Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2018

Its the funal event before the Worlds
    2 massive exits have just happened in the 1st Round

Chris Wakelin 6-0 Shaun Murphy
    Elliot Slessor 6-2 Ronnie O'Sullivan HAHAHA>

pfft :(

So lets here his excuse for losing to another Numpty (in all fairness Elliot is a fantastic player and I can assure you will win events in the future, 2 quarters and a Semi this season) but Ronnie said most outside the top 32 are numpties
    He is going to lose to anybody on the tour regardless, he doesn't use the term 'derogatory' as people expect just like us calling people dicks its disrespectful but not as bad as people make out. Still not condoning it but i enjoy his arrogance and how he plays on the felt. Just because he uses the term numpty doesn't mean he isn't going to ever lose to anyone outside top 32, like i can lose at pool or snooker to players i consider inferior or casual player. Personally i wont be calling anyone numpties but thats just how he put it :smile:

It will be a dull game when he retires, thankfully he is in the form of his life going into the Worlds, so fingers crossed.
  • Options

China open started in early hours of yesterday morning.

Not gonna add qualifiers or pre qualifiers just going straighy from round 1.

Mark Selby 6-4 Scott Donaldson
    Ben Woollaston 6-5 Lee Walker
    Lyu Haotian 6-4 Liam Highfield
    Fergel O'Brien 6-5 Stephen Maguire
    Mark Williams 6-1 Thepchaiya-Un Nooh
    Yan Bingtao 6-5 Kurt Maflin
    Mark Allen 6-1 Noppon Saengkham
    John Higgins 6-2 Martin O'Donnell
    Jack Lisowski 6-1 Anthony Hamilton
    Gary Wilson 6-4 Ali Carter
    Joe Perry 6-0 Chris Totten
    Mark King 6-5 Peter Ebdon
    Kyren Wilson 6-3 Andrew Higginson
    Xiao Guodong 6-5 Jinmy Robertson
    Jak Jones 6-5 Nigel Bond
    Zhou Yuelong 6-2 Chen Zhe
    Neil Robertson 6-3 Robbie Williams
    Sam Craigie 6-4 Martin Gould
    Ricky Walden 6-0 Hamza Akbar
    Stuart Bingham 6-5 Matthew Stevens
    Graeme Dott 6-2 Mark Joyce
    Barry Hawkins 6-3 Sam Baird
    Michael White 6-5 Paul Davison
    Cao Yupeng 6-4 Luca Brecel
    Duane Jones 6-5 Liang Wenbo

Last few 1st round matches currently playing
    Ronnie O'Sullivan v Elliot Slessor
    Tom Ford v Yuan Sijan
    Luo Honghao v Anthony McGill
    Dave Gilbert v Mike Dunn
    Chris Wakelin v Shaun Murphy
    Craig Steadman v Ding Junhui
    Mark Davis v Michael Holt

Last few results from round 1

Elliot Slessor 6-2 Ronnie O'Sullivan
    Chris Wakelin 6-0 Shaun Murphy
    Michael Holt 6-4 Mark Davis
    Dave Gilbert 6-2 Mike Dunn
    Ding Junhui 6-4 Craig Steadman
    Tom Ford 6-2 Yuan Sijun
    Luo Honghao 6-4 Anthony McGill
  • Options
    The win for Luo Honghao is very good he has just been given a tour card last week after winning the WSF championship
    Since then he has won 3 matches in the China Open
    Pre qualifer against Eltahhan(130)
    Qualifier against Carrington(55)
    1st Round against McGill (13)
  • Options
    STUART BINGHAM MAKES A 147

Its the 4th professional 147 of Binghams career

Its the 138th professional 147 and 7th this season.

Bingham will now take half of Ronnies 42k
    35k for rolling 147+7k for high break.

• Options
    China Open Round 2 results

Lyu Haotian 6-5 Fergal O'Brien
    Barry Hawkins 6-1 Michael White
    Jack Lisowski 6-2 John Higgins
    Zhou Yuelong 6-2 Jak Jones
    Kyren Wilson 6-4 Mark King
    Neil Robertson 6-5 Sam Craigie
    Mark Selby 6-3 Ben Woollaston
    Stuart Bingham 6-5 Ricky Walden
    Cao Yupeng 6-2 Dave Gilbert
    Graeme Dott 6-2 Chris Wakelin
    Tom Ford 6-4 Elliot Slessor
    Ding Junhui 6-2 Xiao Guodong
    Mark Williams 6-1 Michael Holt
    Luo Honghao 6-5 Duane Jones
    Gary Wilson 6-4 Joe Perry
    Mark Allen 6-4 Yan Bingtao

So round 2 saw tbe end for Higgins and Perry
    Another win for Honghao 4 out of 4 since earning his tour card.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    China Open Round 3

Tom Ford 6-2 Luo Honghao
    Jack Lisowski 6-2 Gary Wilson
    Mark Selby 6-1 Lyu Haotian
    Neil Robertson 6-1 Zhou Yuelong
    Stuart Bingham 6-2 Graeme Dott
    Barry Hawkins 6-5 Cao Yupeng
    Mark Williams 6-5 Mark Allen
    Kyren Wilson 6-5 Ding Junhui

No real shocks today only non odds on to win was Kyren Wilson but that was hard to call anyway.

Mark Allen missed match ball red before Williams cleared up in the decider and could end up outside the top 16 if Ford or Lisowski win the tournement which would mean having to Qualify for the crucible.

Mark Selby picking up some decent wins and great performances, win this tournement and IMO he is back in with a chance in Sheffield
  • Options
    China Open Quarter Final Draw

Barry Hawkins(8) v Tom Ford(37)
    Jack Lisowski(33) v Kyren Wilson(10)
    Mark Selby(1) v Mark Williams(6)
    Neil Robertson(12) v Stuart Bingham(15)
  • Options

Day 2

Round 1

Whose the Numpty now

Seen people putting this on twitter , very sad. Firstly he himself has quotes to say what a good player Yan Bingtao so not like he has lost to any of the claimed 'numpties'

Watched the game yesterday, the best player won on the day and he is a great talent. No doubt future world champ, although i would add he did seem to get the rub of the green whenever he missed didnt leave anything, but very deserved and was doing to Ronnie what he was doing to everyone last week (English Open) he would miss one shot and effectively lose the frame. Sad to see Ronnie go out early and that will affect viewing figures/ interest but good luck to Yan hope he goes far in this tourney.
    Not at all said, he claimed players outside the top 30 are all numpties and shouldnt be competeing with the likes of him, he loses to someone ranked 54th, anyone can neat anyone on the day and everyone has to start somewhere, he needs to stop making comments like that and get on with his game.
    Yawn, there is no discussion in your eyes you obviously dont like Ronnie or what he has said. I am in the total opposite camp, although i dont agree with calling them numpties but he didn't mean everyone outside the top 30 he has even maintained previously he thinks Yan is going to be world champion so he wouldn't fall under the 'numpty' tag.

Also although it appears disrespectful he has been asking for a 2nd tour with parachute of payments and this is to look out for the players outside the top 64 and said they should do some form of league too. So in your eyes he is slating those not good enough, but to me he wants to protect snooker and get more people to come through.

Saw Kyren got 147 and then went out, shame he is a good player.
    When he made the numpty comment it was in regards to mark williams going to play a qualifier.

When this started he was talking to williams about having to pkay in qualifiers against numpties.

He then came up with this thing about a 2nd tour whih clearly came from management to.make him sound better

But the original context was he feels he is to good to play qualifiers.

The 2nd tour idea isnt great either, think how much experience these players get playing the big names.

Jack Lisowski is a prime example, the last 6 months he has gone from strength to strength up to 47th and will be higher after this tournament.

Currently beating Masters finalist Wilson 4-0
    Win the tournement and he is into top 16.

I have said it before and will say it again this boy has talent and will win an event sooner or later.
  • Options

Day 2

Round 1

Whose the Numpty now

Seen people putting this on twitter , very sad. Firstly he himself has quotes to say what a good player Yan Bingtao so not like he has lost to any of the claimed 'numpties'

Watched the game yesterday, the best player won on the day and he is a great talent. No doubt future world champ, although i would add he did seem to get the rub of the green whenever he missed didnt leave anything, but very deserved and was doing to Ronnie what he was doing to everyone last week (English Open) he would miss one shot and effectively lose the frame. Sad to see Ronnie go out early and that will affect viewing figures/ interest but good luck to Yan hope he goes far in this tourney.
    Not at all said, he claimed players outside the top 30 are all numpties and shouldnt be competeing with the likes of him, he loses to someone ranked 54th, anyone can neat anyone on the day and everyone has to start somewhere, he needs to stop making comments like that and get on with his game.
    Yawn, there is no discussion in your eyes you obviously dont like Ronnie or what he has said. I am in the total opposite camp, although i dont agree with calling them numpties but he didn't mean everyone outside the top 30 he has even maintained previously he thinks Yan is going to be world champion so he wouldn't fall under the 'numpty' tag.

Also although it appears disrespectful he has been asking for a 2nd tour with parachute of payments and this is to look out for the players outside the top 64 and said they should do some form of league too. So in your eyes he is slating those not good enough, but to me he wants to protect snooker and get more people to come through.

Saw Kyren got 147 and then went out, shame he is a good player.
    When he made the numpty comment it was in regards to mark williams going to play a qualifier.

When this started he was talking to williams about having to pkay in qualifiers against numpties.

He then came up with this thing about a 2nd tour whih clearly came from management to.make him sound better

But the original context was he feels he is to good to play qualifiers.

The 2nd tour idea isnt great either, think how much experience these players get playing the big names.

Jack Lisowski is a prime example, the last 6 months he has gone from strength to strength up to 47th and will be higher after this tournament.

Currently beating Masters finalist Wilson 4-0
    Win the tournement and he is into top 16.

I have said it before and will say it again this boy has talent and will win an event sooner or later.
    Hope so he has alot of talent and always thought he would be better than trump. Having a very good year and would be good to see him get there without qualifiers.
  • Options
    Lisowski lost 6-5, gutting that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    China Open Quarter Finals

Mark Selby 6-2 Mark Williams
    Barry Hawkins 6-5 Tom Ford
    Neil Robertson 6-0 Stuart Bingham
    Kyren Wilson 6-5 Jack Lisowski

So we now know the top 16 and who automatically qualifies for Sheffield and Mark Allen will be breathing a sigh of relif, the only thing that can still change is whetr Hawkins, Robertson and Wilson finish in the top 16 as to what section of the draw they are in.

Mark Selby has found his A game 5 centuries over 130 in this event the next highest is Ding and Williams both with 2, he now hasnt lost in the China open since his quarter final defeat in 2014,
    2015 he won
    2016 he didnt enter due to personal reasons
    2017 he won
    2018 he is in the semi final.
  • Options
    China Open semi final

Mark Selby (1) v Kyren Wilson (10)
    Neil Robertson (12) v Barry Hawkins (8)

These matches are played over 2 sessions best of 19
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    China Open Final
    First session

Mark Selby 8-2 Barry Hawkins

Mark needs 3 more frames when the resume later.

If he wins Selby will gurantee ending the season as world number 1 for a 7th year in a row, his streak would take him 1 above Ray Reardon he would be level with Steve Davis and 1 behind the longest ever streak which is Stephen Hendry with 8 years between 89/90 and 96/97
  • Options
    Selby back winning just before the World Championship, could be dangerous. Class act, hope Ronnie can have the upper hand this year.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Selby back winning just before the World Championship, could be dangerous. Class act, hope Ronnie can have the upper hand this year.

Selby after today will have won 13 matches in a row over 2 or more session. Not losing since the Shanghai masters final in 2016.

He really is the best player over the longer distance matches.
  • Options
    MARK SELBY IS CHINA OPEN CHAMPION

China Open Final
    Mark Selby 11-3 Barry Hawkins
  • Options
    And for Selby to be number one ranked for so long in an era with so many dangerous players is an amazing feat.

Doesnt get nowhere near the recognition he should outside of the game.

• Options
    I make him favourite for the Worlds.
  • Options
    Draw for World Championship Qualifiers which starts on Wednesday

Ryan Day v Igor Figueiredo
    Mitchell Mann v Peter Lines
    Robbie Williams v Jak Jones
    Peter Ebdon v James Wattana
    Zhou Yuelong v Ian Preece
    Daniel Wells v Kurt Dunham
    Tom Ford v Leo Fernandez
    Liam Highfield v Chen Zhe
    Matthew Selt v Ng On Yee(Yee is current women's world Champion)
    Mark Joyce v Adam Duffy
    Mei Xi Wen v Basem Eltahhan
    Xiao Guodong v Chris Totten
    Stuart Carrington v Nigel Bond
    Ben Woollaston v Kacper Filipiak
    Zhang Anda v Zhang Yong
    Martin Gould v Paul S Davison
    Graeme Dott v Adrian Justin Ridley
    Akani Songsermsawad v Lukas Kleckers
    Dominic Dale v Reanne Evans
    Mike Dunn v Duane Jones
    Michael Holt v Thor Chuan Leong
    Elliot Slessor v Eden Sharav
    Robert Milkins v Aaron Canavan(Canavan is World seniors champion)
    Scott Donaldson v Tyler Rees
    Rory McLeod v Ian Burns
    Li Hang v Ashley Hugill
    Lyu Haotian v Fang Xiongman
    Anthony Hamilton v Martin O'Donnell
    Matthew Stevens v Ryan Thomerson
    Fergal O'Brien v Yuan SiJun
    Ken Doherty v Josh Boileau
    Mark King v Gerard Greene
    Liang Wenbo v Rod Lawler
    Zhao Xintong v Aditya Mehta
    Yu De Lu v Sean O'Sullivan
    Jamie Jones v Craig Steadman
    Jack Lisowski v Christopher Keogan
    David Grace v Wang Yuchen
    Alan McManus v Rhys Clark
    Oliver Lines v Harvey Chandler
    Andrew Higginson v David John
    Cao Yupeng v Robin Hull
    Lee Walker v Kristjan Helgason
    Ricky Walden v Joe Swail
    Michael Georgiou v Matthew Bolton
    Mark Davis v Sanderson Lam
    Sam Craigie v Jimmy White
    Joe Perry v Ross Muir
    Yan Bingtao v Jackson Page(battle of probably the best 2 players under 19)
    Tian Pengfei v Li Yuan
    Kurt Maflin v Hamza Akbar
    Chris Wakelin v Xu Si
    David Gilbert v Billy Joe Castle
    Alfie Burden v Jamie Curtis-Barrett
    Gary Wilson v Adam Stefanow
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Alexander Ursenbacher
    Sam Baird v Soheil Vahedi
    Jimmy Robertson v Alex Borg
    John J Astley v Marvin Lim
    Michael White v Niu Zhuang
    Noppon Saengkham v Chen Zifan
    Hossein Vafaei v Jamie Cope
    Hammad Miah v Jordan Brown
    Stephen Maguire v Allan Taylor
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    No highlight for Reanne Evans? Tough draw for the 2 ladies
    Agreed Yan v Page is a tough draw for Page, shame cant see him winning that one. Yan future world champ, but a bit too soon for me.
    Seems quite a tough first round of fixtures, probably a tough one to call who goes through at this point.

Getting excited, love following even the qualifiers.

Good blog to read if anyone doesn't follow already : http://www.snookerbacker.com/
    preview to the qualifiers on there too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Agreed Yan v Page is a tough draw for Page, shame cant see him winning that one. Yan future world champ, but a bit too soon for me.
    Seems quite a tough first round of fixtures, probably a tough one to call who goes through at this point.

Good blog to read if anyone doesn't follow already : http://www.snookerbacker.com/

Sorry thought I had lol
    Trying to quickly type up draw whilst on bus on the way to pick my son up from nursery lol.

• Options

Sorry thought I had lol
    Trying to quickly type up draw whilst on bus on the way to pick my son up from nursery lol.

Dont apologise mate, its cool wasn't sure if was meant or not :) I do root for the ladies, last year think Reanne got through first qualifying round, but 2 tough games this year so would be a major upset.
  • Options

Sorry thought I had lol

Dont apologise mate, its cool wasn't sure if was meant or not :) I do root for the ladies, last year think Reanne got through first qualifying round, but 2 tough games this year so would be a major upset.
    Last year
    On Yee lost 10-1 to Nigel Bond in Q1
    Evans beat Hull 10-8 in Q1 before losing 10-6 to Lee Walker in Q2

On Yee lost 10-1 to Peter Lines in Q1

Evans lost 10-8 to Doherty in Q1
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    KO today:
    TV games, they will be on eurosport player (Need subscription) and selecting betting sites)
    10am: England Matthew Selt [57] v Hong Kong Ng On Yee (af)
    England Martin Gould [24] v England Paul S Davison [112]

12:30: Scotland Graeme Dott [21] v Australia Adrian Ridley (a)
    England Michael Holt [28] v Malaysia Thor Chuan Leong [97]

7PM: England Matthew Selt [57] v Hong Kong Ng On Yee (af)
    England Martin Gould [24] v England Paul S Davison [112]

Edit- Sorry they were CET so updated
  • Options
    World Championship Qualifiers
    Round 1
    1st session results(not every match managed to fit 9 frames in)

Matthew Selt 8-1 Ng On Yee
    Adam Duffy 6-3 Mark Joyce
    Mei XiWen 5-3 Basem Eltahhan
    Xiao Guodong 8-1 Chris Totten
    Stuart Carrington 4-3 Nigel Bond
    Ben Woollaston 4-4 Kacper Filipiak
    Zhang Anda 7-2 Zhang Yong
    Martin Gould 5-3 Paul Davison
    Robert Milkins 8-1 Aaron Canavan
    Scott Donaldson 7-1 Tyler Rees
    Elliot Slessor 5-3 Eden Sharav

Will probably update the afternoon matches and the 2nd session of these matches when they conclude tonight
  • Options
    World Championship Qualifiers.
    Round 1
    Results

Zhang Anda 10-6 Zhang Yong
    Scott Donaldson 10-5 Tyler Rees
    Martin Gould 10-4 Paul Davison
    Xiao Guodong 10-3 Chris Totten
    Adam Duffy 10-4 Mark Joyce
    Robert Milkins 10-1 Aaron Canavan
    Matthew Selt 10-1 Ng On Yee
    Elliot Slessor 10-7 Eden Sharav
    Ben Woollaston 10-5 Kacper Filipiak
    Mei XiWen 10-8 Basem Eltahhan
    Stuart Carrington 8-8 Nigel Bond (i am going to bed will update final score in this 1 tomorrow still another 3 frames possible)

Round 1
    1st session results (again not all managed to get the 9 frames in the session)

Dominic Dale 5-3 Reanne Evans
    Graeme Dott 9-0 Adrian Ridley
    Mike Dunn 5-4 Duane Jones
    Martin O'Donnell 5-1 Anthony Hamilton
    Lyu Haotian 5-4 Fang Xiongman
    Thor Chuan Leong 5-4 Michael Holt
    Li Hang 4-3 Ashley Hugill
    Rory McLeod 4-3 Ian Burns
    Akani Songsermsawad 5-2 Lukas Kleckers
    Aditya Mehta 5-4 Zhao Xintong
  • Options
    Cheers Paulie, update for Stuart Carrington 8-8 Nigel Bond (i am going to bed will update final score in this 1 tomorrow still another 3 frames possible

Stuart Carrington won 10-9, match finished 2:04am

Had last pool game of the season last night and we needed one frame to win division one (Tunbridge Wells league), we won 6-3 :) also been asked to play for Kent B side (Blackball rules), still got a cup semi final - Scotch doubles, so been a good season.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    World Championship Qualifiers
    Round 1 results(despite having 2 sessions finihsed alot of matches havent actually finished yet)

Graeme Dott 10-1 Adrian Ridley
    Mike Dunn 10-8 Duane Jones
    Lyu Haotian 10-8 Fang Xiongman
    Michael Holt 10-7 Thor Chuan Leong
    Akani Songsermsawad 10-4 Lukas Kleckers
    Dominic Dale 9-7 Reanne Evans
    Martin O'Donnell 7-4 Anthony Hamilton
    Li Hang 8-7 Ashley Hugill
    Rory McLeod 7-7 Ian Burns
    Zhao Xintong 9-8 Aditya Mehta
  • Options
    LIANG WENBO HAS MADE HIS 3RD CAREER 147 AND HIS 2ND THIS SEASON.

He then missed the black and finished on 140 for a potential second 147 of the match
  • Options
    5 147's in 2018 now and we are up to 139 in profesional snooker now