Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daily Fail article : BIG DL in trouble? (Not really)

Comments

• Options

cafctom said:

FYI - People do often swear when they aren't actually angry.

Glad you agree with me.

Bollocks. - (somebody had to)
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Curbs 14/1

along with Appleton to be next announcer ?

• Options
    Which announcer got sacked before then ?

I thought it was BDL who did the previous Palarse thing ?
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic's stadium announcer is flirting with danger.

The Daily Mail says Dave Lockwood, Charlton’s current public address speaker, risked censure when informing The Valley crowd that they should "make some noise for the boys"

The comment upset the Charlton ladies team and females everywhere (except Polish woman as they shouldn't be here).

The Addicks have already sacked stadium announcers for making derogatory comments about getting your tits out and saying 'I definitely would' about that bird referee assistant.
  • Options
    Dave is a legend in his own lifetime, and I now know why the call him Big... it's the hands of course

;)
  • Options
    Brian Cole was sacked wasn't he? For saying Palarse..
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

Charlton Athletic's stadium announcer is flirting with danger.

The Daily Mail says Dave Lockwood, Charlton’s current public address speaker, risked censure when informing The Valley crowd that they should "make some noise for the boys"

The comment upset the Charlton ladies team and females everywhere (except Polish woman as they shouldn't be here).

The Addicks have already sacked stadium announcers for making derogatory comments about getting your tits out and saying 'I definitely would' about that bird referee assistant.

When did the Mail become the Sunday Sport part 2 ?
  • Options
    I am sure that if Dave makes a full and sincere apology to Palace it will be accepted and we will all be able to move on. I am also sure that he will think twice about making such derogatory statements again in the future.
  • Options
    i just assumed that it meant his accumulator had come in and that he was now in a financial possition to be able to bid on one of the auctions on charlton life.

• Options
    @Henry Irving maybe he meant the CP* Brigade

As in Crystal Palace not Chris Powell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    razil said:

I believe the term was 'that lot'. Right BC??
  • Options

razil said:

No I'm pretty sure it was "Palarse" not sure how that's really a stackable offence.
  • Options
    I can't remember the game on Sunday let alone what I said NINE years ago. :-=)
  • Options
    se9addick said:

razil said:

No I'm pretty sure it was "Palarse" not sure how that's really a stackable offence.

I remember him saying both "Palarse" and referring to them as "that lot". Also he read out their team really, really quickly. A small collection of heinous crimes.
  • Options

Lockwood said: "We all know what that means don’t we. ~The useless stripey Nigel f**kers are bottom. Let's all do the conga?"

Well, that's what I heard from my seat...................

Genuine lol moment - tears streaming and all. Brilliant!
  • Options
    Shame Palace never sacked their announcer, when he said "will the owner of the caravan Pikey1 parked in the Sainsbury's car park please remove it as it's causing an obstruction" when we busy beating them at Sellout.
  • Options
    bc_addick said:

I can't remember the game on Sunday let alone what I said NINE years ago. :-=)

Is that your explanation why you never gave me my 50 quid back that I lent you?

• Options
    who are you
    :-)
  • Options
    Oops...got sidetracked by some school children fighting at the back of the classroom :-)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I don't know I pop out for a while and all hell brakes lose. There's a full blown free BDL campaign, posters are falling out over political correctness and now we've got to have a love in with the Nigel's. No way I'm out :0)

So exactly how does one claim a free BDL?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:

RedChaser said:

I don't know I pop out for a while and all hell brakes lose. There's a full blown free BDL campaign, posters are falling out over political correctness and now we've got to have a love in with the Nigel's. No way I'm out :0)

So exactly how does one claim a free BDL?
    Buy another BDL of equal or greater value?
  • Options
    Now that would have been ideal for the 'question for BDL' thread, shame it has been closed. Wonder if Dave would like it reopened so that we can show our support for him :0)
  • Options
    Whilst I sympathise with Brian Cole - you can understand why he got in trouble but Dave Lockwood didn't mention Palace. Ok, most of us knew what he meant but I'm sure nobody took offence and by not mentioning them, he was sufficiently subtle IMO. Maybe some Palace fans in the crowd would have taken offence, but this was a Charlton v Wigan match so no problem there then!
  • Options
    palace dont even care about us (they hate brighton after "gizzgate" at mr gay uk 1974 or what ever)
  • Options
    BDL out
  • Options
    What a load of rubbish. I thought the same when they decided to relieve BC of the announcing duties.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thought Dave was quite witty, actually. Was far more perturbed when he gave the mic to Bob Bolder, who bellowed like he was auditioning for the role of a lost Mitchell bruver in Eastenders!
  • Options
    Sack Lockwood
  • Options
    Yeah but yeah but
    Not much beats that woman on the pitch that half time that day at Selhurst.
    Tee hee.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Carter said:

Sack Lockwood

I know your joking , but he does a great job , i must admit it could be a bit of a laugh if Bobbie Boulder did it for one match , he certainly was loud & proud as they say against Wigan on the ole mic , do you think he enjoyed the Valley Vino a little? :-0