Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford vs. Charlton - Post Match Views

1235»

Comments

• Options

Shaun Newton ‏@SNewts7
    Well done to Powelly and the CAFC boys! Good point.

I think if the manager believed in the squad a little, we might win this type of game - he must use the bench better.
    really
    Yeah, really - if you we're there you would've seen it - the bench might've been the difference between 1 and 3 points
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    your so right Andy , chris powells decision saved us a point and didn't cost us one well pointed out, it also stopped Watford from gaining three
  • Options
    Maybe different changes would have got us another two points - or possibly a misjudgement would have seen us collapse and concede more goals, and leave with no points. We don't know and can't really know for sure. CP is well known for being defensive and cautionary in seeing out a game, same as Curbs often was, but I trust his call 9 times out of 10.
  • Options
    so you think he doesn't believe in the squad a little

imagine if he believed in it a lot we'd win the premiership
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I think it is difficult and says more about how we see the game personally. Nobody can claim they can do Chrissy's job better than him - that would be rubbish - but we will have views about the game that are valid. My instincts are towards the Eddie Howe approach - go for it and with 3 points for a win - you will win more points than you lose.

Others will be more cautious but you can't knock what Curbs has achieved nor Chrissy so far. But if you take opinions out of football you might as well close this forum down. But it certainly shouldn't mean if you disagree with that approach that you are attacking the manager. Having said all of that - it was much more subtle yesterday than say Palace last season. We still had some ambition at the other end! I just think Watford were out of sorts - thanks to our pressing and we should have been more attacking after getting the first - being tighter/more defensive and it helps them find a way back in.
  • Options
    How good was Wilsons tackle in the first half. One of the best ive ever seen.
  • Options
    The last 10 minutes either team could have won it, it was an open game, with plenty of action at noth ends, we could easily won 2-1 or lost 2-1
  • Options
    Having seen the replays, their goal seemed to be offside, Hames definitelt thought so.
  • Options

Having seen the replays, their goal seemed to be offside, Hames definitelt thought so. How their guy didn't get a second yellow for the pen is appalling.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Having seen the replays, their goal seemed to be offside, Hames definitelt thought so.

I had a look at this a few times, I think Wilson was playing them all on, not 100% though

• Options
    P'raps Watford were not in full swing but I thought we deserved the point and gave as good as we got throughout.
    Wiggo the only minor let down. Maybe it's because Anya was on fire but Wiggins looks a different player this season hoping he picks up some form.
    Wood looked decent, he did a good job against Deeney who is no mug at this level.
    Bring on the wall. (huddersfield, meh... it's been done already once this season)
  • Options
    2 very tough games against Leicester and Watford(2 of the top tips to go up) and we have 4 points, no complaints from me whatsoever about our progress and improvement since the start of the season. We will get a lot better and in my view we are going to one of the surprise teams in this unpredictable league this season! COYR
  • Options
    a good point i think, good support by us, enjoyable day out and palace and millwall lost, would happily take a point away at huddersfield and then i think millwall are there for the taking personally
  • Options
    Good result against one of the stronger teams in the division it looks like CP has found a system that works for the players we have so congratulations to him for being bold. Now a nice win against the Spanners on Saturday would go down very nicely!