • Options
    Great win and sounds like a decent performance I was away on business but did a little jig around a bar in Dusseldorf last night much to the amusement of the locals. When I told them why one of them bought me a beer!

So a win and a free beer it doesn't get much better than that. And by the way agree that booing Sordell is not going to get him motivated. If these morons had two less brain cells they would live in the soil and need watering once a day.
  • Options

sign him up !!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Good win.

Powell out, he hasn't got a clue and we're going down.

I know you're joking but you do this all the time... and it's never funny mate.

• Options

Off_it said:

Good win.

Powell out, he hasn't got a clue and we're going down.

I know you're joking but you do this all the time... and it's never funny mate.