Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daily Fail article : BIG DL in trouble? (Not really)

Comments

• Options
    This must be a joke?
  • Options
    :-) PMSL
  • Options
    In trouble with who exactly?

When you consider how much taunting the announcers and fans do in some other countries, we're made to look like a bunch of pansies!
  • Options
    last I heard, he was laying low until this all blows over

• Options
    *saving thread for the next time someone tries to defend the Daily Mail on Charlton Life*
  • Options
    It's not as if he was dancing around a Scottish car park shouting "The stripey Nigel cnuts are bottom of the league" at bemused Jocks like I was!

Strange old world.
  • Options
    Absolutely outrageous. The daily fail strikes once again.
  • Options
    Curbishley 14/1
  • Options
    This sort of comment happens everyweek.
    Clearly some palace muppet took us up on our £5 (£6) Offer and took major offence.
    Bless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I think if he did make these remarks he should be sacked on the spot.

No place for that sort of thing down the Valley.

We should be complimenting teams like Palace and Millwall and making sure their fans know how much we love them!
  • Options
    Pathetic.

Could have at least got some decent abuse in. Brian would never have left it at that.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Charlton Athletic's stadium announcer is flirting with danger.

The Daily Mail says Dave Lockwood, Charlton’s current public address speaker, risked censure when informing The Valley crowd about Sunderland’s victory against Newcastle last Sunday.

Lockwood said: "We all know what that means don’t we. I would be in trouble if I told you but I think we all know, don’t we?"

The result put Crystal Palace bottom of the Premier League.

The Addicks have already sacked stadium announcers for making derogatory comments about arch-rivals Crystal Palace.

Have we? Only one to my knowledge.
  • Options
    Must admit when I heard DL's comment on Sunday I thought he was implying that Pardew could get the tin tack. Never thought about Palace being bottom. Oh well, either possibility is acceptable.
  • Options

T-shirt now on sale £30 each*

* no proceeds will go to BDL or any campaign to save him

Dont care I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

• Options

Why does it matter if he did say Palace are bottom anyway? He's stating fact. He's in our ground, talking to our fans! The PC Brigade have gone fucking mental.

Oh FFS What PC brigade? No one is saying he said he said anything wrong, it's a non-story and it's in the Daily Mail anyway. Hardly a bastion of so called PC.

Calm yourself down pal, and untwist those knickers! Am I talking about on here, or am I talking about the Paper who has written the story? Use your brain before you start the awful drizzle you spout.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Big Dave FLIRTING!!!!????
    Filthy boy...
    :-)
  • Options

Why does it matter if he did say Palace are bottom anyway? He's stating fact. He's in our ground, talking to our fans! The PC Brigade have gone fucking mental.

Oh FFS What PC brigade? No one is saying he said he said anything wrong, it's a non-story and it's in the Daily Mail anyway. Hardly a bastion of so called PC.

Calm yourself down pal, and untwist those knickers! Am I talking about on here, or am I talking about the Paper who has written the story? Use your brain before you start the awful drizzle you spout.

Oh dear, I think it's you who's lost it and needs to calm down. No hint of so called PC anywhere, everyone was just laughing at how silly it all was until you went into "the PC brigade have gone fucking mental" You sounded very non-calm to me and all over something most people were laughing about.

• Options
    X
  • Options
    Curbs 14/1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FYI - People do often swear when they aren't actually angry.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

FYI - People do often swear when they aren't actually angry.

Glad you agree with me.

• Options
    I suggest a 'hug-a-Nigel' day to counteract any bad blood that may have been stirred up by such crass PA proclamations. We need to take a long hard look at ourselves and spread some love.
  • Options
    how did the mail find room on it's website what with the 100+ stories a day then do anout the Royal family and Imigration ... this has to be a fake :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I don't know I pop out for a while and all hell brakes lose. There's a full blown free BDL campaign, posters are falling out over political correctness and now we've got to have a love in with the Nigel's. No way I'm out :0)
  • Options
    When he said, 'We all know what that means, don't we?' I assumed he meant that single mothers should all have more children with asylum seekers so that they could get extra houses which could then be sub-let to Muslims who need space to groom under age girls. But then I do write for The Mail.
  • Options
    I was sitting in the front row at the Village Hotel when Richard Murray came down to introduce new manager Pardew. I asked the question as to why we had sacked the popular presenter on the pitch for saying Palarse, suggesting that a warning should have been sufficient. My question prompted a big round of applause from the audience, made Richard look very flustered, and Pardew decided to defend the decision seemingly having no knowledge of the background. I knew then that I would never like Pardew, sadly with good reason.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

When he said, 'We all know what that means, don't we?' I assumed he meant that single mothers should all have more children with asylum seekers so that they could get extra houses which could then be sub-let to Muslims who need space to groom under age girls. But then I do write for The Mail.

hidden sub-text ......
  • Options
    Granpa said:

I was sitting in the front row at the Village Hotel when Richard Murray came down to introduce new manager Pardew. I asked the question as to why we had sacked the popular presenter on the pitch for saying Palarse, suggesting that a warning should have been sufficient. My question prompted a big round of applause from the audience, made Richard look very flustered, and Pardew decided to defend the decision seemingly having no knowledge of the background. I knew then that I would never like Pardew, sadly with good reason.

What took you so long?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Indeed