Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

That last score !!!

I know, not 1 person would have called that
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

That last score !!!

I know, not 1 person would have called that
    I thought he was a cert to win that and he's 9-0 down. Crazy game.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

That last score !!!

Wow, thats unbelievable! i was out last night so just catching up, glad Jack Lisowski is doing well.

Welcome @Swerve i bet you excited to see who you will be seeing? whos your fave?

I have never been to the Crucible, mates have but never really got round to it. Been to a few events like welsh open etc. but never the main one.
  • Options
    There an interesting interview with Ronnie in today’s Metro.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

That last score !!!

Wow, thats unbelievable! i was out last night so just catching up, glad Jack Lisowski is doing well.

Welcome @Swerve i bet you excited to see who you will be seeing? whos your fave?

I have never been to the Crucible, mates have but never really got round to it. Been to a few events like welsh open etc. but never the main one.
    We went a couple of years ago and got to see Selby, as well as Mark Williams who was great value, so it would be great to see him play again.

That’s my only experience of live snooker though, really enjoyed it and we said we would go every year after that but struggled for tickets last time, I guess as it was the Crucible anniversary.

Hope my earpiece for the commentary still works :-)
  • Options
    Just done the programme and large screen in Tudor Square outside the Crucible. Ronnie will smash it this year.
  • Options

Just done the programme and large screen in Tudor Square outside the Crucible. Ronnie will smash it this year.

Gotta say i disagree.

Said it before and will say it again
    He wont win the worlds again.

5 matches over more than 1 session in a row he doesnt have to mental ability to cope.

Shorter events are so much better for him.
  • Options
    The game is all in Ronnie's head. If he believes he can win the world championship every year until he retires then he could. However he is so negative about the format in that article that I would have to agree that he will not win it again.
  • Options

Would hope so, has a chance but still Selby the man to beat. Still disagree respectfully with Paulie that he will not win it again, but feel this would be one of his best chances. Although the way the draw has panned out will be a tough run. Agree with @johnny73

@Swerve have a fantastic time, i am very jealous! Hope you get a good draw, but they should all be decent this year. Marco Fu, most qualifiers will want to play as he has withdrawn alot and barely played. So potential shock there, but await the draw until we can see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    World Championship Qualifiers
    Round 3 results

Chris Wakelin 10-1 Tian Pengfei
    Matthew Stevens 10-2 Ken Doherty
    Robert Milkins 10-3 Michael Holt
    Ricky Walden 10-6 Andrew Higginson
    Graeme Dott 10-7 Mike Dunn
    Joe Perry 10-7 Mark Davis
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 10-8 Alfie Burden
    Stuart Carrington 10-8 Zhang Anda

Chris Wakelin-Crucible Debut
    Matthew Stevens-16th apperance(losing finalist twice)
    Robert Milkins-8th Apperance (lost in 2nd round twice)
    Ricky Walden-7th Apperance (Losing semi finalist once)
    Graeme Dott-19th Apperance (Former Champion)
    Joe Perry-16th Apperance (Losing semi finalist once)
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh-Crucible Debut
    Stuart Carrington-3rd Apperance (Lost in 1st round twice)
  • Options
    ATM we know 24/32 players
    In ranking order

Mark Selby (1)
    Ronnie O'Sullivan (2)
    Ding Junhui (3)
    Judd Trump (4)
    John Higgins (5)
    Barry Hawkins (6)
    Mark Williams (7)
    Shaun Murphy (8)
    Kyren Wilson (9)
    Neil Robertson (10)
    Marco Fu (11)
    Stuart Bingham (12)
    Luca Brecel (13)
    Anthony McGill (14)
    Ali Carter (15)
    Mark Allen (16)
    Graeme Dott(21)
    Joe Perry(22)
    Ricky Walden(27)
    Robert Milkins (37)
    Matthew Stevens (52)
    Chris Wakelin (55)
    Stuart Carrington (56)
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh (58)
  • Options
    World Championship Qualifing
    Round 3 results

Jamie Jones 10-0 Liang Wenbo
    Xiao Guodong 10-1 Adam Duffy
    Lyu Haotian 10-2 Rory McLeod
    Jack Lisowski 10-3 Alan McManus
    Liam Highfield 10-4 Daniel Wells
    Ryan Day 10-6 Peter Ebdon
    Jimmy Robertson 10-7 Michael White
    Stephen Maguire 10-7 Hossein Vafaei

Jamie Jones-3rd Apperance(losing Quarter Finalist once)
    Xiao Guodong-3rd Apperance(lost in 2nd round once)
    Lyu Haotian-Crucible Debut
    Jack Lisowski-2nd Apperance (lost in 1st round once)
    Liam Highfield-Crucible Debut
    Ryan Day-13th Apperance (lost in Quarter Finals 3 times)
    Jimmy Robertson-4th Apperance (lost in 1st round 3 times)
    Stephen Maguire-15th Apperance (lost in Semi final twice)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    THE FULL LIST OF 32 PLAYERS HEADING TO SHEFFIELD

Mark Selby (1)
    Ronnie O'Sullivan (2)
    Ding Junhui (3)
    Judd Trump (4)
    John Higgins (5)
    Barry Hawkins (6)
    Mark Williams (7)
    Shaun Murphy (8)
    Kyren Wilson (9)
    Neil Robertson (10)
    Marco Fu (11)
    Stuart Bingham (12)
    Luca Brecel (13)
    Anthony McGill (14)
    Ali Carter (15)
    Mark Allen (16)
    Ryan Day (17)
    Stephen Maguire (18)
    Graeme Dott(21)
    Joe Perry(22)
    Xiao Guodong (25)
    Ricky Walden(27)
    Jack Lisowski (30)
    Jimmy Robertson (34)
    Robert Milkins (37)
    Jamie Jones (51)
    Matthew Stevens (52)
    Chris Wakelin (55)
    Stuart Carrington (56)
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh (58)
    Liam Highfield (64)
    Lyu Haotian (68)
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

The game is all in Ronnie's head. If he believes he can win the world championship every year until he retires then he could. However he is so negative about the format in that article that I would have to agree that he will not win it again.

If he plays like he played in the Players where he played within himself then he has a great chance. By that I mean that he wasn't always at his best but he was solid, played good safety, played the right shots at the right time and raised his game at the key moments. I still make Selby favourite but if O'Sullivan plays his best match snooker then he can win. I have a gut feeling that O'Sullivan won't win it.

• Options
    Think I added them up correct

@MrOneLung got 8 out of 16
    @johnnybev1987 got 9 out of 16
    @paulie8290 got 10 out of 16

Just about edged you guys
  • Options

Was just counting up as we speak. Not easy one to predict. Same again for 1st round?
    Well done 10/16 not a bad effort, a few shocks for me.
  • Options

Was just counting up as we speak. Not easy one to predict. Same again for 1st round?
    Cheers and yeah dissapointed I put my faith in a couple of lower ranked players who had good earlier rounds but couldnt do it in the final round, Like Burden and Duffy.

TBH I am just glad I came 1st all the work I do all the snooker I watch, would have been gutted if I hadnt lol.
  • Options
    Nice work paulie
  • Options

Cheers and yeah dissapointed I put my faith in a couple of lower ranked players who had good earlier rounds but couldnt do it in the final round, Like Burden and Duffy.

TBH I am just glad I came 1st all the work I do all the snooker I watch, would have been gutted if I hadnt lol.
    It was a good challenge, shame you beat me but again wasn't much in it with @MrOneLung also in the reckoning.

Draw delayed till midday now.... Once up will do the same a prediction just for fun with you lot or anyone on here who fancies it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Gotta say i disagree.

5 matches over more than 1 session in a row he doesnt have to mental ability to cope.

Ronnie's playing mind games I reckon.

My shilling is on him for the World's this year.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Gotta say i disagree.

For me the proof is in the pudding.

Yes I dont like Ronnie
    Yes I Think he is an arrogant twat
    Yes to me Hendry is the GOAT

But honestly look at the facts
    He has not won a worlds since 2013
    No final since 2014
    2015-quarter final exit 13-9 to Stuart Bingham
    2016-2nd round exit 13-12 to Barry Hawkins
    2017-quarter final exit 13-10 to Ding Junhui

Not got past the quarters in 3 years yet still the bookies favourite
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Gotta say i disagree.

Yes I dont like Ronnie

No final since 2014

He is Favourite because he has won 5 tourneys this season, yes admittedly they are not as long format as the Worlds but that is the main reason as he has been the best player and won the most money.

Personally , although i am probably repeating myself. I feel he has at least one more in him, if he can get this year possibly another. Time is running out, but he is playing some of his best stuff now, just needs to be in the right mindset and not get bored/ frustrated for 3 weeks. Not an easy task and if he ends up playing Selby in the final it will be a cracker! Ronnie grinds out a bit more than he used to aswell now so there is still a chance even if not playing his A game he will still be able to get the job done.

To me Ronnie is GOAT, but can argue the case for and against with Hendry/ Davis. As much as he does have some haters most people will agree he is the best person to watch/ most entertaining.

Ronnie has a tough half of the draw so still wouldn't suprise me if he doesn't get to the final either, fingers crossed this is his year.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Gotta say i disagree.

Yes I dont like Ronnie

No final since 2014

He is Favourite because he has won 5 tourneys this season, yes admittedly they are not as long format as the Worlds but that is the main reason as he has been the best player and won the most money.

Personally , although i am probably repeating myself. I feel he has at least one more in him, if he can get this year possibly another. Time is running out, but he is playing some of his best stuff now, just needs to be in the right mindset and not get bored/ frustrated for 3 weeks. Not an easy task and if he ends up playing Selby in the final it will be a cracker! Ronnie grinds out a bit more than he used to aswell now so there is still a chance even if not playing his A game he will still be able to get the job done.

To me Ronnie is GOAT, but can argue the case for and against with Hendry/ Davis. As much as he does have some haters most people will agree he is the best person to watch/ most entertaining.

Ronnie has a tough half of the draw so still wouldn't suprise me if he doesn't get to the final either, fingers crossed this is his year.
    Got to say I disagree,

As soon as last years event finished and odds went up he was favourite.

When he took time out the game he was favourite.

He could have lost in 1st round every event this yeat and he would be favourite just because of who he is lol.
  • Options
    Draw is live on facebook at 12.

As I am using phone I cant watch and post so within 5 minutes of draw finishing I will have full draw on here.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Gotta say i disagree.

Yes I dont like Ronnie

No final since 2014

Got to say I disagree,

As soon as last years event finished and odds went up he was favourite.

When he took time out the game he was favourite.

He could have lost in 1st round every event this yeat and he would be favourite just because of who he is lol.
    Peoples champ , people will always back Ronnie and from recent seasons its like printing money for the bookies :P

I cant watch draw live as at work, will keep an eye out here and other sites.
  • Options
    Hawkins v Carrington
    Williams v Robertson
    Higgins v Un-Nooh
    Allen v Highfield
    Trump v Wakelin
    Ding v Guodong
    O'Sullivan v Maguire
    Selby v Perry
    Robertson v Milkins
    Brecel v Walden
    Wilson v Stevens
    Murphy v Jones
    Fu v Haotian
    McGill v Day
    Carter v Dott
    Bingham v Lisowski
  • Options
    Cheers toughie for Ronnie there, of all the qualifiers he is the one most capable of beating him :( Still should back Ronnie
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Predictions Round 1, if there is enough interest can do a league for each round .

Hawkins v Carrington
    Williams v Robertson
    Higgins v Un-Nooh
    Allen v Highfield
    Trump v Wakelin
    Ding v Guodong
    O'Sullivan v Maguire
    Selby v Perry
    Robertson v Milkins
    Brecel v Walden
    Wilson v Stevens
    Murphy v Jones
    Fu v Haotian
    McGill v Day
    Carter v Dott
    Bingham v Lisowski

A few hard to call ones but think you should see at least 12 seeds go through.
  • Options
    Enjoyed catching up on the thread - made my first trip to the Crucible last year for the first round weekend, and was lucky enough to see Ronnie v Gary Wilson on table 1 - and a view round the corner of Ebdon v Bingham on 2 - to be honest, I like a few of the players but once I saw that we would get to see Ronnie, it made it for me. Love him or hate him, he's the main attraction. Was surprised how intimate it was, would go again - although this year the tickets were really hard to get hold of for the early rounds when it is reasonably priced - look forward to the first round predictors.