Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Ashes: Australia v England, 2013-14.

Comments

• Haddin is a fantastic test match batsman. He is an absolute bastard to get out, a more than capable wicketkeeper and can play like a killer, accelerate at will or smash the ball to all parts as required. How he EVER got dropped for that useless prick Wade I'll never know.
  • CHGCHG
    edited December 2013
    Haddin in form is a better choice, but I think Prior is a better player. I guess this series shows how important form is.
  • Haddin was also dropped before he was into double figures in this test.
  • Riviera said:

Where IS that whoosh button!

Oops, think I might have missed that first time round!
  • Haddin was unavailable for nearly 18m due to family issues.
  • I'm no fan of KP but he has the ability to dictate how this series pans out. I hope he's not required until after tea but when he does come out I hope it's a case of commeth the hour, commeth the man.
  • Well this is looking good
  • Joe Root. Stupid, petulant, idiot.
  • Need a 200+ partnership for this or the next wicket...
  • Embarassing.
  • Sponsored links:

• poor. another cheap wicket.
  • KP was the game changer here, fear the test is gone now
  • edited December 2013
    FUCKs sake. What sort of shots are these to get out to? Pathetic - as shambolic as that lot were last time we were down under.
  • Won't even avoid the follow on here now
  • edited December 2013
    I like Carberry as a player, but the way he plays somehow always makes me think his next shot will be awful.
  • Carberry and Bell, come on.
  • edited December 2013
    carberry got his 50. though his catching has not been his best but at least he's made some runs in this series so far unlike the rest of our batsman. which from seeing him in county I always thought he could make the step up. lets hope he can continue it.
  • Funny, I've seen him play a lot and always thought he could make that step up too. Just unfortunate to be playing in an era when England have been pretty blessed for openers. Sound bloke as well, know a couple of people who grew up with him and they see him as a pretty well-rounded bloke.
  • he seems like a nice bloke and it's good to hear that he is. hope he's not a palace fan though cos I know he comes from that way.
  • Go on the Carbs!

Also why I said Bell at 3 - can score more freely than Root, wrestle the initiative back. Got the technique for the job too. Pietersen's dismissal was scandalous - absolute disgrace. Root's not much better, but has the excuses of inexperience and pressure from top, top bowling first up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah, I've never actually found out if he's a Palace fan, but he's a Thornton Heath boy, I think - so probably a safe assumption :(
  • after all that.

good catch from warner, prick.
  • Great captaincy from Clarke. Poxy Nelson.
  • It's a shame cook is a useless tosser. Who knows whether it would have made any difference but it must be psychologically challenging to be chasing down huge totals all the time rather than having a crack first on these pitches.

Your living up to your name. If you know anything about cricket you will know Cooke is far from useless and if we had won the toss we wouldn't have been chasing these totals .
    Jeez! Useless tosser was a pun! And your second point is precisely the one I was making. d'oh.
  • yep, nelson strikes again.

wouldn't mind knowing how many times that's happened. it's a know unlucky number for us but I'm not a believer in superstitions but this one seems to have a hold on us.

116-4 lunch
  • Hate to say it, but that is us done now
  • edited December 2013
    stokes gone. lbw review.

we're screwed. what's the follow on?
  • edited December 2013
    we are really screwed now.

prior gone.

117/6

prior gone for a duck. he's really struggling with his batting.

Johnson bowls to the left he's bowls to the right he makes our batting look shite!

• fuck this I'm going to bed.
  • We look petrified of Johnson