Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

@CHATHMuseum

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Carl, what's it at now?
  • Options

Thanks Carl, what's it at now?

It cost me £150 from the club so its been listed at £150 BIN or offers
  • Options
    Not sure if its what's needed but got a couple of bits , simonsen silk scarf , 70 's team scarf with player photos on plus the Killer sweatshirt I recently got in the auction . Willing to loan if its the type of things your after ?
  • Options

Not sure if its what's needed but got a couple of bits , simonsen silk scarf , 70 's team scarf with player photos on plus the Killer sweatshirt I recently got in the auction . Willing to loan if its the type of things your after ?

Funnily enough someone else gave the museum a 70's scarf with photos but not sure if it is the same one with two phil Warmans.

Yes, we'd be happy to have all three on loan. Can you inbox me. Sorry, on mobile for fiddly to do.

• Options

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZRfaKjIgAAu0sl.jpg:large

This painting has recently been donated to the museum. Can any one help with a date and/or artist or just anymore info. Post 1963 as there are floodlights.

The photo is from the 1964/1965 season
  • Options
    The 'photo maybe, but fairly sure the picture says '84 next to the signature
  • Options
    I am sure it is not needed HI, but I have top goalscorer Andy Hunt's muddy right boot he threw into our end upon securing the Championship at Blackburn in 2000.
  • Options
    The darker patch in the north east Covered End roof was bomb damage repair, good that the artist picked that up
  • Options

I am sure it is not needed HI, but I have top goalscorer Andy Hunt's muddy right boot he threw into our end upon securing the Championship at Blackburn in 2000.

That's just the sort of thing we need. If you'd be prepared to gift or loan it we'd love to have it.

Inbox me when you can.

Off to pick up some photos tonight. Not sure what yet but will let you all know if exciting
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

This painting has recently been donated to the museum. Can any one help with a date and/or artist or just anymore info. Post 1963 as there are floodlights.

I thought we wore those white shirts with the red shoulder flashes in 1964/65.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two more great items, 60 years apart, on twitter now
  • Options

shirty5 said:

I thought we wore those white shirts with the red shoulder flashes in 1964/65.
    We did.
  • Options
    http://www.thecharltonathleticmuseum.co.uk/Charlton_Athletic_Museum_Home.html

Ken from Bexley and our web guy John from Zyglo have updated the website, added some more pages and generally tidied it up.

See the source for some articles on Charlton at war.

Feedback and suggestions welcome.
  • Options
    Henry, why does it say 'North Stand' on the roof of the West Stand?
  • Options
    Damn, thanks Stig.

I thought we already spotted that and had it changed.
  • Options
    Love the painting! Why not get some good quality prints reproduced from it and sell the prints to raise funds for the museum?
  • Options
    Funny enough we have something similar planned. Watch this space.

• Options
    Henry to save me trawling through all the posts (sorry admin) does the museum have one of these posters?image
  • Options
    We have a loan of some of the VP posters
  • Options
    Ok, no worry's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you're looking to sell that one Ray I'd be interested or a donation. Only if you had a spare that is otherwise I wouldn't ask.
  • Options

Love the painting! Why not get some good quality prints reproduced from it and sell the prints to raise funds for the museum?

I'd definitely buy one of these...
  • Options
    I have a programme from the players benefit dinner after the 1947 cup final win.
  • Options
    When will the museum open ?
  • Options
    We are aiming for Feb but that depends on a lot of things falling into place including heritage lottery funding.

We've got enough money to decorate the room and fit security alarms and cameras.

We now need to find the money for cabinets and other display materials.
  • Options
    Have you tried looking at freebay or gumtree freebies etc this time of the year people give away bulky furniture to make room cabinets may be given away.
  • Options
    I have a freebie filing cabinet that needs a good home if you could use it? Sadly its no use for displaying :(
  • Options
    Sadie/TCE,

Thanks for the ideas and offer.

What we need are museum standard cabinets with the right lighting, security, etc features.

There are sometimes such cabinets offered by other museums and we hope to get lucky.
  • Options
    Meanwhile check the twitter feed for "latest" results v Leige. : - )

We also played a Belgium team called Ent. Standard in 1924.

Any info on these games/clubs welcome.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    We had some design students looking at the museum room today.

Check out the twitter feed for pictures of the space we have.

The students from Ravens Bourne College, one of whom is a former CAFC academy player, will work up a proposed design as part of Heritage Lottery Funding bid.