Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Ashes: Australia v England, 2013-14.

Comments

• Not yet. Shane Warne predicts we will get bowled out between the 69th and 79th overs - I can't see us lasting that long.

Spoken like a true Charlton fan : - )
  • Our pre tour conceit and arrogance has well and truly caught up with us.

We had the rub of the green in the summer and the margin of victory flattered us. I and some others said so at the time so not hindsight.

I'll be amazed if we can even draw this series.
  • Prior will be playing for his test career in the second innings. Another failure and he has to be dropped for Bairstow for Perth.

And though I can't see him being dropped in this series, KP needs big runs otherwise he won't play test cricket again after Sydney and can bugger off to IPL
  • Australia declare.

England need 531 to win from 180 overs......................
  • Australia declare.

England need 531 to win from 180 overs......................

Easy! By my reckoning that's under 3 runs an over, simple game cricket ... : - )
  • Captain cook. Oh dear
  • Can you drop your Captain? The man has totally lost it. What a pathetic shot.
  • Can you drop your Captain? The man has totally lost it. What a pathetic shot.

The late Mike Denness dropped himself when Lillee and Thomson destroyed him and the rest of our batting in 1974/75.

This series is beginning to seem ominously similar.

• After today, I might give up on sport full stop. Nothing but pain and heartache!

Why did he even play that? Why?? He has given up.
  • Just seen that we are 488-31 so far in this Ashes ... So do you reckon we'll hit the target of 531 by the end of the series? ...
  • Sponsored links:

• After today, I might give up on sport full stop. Nothing but pain and heartache!

Why did he even play that? Why?? He has given up.

I feel the same. I was so looking forward to this series .

If the Aussies weren't such a shambles that they were when they came to the UK last year there is no way we would have won that last series under Cooke.

• Guess the over we're done,

I'm going 73
  • mrbligh said:

Guess the over we're done,

I'm going 73

• edited December 2013
    mrbligh said:

I'm going 73

Did you say over? Or run total?
  • Is the rain going to save us?
  • The comeback is on!
  • edited December 2013
    Got to say it but that piece of KFC chicken on the sight screen looks rotten as hell.

That's how good the cricket is..
  • The KFC over there is on another level to what we have here. Agree that that $2 wing/thing looks a bit dodgy though.........
  • tv going off now
  • Sponsored links:

• What the fuck is wrong with this bunch of prats?

BRING THEM HOME. NOW!
  • LEMMINGS.
  • I'm going to have a sandwich
  • LenGlover said:

Our pre tour conceit and arrogance has well and truly caught up with us.

We had the rub of the green in the summer and the margin of victory flattered us. I and some others said so at the time so not hindsight.

I'll be amazed if we can even draw this series.

Yes Len, I said it all last summer, on here and everywhere.
    I warned everyone that Johnson was a new man.
    I told everyone that this series would be very tough.
  • Ok I'm off to bed. If we aren't 2-0 down by the time I get up I will be amazed .
  • 65-2 at lunch.
    KP and Root doing what they should have done yesterday.
  • 131-3 Siddle gets KP again, just as we are looking a bit more solid. Only 399 to win
    , easy game Bell 200, Root 200 and the rest knock off the extra's.My Charlton optimism is rubbing off on my cricket thinking.
  • Absolutely everything is on this partnership. It pretty much has to survive two sessions.
  • Ian Bell what were you thinking. Our best player smacks pie chucker Smiths full toss straight to Moustachioed Mitch.
  • I said two sessions not two overs !

Start the plane....