Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beer

Comments

• I'd agree with you but its been in my fridge for over a year
  • Guinness has become the official beer for the EPL for 4 seasons.
  • Been in Shropshire this weekend. Goodness, what a splendid area for beer. Special mention for the Ludlow brewery who produce some beautiful proper beer. This one is their blond, and was the first pint after a 14 mile hike, so doubly delicious. But the real star was their bitter, only 3.7% (as a bitter should be imo) but massively full of flavour and easy on your head the next day. We had an amount that I would describe as 'quite a lot'.
  • was down in Devon for a wedding over the weekend, and our b&b had various offerings from the local brewery all of which were very nice - Utopian Brewing
  • edited June 28

In Mississippi at the moment and have taken the opportunity to try some of the local IPAs. This is the best one I’ve tried so far, Death on Two Legs by Key City Brewing in Vicksburg. 
  • In the station bar at Braine l’Alleud. Note the low alcohol 6.66% Duvel. 

• In the station bar at Braine l’Alleud. Note the low alcohol 6.66% Duvel. 

Make sure you do not miss the train :)
  • Stig said:
    I'm a big fan of this. It might not be very trendy, not being cloudy or sour, not having odd ingredients or trendy artwork and coming from an established brewer. But, it's got this going for it: It's relatively cheap and it tastes great.

The only thing that matters is that you like it. Beer is like food, music, books, etc.  It’s completely subjective. If we all liked the same thing life would be incredibly boring. 
    Like Man Utd.🫤
  • Sponsored links:

• Off to a local gig at the wrong end of Somerville, so stopped at the local brewery. The built this courtyard with the brewery as an anchor tenant.  Two levels in a horseshoe layout, small food vendors everywhere, but being the USofA, land of the free, you can’t take your beer to any of the tables, but you can sit in the specially built drunks enclosure. Remnant Brewing, and this is their Diamond Lake DIPA, which is much better than i expected. I’ve had their beers in the past and they were a bit blah, but this is very good. 

Boston beer tour on Saturday with some friends. I will be posting, you have been warned. 

I'm guessing that you have a nice collection of beer glasses.
  • MrOneLung said:
    was down in Devon for a wedding over the weekend, and our b&b had various offerings from the local brewery all of which were very nice - Utopian Brewing
    Utopian are real masters at lager brewing; have brewed every style of lager you can imagine, with traditional decoction mashes. Their ales are very good too!
  • Off to a local gig at the wrong end of Somerville, so stopped at the local brewery. The built this courtyard with the brewery as an anchor tenant.  Two levels in a horseshoe layout, small food vendors everywhere, but being the USofA, land of the free, you can’t take your beer to any of the tables, but you can sit in the specially built drunks enclosure. Remnant Brewing, and this is their Diamond Lake DIPA, which is much better than i expected. I’ve had their beers in the past and they were a bit blah, but this is very good. 

Boston beer tour on Saturday with some friends. I will be posting, you have been warned. 

I'm guessing that you have a nice collection of beer glasses.
    Not really, never had anywhere to put them. Just a few Belgian specials, far to many London Drinker / Greenwich beer festival glass and loads of freebie US pints from brewery events. Now I generally leave any free glass behind. 
  • Second of the day - first one went by too fast after a shitfest of a trip in - it was a Clown Shoes Mangö Kolsch at Harpoon Brewery Fairly harmless. 

This is not Boom Sauce, but a Lord Hobo Bodacious Vagabond at the Lord Hobo Tap Room. 7% IPA. Nice and smooth, but nothing particularly special. 

• Well the plan was only one beer here, but we’re having a quick tropical downpour, so bonus beer, Lord Hobo Liquid Vacation, 5,5% IPA with guava and passion fruit. Very pleasant. 

• Second of the day - first one went by too fast after a shitfest of a trip in - it was a Clown Shoes Mangö Kolsch at Harpoon Brewery Fairly harmless. 

This is not Boom Sauce, but a Lord Hobo Bodacious Vagabond at the Lord Hobo Tap Room. 7% IPA. Nice and smooth, but nothing particularly special. 

Oi oi!
  • Boom said:
    Second of the day - first one went by too fast after a shitfest of a trip in - it was a Clown Shoes Mangö Kolsch at Harpoon Brewery Fairly harmless. 

Oi oi!
    Someone’s off to google Boom Sauce glasses….
  • So, we’ve been talking so much bollocks I’ve been neglecting you all 

Cisco Peached Whale was a daily harmless IPA (with peach) in the Cisco Beer Garden. Hit a hell, and full of yoof ( which is all over 21 here)

Next up, Trillium Daily Serving - Stawberry & Blueberry. Ok, but not the best.  I think blueberry kills the flavor in most beers and this was no exception. 

That was in the Trillium Fort Point brew house, now at the Greenway location, which is an outdoor bar between a couple of two lane roads. Hatch Shell IPA, 7.1%, very smooth, excellent beer, but the quality of the company is going downhill the more beer they drink 

• Boom said:
    Second of the day - first one went by too fast after a shitfest of a trip in - it was a Clown Shoes Mangö Kolsch at Harpoon Brewery Fairly harmless. 

Oi oi!
    Saveloy.
  • Sponsored links:

• In Recife for a couple of days, this Tangerine caipirihia was very nice last night.
  • Dry hopped lager at the Marlow brewery tap yard yesterday. Very good pint with more flavour than their standard lager, as you might expect. 
    An excellent long session with a good range consumed.
  • I don’t get fruit flavoured beers.
    🤢
    🤢
    Great, leaves more for me. 
  • Down in Brighton yesterday at the Independent taproom, up the top of the hill in BN2. Really nice pub good selection of beers. Some keg some Real ale.

had a Manchester bitter, a German wheat beer, and I very good stout from pressure drop brewery.o
    🤢

🤤

Pineapple and passion fruit, (very) hazy IPA. 
  • Mast Landing Neon Sails - a nice clean NEIPA, just the thing to go with half a dozen Duxbury oysters while I'm waiting for takeout at Summer Shack. 
  • IdleHans said:
    Rebellion special edition fruited sour. Very light at just 3%, gently flavoured and zingy. An excellent breakfast beer.
    @idlehans I like the look of that. Is it widely available?
  • Came back from a trip to Waterloo, Belgium with three 750ml bottles. 

Having this tonight.  10% quadruple.
  • edited July 19
    IdleHans said:
    Rebellion special edition fruited sour. Very light at just 3%, gently flavoured and zingy. An excellent breakfast beer.
    @idlehans I like the look of that. Is it widely available?
    Sadly not. It's a development brew - they produce a batch and when it's gone, it's gone. Unless you're within 20 miles of the brewery, you'd have to order online and pay courier fees. And anyway, this one has gone. I tried to buy a bottle of the hopped lager today - also gone, but I got the saison instead.
    But the tapyard is a great way to spend an afternoon...

https://shop.rebellionbeer.co.uk/