Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Got a readable link?
  • How the hell have the Daily Mail got hold of that?!
  • Jesus H Christ, do people actually get paid for filling content like that ???
  • Jesus, how on earth is that newsworthy?! Don't normally get involved in the slagging off of the Daily Mail, but they must be pretty hard up if they feel the need to cover non-events like that.
  • it wont open will someone please cut and paste

• Charlton Athletic's stadium announcer is flirting with danger.

The Daily Mail says Dave Lockwood, Charlton’s current public address speaker, risked censure when informing The Valley crowd about Sunderland’s victory against Newcastle last Sunday.

Lockwood said: "We all know what that means don’t we. I would be in trouble if I told you but I think we all know, don’t we?"

The result put Crystal Palace bottom of the Premier League.

The Addicks have already sacked stadium announcers for making derogatory comments about arch-rivals Crystal Palace.

For the big stories and the banter follow us on Twitter: @tribalfootball
  • BDLBDL
    edited October 2013
    Wow! Slow news day! Nothing new, we've always over exaggerated scores of our rivals. They do the same to us. It's rivalry and that is all. Nothing derogatory said at all.

• Lockwood said: "We all know what that means don’t we. I would be in trouble if I told you but I think we all know, don’t we?"

For the big stories and the banter follow us on Twitter: @tribalfootball

Big stories!

Can't see why BDL would be in trouble for saying Palace were bottom of the Premier league (or alternatively Pardew had lost an important game), it is just a statement of fact.
  • If anything you should have broke out into song. Going down going down going down
  • Free the Medway One.

• Sponsored links:

• Lockwood said: "We all know what that means don’t we. ~The useless stripey Nigel f**kers are bottom. Let's all do the conga?"

Well, that's what I heard from my seat...................
  • I'd actually be more pleased about Pardew losing than i would palace being bottom
  • How much more sterile do certain people want to make the game, Jesus H Christ this is going too far.
  • How is this news?
  • Blimey . its nice to know people are hanging on your every word Dave!

Surely this is a wind up?
  • #PrayForBDL
  • Say what you like about Pete, but we never had any of the hassle we seem to get with so called 'fans'
  • smiley face
  • how do I apply for the position?
  • Save BDL Protesters outside the Valley faced with hostile reception

• Sponsored links:

• Story by John Lawson
  • Plaaayer said:

Story by John Lawson

Lol, yes has he leaked this to the press?
  • Why does it matter if he did say Palace are bottom anyway? He's stating fact. He's in our ground, talking to our fans! The PC Brigade have gone fucking mental.
  • Why does it matter if he did say Palace are bottom anyway? He's stating fact. He's in our ground, talking to our fans! The PC Brigade have gone fucking mental.

Oh FFS What PC brigade? No one is saying he said he said anything wrong, it's a non-story and it's in the Daily Mail anyway. Hardly a bastion of so called PC.

• Tbh to you BDL I think you need to becareful not with what you said but the fact cafc seem to use any shit reason to move people away from their posts

And this can't have been instigated by a journo
  • Well out of order BDL . What about all the people who sky+ match of the day 2 ?? You just ruined their Sunday night by telling them the score . Just read out train times at future home games please

T-shirt now on sale £30 each*

* no proceeds will go to BDL or any campaign to save him
  • must admit I just assume palace are going to get about 15 points this year (as do most palace fans)...I thought he was having a dig at one of our previous managers

incidentally I think he ll turn up at Palace one day
  • lolwray said:

must admit I just assume palace are going to get about 15 points this year (as do most palace fans)...I thought he was having a dig at one of our previous managers

incidentally I think he ll turn up at Palace one day

BDL is going to Palace? The bastard has most likely been whoring himself to them for ages and this was the final audition. He's off my facebook list.

• tbf the tannoy system is so loud they probably heard him in Surrey.