Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

@CHATHMuseum

Comments

• Options
    photos by Ken from Bexley
  • Options
    Looking good, it's a big space by the looks of it?
  • Options

Looking good, it's a big space by the looks of it?

Not quite the British Museum but there is a lot of room to play with.

The girders break up the space and the roof slopes as you can see but as SG3 said that is part of the charm. The steel girders are already part of the history of the club as they are the north upper.

As you can see it needs cleaning, redecorating, fitting out, new security, cabinets etc, etc but we're on the way.

If we can get the Heritage Lottery Funding of £10k then that will go a long way to covering those costs plus we have the £7k ish from the BTTV21 (well we will when we get the cheque), plus a donation from the Fans Forum and others plus auctions on here.

Now we just need to find out if RD has an interest in history : )

• Options
    Great work :-) good luck with the lottery funding.
  • Options

Great work :-) good luck with the lottery funding.

Thanks, I think we'll be OK on the "small" (by their standards at least) bids as we have some good advisors from local museums but if we want the really big stuff (Everton got £1m) then it is a lot of work and processes to go through.

Still waiting on the Charity Commision to either confirm our application to become a charity or tell us what more we have to do. Huge savings on VAT if we can get that.
  • Options
    A pic of our last acquisition on twitter now.

This is the second big item this week. More on the first donation later.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kins match worn international shirt.

Quick quiz.

Name the four other Charlton players involved in the game.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    HI:
    Got 2 straight away, guessed the 3rd, but without google, wouldn't have got the defender.
  • Options
    Kiely
    Johansson
    Holland
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Kiely
    Johansson
    Holland

Correct

Deano and JJ were CAFC players at the time as was Kins. Maybe the only time we've had three current internationals play in the same game.

Holland joined us later.

Who was number 5? MOG has given a clue
  • Options
    The ginger Pele.
  • Options

The ginger Pele.

Nicky Bailey ?
    [wasn't a defender].
  • Options

The ginger Pele.

Nicky Bailey ?
    [wasn't a defender].
    Doc
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    "Found it in the street, honest officer"

One of a number of new acquisitions for the Museum

Check out the twitter feed for a very early player contract belonging to a Charlton legend. image
  • Options
    Great pic of Fred Chick's grave and visitors on twitter right now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There was a pretty unique looking brass plaque from 1947 FA Cup winning dinner or something i think on Ebay the other day - not sure if it is still up there, but was £300 or £400 I think so probably out of any museum budget.
  • Options

There was a pretty unique looking brass plaque from 1947 FA Cup winning dinner or something i think on Ebay the other day - not sure if it is still up there, but was £300 or £400 I think so probably out of any museum budget.

I saw that. £450 which is silly money IMO. Not even sure if it is original. I made a £20 best offer bid. If they can prove it is genuine that it would be great for the museum but not paying £450 for it.
  • Options
    check out @chathmuseum for a sneak preview of the "new" boot supplier
  • Options
    Also found online a hand written letter from Don Welsh to a fan apologising for not being able to help with Cup tickets...unlikely we would get that sort of demand for a game these days! Did a bit of research and the official allocation for the 47 Cup Final was just 12000!

The Leary boots are a superb addition to the museum
  • Options
    I was given a CAFC cap a few years ago by a person who collected CAFC badges. It has never been worn, but does have 10 badges including "airborne Addicks to Newcastle 1991/92 and CAFC v Pompey return to the Valley 5/12/1992. Is this of interest to the museum? if not would it be of interest to sell and money to a charity, (Upbeats or similar), if so, tell me where to send it. Thank you.
  • Options
    Ross1,

Yes, we'd love to have it.

Send or drop off at the Valley C/O Mick Everett, Charlton Athletic Musuem. The Airbourne Addicks badge is quite rare. Have you got a photo of the badges?

Thanks
  • Options
    No photos I am afraid Henry, the airborne badge is red and gold. I will put the cap in the post as address you have given.
  • Options
    Cheers
  • Options
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    Blimey, nearly threw this out over the weekend....a museum piece ?
    054.jpg 705.4K
    056.jpg 694.8K